+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No Rickie for a few weeks - perhaps

No Rickie for a few weeks - perhaps

Badly cut shin apparently.
    We wish him a speedy recovery.

Will be interesting to see what shape NW sets up for the visit of the pie eaters.

Re: No Rickie for a few weeks - perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Badly cut shin apparently.
    We wish him a speedy recovery.

Will be interesting to see what shape NW sets up for the visit of the pie eaters.
    He better get Chamakh to do a few laps around the pitch this week I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    He better get Chamakh to do a few laps around the pitch this week I think.
    Or give Pilkington some finishing practice

Banned

Blessing in disguise, he is way past it. Casual was on here not so long ago defending his goal scoring record which is pretty poor over the last few seasons. Sooner see Chamakh play

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Blessing in disguise, he is way past it. Casual was on here not so long ago defending his goal scoring record which is pretty poor over the last few seasons. Sooner see Chamakh play
    Says the man who brought us Alex Ravell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Says the man who brought us Alex Ravell
    The topic is Rickie, can you try and contribute something useful for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    The topic is Rickie, can you try and contribute something useful for a change?
    Ok.
    Rickie's best days are behind him for sure, but he still has his nous, his positional play and wins more than his fair share of aerial battles.
    Badly cut leg? Few stitches, new shin pad and he should be back in a couple of weeks max IMHO.
    Personally, as I've said before, I think he needs someone to play off him.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ok.
    Rickie's best days are behind him for sure, but he still has his nous, his positional play and wins more than his fair share of aerial battles.
    Badly cut leg? Few stitches, new shin pad and he should be back in a couple of weeks max IMHO.
    Personally, as I've said before, I think he needs someone to play off him.
    There's no one at the club that can win and hold a ball up in that traditional centre forward way, he's the best we have had since the mighty Peter Thorne.

Neil Warnock admits there are real fears of Rickie Lambert after the striker suffered a 'horrific' injury during the 2-1 win over Nottingham Forest.

Lambert made a bright start to the game as his full-blooded tackle released Joe Ralls through on goal for what should have been the opener. However, he had to be substituted soon after Cardiff's first goal.

After peeling off to the back post, he was involved in a nasty collision with Forest keeper Vladimir Stojkovic as he tried to volley on goal.

Warnock has revealed that the keeper's studs created a horrific gash in Lambert's leg.

He said: "Rickie's a bad one, you couldn't really look at it at half-time. The cut is that deep they're just worried about whether there's any ligament damage, I'm shaking now [just thinking about it]. It's severed right through his shin, terrible.

"We've no idea at all at the moment in terms of the timescale.

"It looked really bad. I don't know how cuts heal but it looked horrific. I had to get one or two of the lads out, I didn't want them looking at it at half-time in a game like that."

Lambert was taken to hospital after being stretchered off, clearly in agony as he thumped the floor before receiving treatment.

Details about his lay-off are currently unclear.

Cardiff play Wigan Athletic at home next Saturday before a daunting trip to Newcastle United seven days later.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...berts-12066386

Blimey, didn't realise it was that bad.

Lambert has been doing ok and we will miss him.The big worry with this type of injury is infection but with any luck he should be back soon as he has got a good medical team taking care of him.Will his absence open the door for Ken or Fred.Will Manga be used as target man.He is big strong and has pace.I would give him a go.

Its OK we have Fred and Ken as cover......

Get well very very very soon Rickie

With only 2 games between now and 19th November i would give Lambert that time to recover. He is not of an age or fitness to play every game anyway so i think the break could do him good. Pilks to take over up front with Chamakh on the bench can hopefully help navigate the next 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Its OK we have Fred and Ken as cover......

Get well very very very soon Rickie
    Well Warnock has brought the best out of others maybe he can cast a magic spell on these two.I very much doubt it but we live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Well Warnock has brought the best out of others maybe he can cast a magic spell on these two.I very much doubt it but we live in hope.
    Paul Daniels couldn't cast magic on those pair they are a lost cause.

3 year deal for Ken I despair

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Paul Daniels couldn't cast magic on those pair they are a lost cause.

3 year deal for Ken I despair
    Agreed.
    Let's hope Chamakh is ready.