+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Uber Ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Free Uber Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Just like |dragon taxis
    You agree a price with Uber then pay. You don't have to deal with arguing with a greedy bastard speaking in part English and part Arabic whilst haggling over the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    You agree a price with Uber then pay. You don't have to deal with arguing with a greedy bastard speaking in part English and part Arabic whilst haggling over the price.
    Sounds good.

Unless you fall asleep.

Or end up in a rapists cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Sounds good.

Unless you fall asleep.

Or end up in a rapists cab.
    Same as with a Normal taxi then?

Except if you fall asleep and get the scenic route home you can get your money back it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Your post that I was responding to was about tracking them not about agreeing prices. However, with the Dragon app you can book a taxi, get a price and track the taxi. And Dragon have plenty of drivers who are native English speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    One advantage of Uber is you can pay by credit card. There are annoyingly few taxi companies in Cardiff that take them.
    Most major cities it is commonplace.
    Especially annoying if you are using a company credit card for travel expenses.
    Dragon and Premier both have apps that let you book taxis and pay by card

I can't see many price surges in Cardiff due to high demand, except the known busiest nights of the year when buyers will have to be careful. Uber also makes better use of technology than ordinary black cab companies, however there are far too many stories of mistakes being made (cars getting lost) and I can't forget the bogus claims on here by one supporter that it was a safer experience that makes me nervous about using it.