+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Uber Ride

Re: Free Uber Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    One advantage of Uber is you can pay by credit card. There are annoyingly few taxi companies in Cardiff that take them.
    Most major cities it is commonplace.
    Especially annoying if you are using a company credit card for travel expenses.
    Last thing you want is to use a company credit with taxi receipts. They can never be arsed to write them out so nice little perk who claiming receipts back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Uber is absolutely fantastic, my love for it is fuelled by my hatred of Dragons taxis and their cowboy drivers.
    Where do you think these super duper new breed of cabbies have appeared from. Most are hackney cab drivers who were enticed by a signing up bonus and another bonus for recommending other drivers. When i packed in last year with Dragon i was taking about £800 p/w and paying radio rent of £85 which is 10%. Uber take 25% of your fare.
    Might seem cheaper at the mo,but wait till you get hit with price surge when it's busy.
    Black and whites give taxi drivers a bad name,i never once refused a short fare or left people stranded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    You agree a price with Uber then pay. You don't have to deal with arguing with a greedy bastard speaking in part English and part Arabic whilst haggling over the price.
    Your post that I was responding to was about tracking them not about agreeing prices. However, with the Dragon app you can book a taxi, get a price and track the taxi. And Dragon have plenty of drivers who are native English speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
    Where do you think these super duper new breed of cabbies have appeared from. Most are hackney cab drivers who were enticed by a signing up bonus and another bonus for recommending other drivers. When i packed in last year with Dragon i was taking about £800 p/w and paying radio rent of £85 which is 10%. Uber take 25% of your fare.
    Might seem cheaper at the mo,but wait till you get hit with price surge when it's busy.
    Black and whites give taxi drivers a bad name,i never once refused a short fare or left people stranded.
    You agree the price beforehand, therein lies the difference. With Uber they can't **** you over as much as they could with Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    One advantage of Uber is you can pay by credit card. There are annoyingly few taxi companies in Cardiff that take them.
    Most major cities it is commonplace.
    Especially annoying if you are using a company credit card for travel expenses.
    Dragon and Premier both have apps that let you book taxis and pay by card

I can't see many price surges in Cardiff due to high demand, except the known busiest nights of the year when buyers will have to be careful. Uber also makes better use of technology than ordinary black cab companies, however there are far too many stories of mistakes being made (cars getting lost) and I can't forget the bogus claims on here by one supporter that it was a safer experience that makes me nervous about using it.