+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josè Mourinho

Josè Mourinho

The Chelsea game could be the beginning of the end for the "special one" Mourinho.
    The manner in which they surrendered to a team which itself hasn't been setting the premiership alight this season has exposed him for what he is. A manager who has believed in his own hype for too long.

Once they went behind in the first minute United were clueless of how to get back in the game.
    Even top players, when things aren't going your way, need guidance from the manager and he doesn't seem to be able to change things for the better.
    There has been a lot of talk on here over the last few months about managers losing the dressing room and you would think he will have to think of something PDQ.

I will wager Rooney won't be shedding any tears and the spin doctors plotting his downfall, again!

Re: Josè Mourinho

And he is doing his usual moaning after the game saying Conte did not show him respect.I hope he fails couldnt happen to a nicer person.He is a complete knob.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    And he is doing his usual moaning after the game saying Conte did not show him respect.I hope he fails couldnt happen to a nicer person.He is a complete knob.
    I just watched that bit on the news. Hahaha, what a fool!
    I thought Conte handled the spat pretty well and looks like he beat Mourinho at his own game and as you say, thoroughly deserving.
    United, owners and board won't like the negative publicity either so my guess he will be in the news all week, the press will lap this up.

Whilst the bloke is a bellend, he's got a fairly decent shout for believing in his own hype. He's done pretty well at every club he's ever been at.

Pogba is average.

For that money you want a Neymar or Bale. They should have waited for a better player and not been so desperate.

Not some run of the mill, lanky athletic midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Whilst the bloke is a bellend, he's got a fairly decent shout for believing in his own hype. He's done pretty well at every club he's ever been at.
    I will give you the Porto years, though the model was already in place from Bobby Robson.
    Ever since then, he has had a substantial pot of gold for players and when at Chelsea, surrounded himself with big bully boys on and off the field and bulldozed his way to the title.
    Did okay in Italy in a poor league and not a fantastic time at Real Madrid with all the financial backing he could wish for but not playing the RM way.

He got well and truly sussed last spell at Chelsea and the writing was on the wall then but United panicked after two dreadful manager appointments.

He needs to go back to basics, from his early years but he is too arrogant for that, too "special".

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Pogba is average.

Turned into a right bitter, moaning, unsporting, uncharitable prick. Despite hating Chelski, I used to like him when he first came over here. Dreadful man, hope he has a long, unfruitful career at Manure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Fair enough, he's a lot better than average.

However he's certainly not in that special bracket that is reserved for the most expensive player in the world.

Compare him with Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar etc and he is very average.

Compare him with other top midfielders that the premier league has seen over the years (Vieira, YaYa, Keane etc.) and he's hardly showing a fraction of what those players did in their prime.

In his defence though its early days, mourinho obviously doesn't know what to do with him and it's not his fault that Utd panicked and paid far too much for him.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I will give you the Porto years, though the model was already in place from Bobby Robson.
    Ever since then, he has had a substantial pot of gold for players and when at Chelsea, surrounded himself with big bully boys on and off the field and bulldozed his way to the title.
    Did okay in Italy in a poor league and not a fantastic time at Real Madrid with all the financial backing he could wish for but not playing the RM way.

He got well and truly sussed last spell at Chelsea and the writing was on the wall then but United panicked after two dreadful manager appointments.

He needs to go back to basics, from his early years but he is too arrogant for that, too "special".
    This.

He goes where the money is.

He's hardly a genius.

Klopp and Pocchetino are doing far better with far less.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

However he's certainly not in that special bracket that is reserved for the most expensive player in the world.

Compare him with other top midfielders that the premier league has seen over the years (Vieira, YaYa, Keane etc.) and he's hardly showing a fraction of what those players did in their prime.

In his defence though its early days, mourinho obviously doesn't know what to do with him and it's not his fault that Utd panicked and paid far too much for him.
    You wouldn't get any of the players you mentioned for the money Man U paid for Pogba though and there is little doubt in my mind he will be in the same bracket as the midfielders you mentioned once settled too

Great to see them struggling mind

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

I don't think any central midfielder will flourish in their current set up. I've no idea why that is but it seems to be the case.

When was the last time they had a central midfielder that could be called world class?.

There is something wrong there. Fellaini starting time and time again

I would have got Ross Barkley for a fraction of the cost of pogba personally. I say fraction, about 40 million probably.

I findhis treatment of mkhitayrian completely baffling. That guy is really a special player. I think he is theirbest player.

I found that funny, especially after a couple of years ago he went to shake Paul Lamberts hand well before the final whistle.

He should have taken a lot more shit than he did for what he said about the ambulance service after the Cech head injury. Playing mind games with Wenger and others is one thing, but he should never have started lying about them. He really got off lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I findhis treatment of mkhitayrian completely baffling. That guy is really a special player. I think he is theirbest player.
    He was their best player in the first game of the season. He was awesome.

Then he hasn't played

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I found that funny, especially after a couple of years ago he went to shake Paul Lamberts hand well before the final whistle.
    Don't forget his knee slide at Old Trafford.

Classic small man, dishes it out then cries when he gets it back.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    He was their best player in the first game of the season. He was awesome.

Then he hasn't played
    Heard some pundits saying that man u need some more creativity and flair in the side, especially when mata isn't there and immediately leap to the conclusion that Rooney should be playing.
    No mention of mkhitayrian at all.

Heard some pundits saying that man u need some more creativity and flair in the side, especially when mata isn't there and immediately leap to the conclusion that Rooney should be playing.
    He's not easy to mention.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this on here before, but here's Mourinho's seven point plan for winning big games;-

1. The game is won by the team which commits fewer errors.
    2. Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.
    3. Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it's better to encourage their mistakes.
    4. Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.
    5. Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.
    6. Whoever has the ball has fear.
    7. Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

Now, there's a place for that type of philosophy if you are up against "bigger" teams with far bigger budgets than you, or if, as City have found themselves this season, you are struggling at the bottom of the table. but, as remarked above, this is a man who is in the habit of being employed by clubs who tend to have the finances to break the world transfer record if they wanted to.

Money is no object in Mourinho's world of management and yet he chooses to be a footballing coward with the version of underdog football set out above - he's at a club now that has supporters who will not accept underdog football and more of the sort of stuff seen at Liverpool will soon have fans turning against him at that club.

I would like to see any of the top managers trying to do a job on a limited budget.They surround themselves with top players and then often say the players are not good enough despite spending huge sums on the squad.Its the part of the premiership I hate.To be honest I prefer the championship.Its more grounded there are too many people in the premier that have no idea what the real world is like.Jose is top of my list of being one of those who needs coming down to earth a bit. I think his bubble has burst to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

He won the league with Chelsea last time he came back. Admittedly he had a poor season then, but in reality that's his only really poor season in X amount of years management. I'm not really sure that's classed as being "found out".

Did you see Mkhitayrian in the Man City game, he was like a parks player. I thought he'd be injured since then?

Mourinho and Man ure are a match made in hell, both horrible

First Team

As much as I don't like his attitude or style of football he is right up there as one of the best managers, currently.
    You simply don't get the jobs he has had without having something about you. He had a superb mentor in Bobby Robson and it's just a shame that he only missed out on the humility aspect of Sir Bobby.
    The only question is if his methods have now been surpassed by the big name managers that share the same and next door city as him. Man Utd are ,for them, in a bit of a mess and yet Man City look hell bent on world domination and Liverpool look like serious contenders under the charismatic Klopp. He is undoubtedly under pressure to deliver and quickly. My guess is that he will get this season on credit and then he has to build a team that can deliver or it's p45 time and a damaged reputation.