+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wonder woman

Blog Entries

Wonder woman

Wonder Woman as UN ambassador? Seriously? it's The United Nations not Marvel Comics, a fictional character with a huge front.. and that's just the UN.

What next? Batman in Downing Street? Superman for President?

Re: Wonder woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Wonder Woman as UN ambassador? Seriously? it's The United Nations not Marvel Comics, a fictional character with a huge front.. and that's just the UN.

The Joker in the Whitehouse.

I'm with the protestors:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-staff-protest

But not the first time the UN has been this stupid:

The choice of Wonder Woman was not the first time a fictional honorary ambassador was chosen to represent the UN. Previously, Winnie the Pooh was an ambassador for International Day of Friendship, and a character from Angry Birds was chosen for International Day of Happiness, according to NPR. Tinker Bell was made “honorary ambassador of green” in 2009.

Although now Wonder Woman is bi/gay (as well as white, young, busty, good looking, and wrapped in the American flag) there is at least a small chance of reaching beyond corporate glam:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...rhero-is-queer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm with the protestors:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...-staff-protest

But not the first time the UN has been this stupid:

The choice of Wonder Woman was not the first time a fictional honorary ambassador was chosen to represent the UN. Previously, Winnie the Pooh was an ambassador for International Day of Friendship, and a character from Angry Birds was chosen for International Day of Happiness, according to NPR. Tinker Bell was made “honorary ambassador of green” in 2009.

Although now Wonder Woman is bi/gay (as well as white, young, busty, good looking, and wrapped in the American flag) there is at least a small chance of reaching beyond corporate glam:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...rhero-is-queer
    I don't think they should have made her gay.

Wonderwoman was a DC not Marvel character originally. However it is a shyte idea from the UN.

Mind you a woman in boots might whip the aggressive men into submission. Are you watching Putin ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Wonderwoman was a DC not Marvel character originally. However it is a shyte idea from the UN.

Mind you a woman in boots might whip the aggressive men into submission. Are you watching Putin ?
    Marvel was the only name I knew.

I'm sure Putin is watching

I don't think they should have made her gay.
    She comes from an island entirely populated by women

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    She comes from an island entirely populated by women
    Yes, her creator once said “Frankly, Wonder Woman is psychological propaganda for the new type of woman who, I believe, should rule the world.” not something I find very inspiring tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing Theresa May jumping from a tall building though.

Yes, her creator once said “Frankly, Wonder Woman is psychological propaganda for the new type of woman who, I believe, should rule the world.” not something I find very inspiring tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing Theresa May jumping from a tall building though.
    I think it's a good choice for a un ambassador, its basically just about raising awareness of issues and looks like they have got people talking about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it's a good choice for a un ambassador, its basically just about raising awareness of issues and looks like they have got people talking about it.
    In what way would say she is a good role model?

When it comes to super powers Wonder woman is no match for my Nan, she had them all.