+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manga , Warnock ??

Manga , Warnock ??

I see Warnock talking about players such as Emyr Huws / Pilk's not making having much first team action because of international commitments , do you think his silence on Manga is a sign he's off in January ??

I would like to see him paired with Sol Bamba to provide more forward runs from defense through to midfield /forwards as he does have that in his locker , or even play him midfield as he does have good feet .

Re: Manga , Warnock ??

I think Manga is more of a ball playing Centre Back (or at least he seems to try to be without always succeeding!) and as such he is prone to mistakes. It appears that Warnock is using a back to basics approach where defenders are told to defend ahead of anything pretty eg Sol Bamba and the Beckenbauer comment. Don't think that Manga suits the current style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I see Warnock talking about players such as Emyr Huws / Pilk's not making having much first team action because of international commitments , do you think his silence on Manga is a sign he's off in January ??

I would like to see him paired with Sol Bamba to provide more forward runs from defense through to midfield /forwards as he does have that in his locker , or even play him midfield as he does have good feet .
    There is no chance of him pairing bamba with manga barring injuries. Bamba started like this for leeds and finished 4th choice. Manga will never be a warnock type and is already behind conolly and morro in the pecking order and finally warnock is not going to drop the skipper for manga.

I think he could also do a job as an holding midfielder, just in front on the back four.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    I think he could also do a job as an holding midfielder, just in front on the back four.
    Not for me. He can't be arsed to rush 5 yards to close the striker down let alone charge around midfield putting out fires.

Warnock demands players leave everything on the field and Manga is so laid back he's horizontal.