+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Frustrated

Frustrated

Excellent result today and well deserved.

Just a little frustrated. To think that the powers that be ever thought that Trollope was a better option than Warnock. On what grounds? A bloke who had achieved almost nothing in management and apparently didn't even want the job versus a man with seven promotions to his name , Amongst other things.

It was a ridiculous decision. All this talk about Welsh players and the Cardiff way was just nonsense. We must learn from this and choose the best man in the future.

Unfortunately the wrong choice has probably cost us a stab at promotion this year.

Re: Frustrated

I do not know why, when i read it i was leaning on my left hand side.It must have been how so neat your post was

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Excellent result today and well deserved.

Just a little frustrated. To think that the powers that be ever thought that Trollope was a better option than Warnock. On what grounds? A bloke who had achieved almost nothing in management and apparently didn't even want the job versus a man with seven promotions to his name , Amongst other things.

It was a ridiculous decision. All this talk about Welsh players and the Cardiff way was just nonsense. We must learn from this and choose the best man in the future.

Unfortunately the wrong choice has probably cost us a stab at promotion this year.
    Was it ever 'Trollope vs Warnock'?

The club thought they had done the right thing at the time (a few times) - with OGS, Slade and Trollope. They hadn't.
    In the case of Trollope I think they thought they had done the right (ah, and cheap!) thing, and TBF I can see why they might have thought that.
    Board seem to have done the right thing now. We are still not out of the woods, but its looking pretty fine so far.
    No point in looking back and getting wound up by it. Nothing we can do about it whatsoever, unless we have a time machine.
    Onward!

They took the cheap option with Slade and cuts and then went one gamble too far this summer giving the job to Trollope and bringing in shit cheap foreigners as our strike force for the season.
    If we hadn't made such a poor start I'd doubt we'd have brought in Lambert and Trollopes failure to address the form resulted in the club changing tact and bringing in Warnock. This obviously means they are going to have to go over the original budget for the season with Nei bringing in his staff and players, and getting rid of Trollope and his team.
    I've no doubt if we were anywhere above 16th Trollope would have kept his job as the club were just looking to tread water whilst trying to spend within their means.
    The theat of relegation has obviously made them rethink that strategy.

My fear is that in bringing Warnock we will throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I think the club were sounding out some good ideas at the beginning of the season.
    Who wouldn't want to see us play more Welsh players and develop a free flowing football!

It is however a very difficult thing to do. Wales don't have many players good enough to play at this level and the ones who are currently play higher.

We weren't gonna go out and sign, Bale, Ramsey, Allen etc so it wasn't gonna greatly improve us.

I'd love to get promoted playing like Bournemouth did but that takes

A) an exceptional coach

B) that coach having time and full reign over the transfer policy to bring the players in to suit that style

I think Trollope was a decent coach if not exceptional, but I don't believe he was a good manager and when it came to point B he had neither.

At the moment it's horses for courses. We needed someone in like Warnock to stave off certain relegation in my opinion and it gives the club time to plan which direction to go in the future.

Hopefully they will see that interference in the football side will never work and hopefully having men around with experience like Warnock, Blackwell and Jepson will help them while looking for the next manager when Warnock does call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    My fear is that in bringing Warnock we will throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I think the club were sounding out some good ideas at the beginning of the season.
    Who wouldn't want to see us play more Welsh players and develop a free flowing football!

It is however a very difficult thing to do. Wales don't have many players good enough to play at this level and the ones who are currently play higher.

We weren't gonna go out and sign, Bale, Ramsey, Allen etc so it wasn't gonna greatly improve us.

I'd love to get promoted playing like Bournemouth did but that takes

A) an exceptional coach

B) that coach having time and full reign over the transfer policy to bring the players in to suit that style

I think Trollope was a decent coach if not exceptional, but I don't believe he was a good manager and when it came to point B he had neither.

At the moment it's horses for courses. We needed someone in like Warnock to stave off certain relegation in my opinion and it gives the club time to plan which direction to go in the future.

Hopefully they will see that interference in the football side will never work and hopefully having men around with experience like Warnock, Blackwell and Jepson will help them while looking for the next manager when Warnock does call it a day.
    Don't forget Bournemouth spent a large amount of money on players and operated at a massive loss.

It wasn't just a good manager

Play like Brentford under Warburton then.

Like I said, at the moment it's needs must and as Warnock has already said we'd like to play someone up closer to Lambert but he has to stop the gulf in the middle first.

Warnock is 67 so he probably won't be here too long, I would like us to have a long term strategy too

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Don't forget Bournemouth spent a large amount of money on players and operated at a massive loss.

It wasn't just a good manager
    They didn't spend a large amount on players when you consider what has been spent in this division in the last 5 years. Our wage bill was 32m the year we went up and we spent about 10m on players. I don't think Bournemouth spent anywhere near that. They signed good players from lower and non league like Matt Ritchie and Harry Arter.

Yes they operated at a loss but that's because their turnover was small in comparison to your average sized championship club.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 23-10-16 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Play like Brentford under Warburton then.

Like I said, at the moment it's needs must and as Warnock has already said we'd like to play someone up closer to Lambert but he has to stop the gulf in the middle first.

Warnock is 67 so he probably won't be here too long, I would like us to have a long term strategy too

When Warnock gave his first Cardiff interview he said suggested he would like a role in the club after he finishes as manager - the implication was on the Board and/or as a Director of Football. He has said similar with other clubs he has managed in recent years (I think both Palace and QPR - but circumstances made that impossible). It is something this club has been crying out for, and I hope as the season goes on Warnock and Dalman/Tan agree a future non-managerial role for him, whilst planning for life after Manager Warnock.