+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Top six

Top six

Bet 365 are twitching , November will be a massive month need 6 points and we will be on our way for all those who had a dabble at 40 / 1

Re: Top six

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Bet 365 are twitching , November will be a massive month need 6 points and we will be on our way for all those who had a dabble at 40 / 1
    We've only got three games in November, Newcastle, Villa and third-placed Huddersfield. 6 points might be a bit of an ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    We've only got three games in November, Newcastle, Villa and third-placed Huddersfield. 6 points might be a bit of an ask.
    7 Points minimum, wins against Villa and Huddersfield and a draw against the Toon, no problem for Neil

Turning Fred and Zahore into footballers though might be a bridge too far, he's a miracle worker not a magician

i had dabble kerching

Alright alteady!
    I talked about it all week before Warnock's first game in charge and completely forgot to get the bet on!

Forget top 6, not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think you're right - didn't stop me putting money on it mind...

Had to do something to keep the season interesting

Okey dokey , cash out for Rocco. Cheers soothsayer

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    You forget the manager is now Neil Warnock. 10 points a certainty!

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    You forget the manager is now Neil Warnock. 10 points a certainty!

There will be a few teams now looking at us and thinking twice about the result.I would go to Newcastle park the bus and try and hit them on the break.I got carried away after Bristol and did a bet on us to go up at 66/1.You have to live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    There will be a few teams now looking at us and thinking twice about the result.I would go to Newcastle park the bus and try and hit them on the break.I got carried away after Bristol and did a bet on us to go up at 66/1.You have to live in hope.
    Exactly and hope is what we have at the moment

true, its not as if we haven't done it before have we, except in 1975 when we lost 2-1 away at Aldershot on 22nd oct and were bottom 6 only to storm up the league and get promoted as runners up, so no cant happen

I've long made it a policy of avoiding any form of betting where City are involved on the basis that we've usually got enough problems without me putting the kiss of death on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I've long made it a policy of avoiding any form of betting where City are involved on the basis that we've usually got enough problems without me putting the kiss of death on them.
    Yes I get that and that's my rationale for not putting a bet on (that's what I keep telling myself anyway!)

I'm not a huge betting man, but when someone posted the odds on here just for playoffs I liked the sound of it, bit of fun, coz let's face it most were just happy for survival 2 weeks ago.

Whatever happens, now we have got our Neil on board, I doubt we will be as unhappy as Man U fans

40-1 for a top 6 finish at bet365 on the day Warnock was appointed, and three games later it's 20-1. I wish I had done that bet, especially in view of stating it represented excellent value.

[QUOTE=Organ Morgan.;4687847]40-1 for a top 6 finish at bet365 on the day Warnock was appointed, and three games later it's 20-1. I wish I had done that bet, especially in view of stating it represented excellent value.[/QUO

Missed 40/1 but managed to get 33/1 on the Sunday after the yokels.

It's the hope that kills you!

Keep the faith Rev .cannot wait till May when we are all wildly waving our cash out slips . Funking dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    No chance.

We need more or less automatic promotion form between now and May to get into the playoffs. Warnock might be good but there are too many good sides in this division with more pace and creativity than we have that will cause us problems and beat us.

Let's enjoy building this season and persuading Warnock to take us up as champions next season (ahead of Swampea City who lose in the playoffs).

QUOTE=Rocco Siffredi;4688048]Keep the faith Rev .cannot wait till May when we are all wildly waving our cash out slips . Funking dreams[/QUOTE]

I will indeed sir!