+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huw Jenkins

Huw Jenkins

Can't say I really follow the affairs of them down West. I do remember them banging on and on though about how great it was for them to have a true fan running the club and with them loving the fact that they were in safe hands etc.

So a bit surprised to stumble across this: https://www.theguardian.com/football...er-huw-jenkins

What's going on down there like?

Re: Huw Jenkins

True colours shining through .

Its ultimately the problem with supporters trusts at the moment, even at Swansea where the trust held a significant percentage, they never have any real say.

What we see here is that people want to cash out, other want to jump onto the premier league tv money train, and the trust can do little about it.

this the bloke that reeds the news on the bbc?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    this the bloke that reeds the news on the bbc?
    Did he grass on 'um.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Can't say I really follow the affairs of them down West. I do remember them banging on and on though about how great it was for them to have a true fan running the club and with them loving the fact that they were in safe hands etc.

So a bit surprised to stumble across this: https://www.theguardian.com/football...er-huw-jenkins

Jenkins was just the front for it
    Maybe Martin Morgan needs the money - or rather his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Jenkins was just the front for it
    Maybe Martin Morgan needs the money - or rather his wife?
    Whose his wife is she fit

Fit enough, she made £20m on the sale

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Fit enough, she made £20m on the sale
    It was certain to end in tears one day
    Their love affair with Huw
    Wait till theyr'e playing in red,white and blue

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I hope they are going to demonstrate vehemently against their owners. I mean they would never bend over and take it up the Jacksie like we would now would they

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    They can make up words to this then:---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1ocjcD-ZE

Yee haw.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I hope they are going to demonstrate vehemently against their owners. I mean they would never bend over and take it up the Jacksie like we would now would they
    When they are rebranded, and they will be in some shape or form, we will get the chance to point at the American flags and chant "what the ****ing he'll is that". Karma....we'll always be white...etc...we'll always be shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    When they are rebranded, and they will be in some shape or form, we will get the chance to point at the American flags and chant "what the ****ing he'll is that". Karma....we'll always be white...etc...we'll always be shite.
    They could become Swansea south coast surfers

They have bent over backwards and taken it up the arse for the Yanky dollar.
    Go White Socks.

They won't be rebranded. Americans respect the history of the game. It's part of the selling point over here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They won't be rebranded. Americans respect the history of the game. It's part of the selling point over here.
    The good old US of A the home of the sporting Franchise.

Rednecks or Dead apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Money is ruining another football club, but this time its mine. Early days, but I, like lots of other supporters, don't like the way the club is going. You lot know more than most, after Sam & Vince, they are only interested in what they can take out, not what they put in. We are where we are, and our clubs will be here long after the Sly money and foreign carpetbaggers have gone.

I think the Premier League is overrated anyhow, I prefered the Championship. If we were to go down, I'll not miss the £100k motors I see being driven out of the Training Complex, and it'd be easier to get tickets to see the games. Only plus is the streams available for the away games.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Money is ruining another football club, but this time its mine. Early days, but I, like lots of other supporters, don't like the way the club is going. You lot know more than most, after Sam & Vince, they are only interested in what they can take out, not what they put in. We are where we are, and our clubs will be here long after the Sly money and foreign carpetbaggers have gone.

I think the Premier League is overrated anyhow, I prefered the Championship. If we were to go down, I'll not miss the £100k motors I see being driven out of the Training Complex, and it'd be easier to get tickets to see the games. Only plus is the streams available for the away games.
    Bugger. Spoilsport.

Easy to say the prem is overrated when on the slide.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Exactly.
    But it is overrated - many of us said so on here when on the way up too. It was clear it was always going to be more about posing and dick waving than playing football. The Championship is the better annual contest without a doubt as it is nearly impossible to predict who will win any game.

In recent years the Prem has taken on some of that contest quality finally, but the whole overhyping of everything is just irritating if you just want to see someone play football.

If you take a look at my posts from seasons gone by and you'll see I am consistent, but as you've only been a member since March, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I've always said, success in the PL, for clubs like ours, is finishing 17th or higher, which is not much ambition to have, at the start of a season, is it. We want to see the clubs we follow win. I'm not saying I want us to fail and drop into The Championship, but I'd not be heartbroken.

I just hope that the Likes of Martin Morgan, et al, have got their money safely invested, so if the worse happens, they can ride in and save the day, once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    But it is overrated - many of us said so on here when on the way up too. It was clear it was always going to be more about posing and dick waving than playing football. The Championship is the better annual contest without a doubt as it is nearly impossible to predict who will win any game.

In recent years the Prem has taken on some of that contest quality finally, but the whole overhyping of everything is just irritating if you just want to see someone play football.
    This ▲