+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Episode 1 of Season 7. Watched it this morning after recording it on Fox at 2:30 in the early hours, and won't give any spoilers now as most will watch it at 9:00 tonight. But Jesus H. Christ; the most horrific thing I've seen on tv for a long, long time....

Re: The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Episode 1 of Season 7. Watched it this morning after recording it on Fox at 2:30 in the early hours, and won't give any spoilers now as most will watch it at 9:00 tonight. But Jesus H. Christ; the most horrific thing I've seen on tv for a long, long time....
    I did the same thing. I've been in a bad mood all day (daft I know)
    Nobody else in my office watches it so I've had nobody to share my trauma with.

As you say, let's not give any spoilers away - I look forward to discussing later!

Thought this would be a fred about "RUSS"

No spoilers, but god damn that was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    No spoilers, but god damn that was brutal.
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it bloody did.

I'm in pieces here, honestly

Bloody Hell!!!

was brutal

I know a lot of young kids watch this and that episode could push some of them over the edge. I'm a cynical old man and that even disturbed me. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you know who sticking you know what right up you know's arse.

The worst thing was right at the end. I've never seen anyone do anything like that with a toblerone. Gross.

Apparently Fox uk have cut bits from the US broadcast that was on this morning.
    Some dialogue and some aftermath.

The mass bumming scene was uncalled for. Didn't even fit in with the storyline.

Apparently Fox uk have cut bits from the US broadcast that was on this morning.
    Some dialogue and some aftermath.
    Really ?? I watched the US broadcast and that was brutal

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Really ?? I watched the US broadcast and that was brutal
    Yeah, from what i'm reading on twitter from someone who watched both, its missing a particularly brutal bit.
    The "I'll find you" dialogue and then the close up aftermath.

Yeah, from what i'm reading on twitter from someone who watched both, its missing a particularly brutal bit.
    The "I'll find you" dialogue and then the close up aftermath.
    Didn't fancy watching it twice to check!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Didn't fancy watching it twice to check!
    It was tough viewing, but a bit suprised that the UK version was cut.
    After the watershed and all that.

Looking forward to seeing what the king Ezekiel thing is all about, and as I alluded to earlier, hoping Negan gets what's coming

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what the king Ezekiel thing is all about, and as I alluded to earlier, hoping Negan gets what's coming
    They seem to be following the graphic novel a lot more than they did in earlier days.

Currently watching the Talking Dead.
    Lauren Cohan - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I know a lot of young kids watch this and that episode could push some of them over the edge. I'm a cynical old man and that even disturbed me. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
    agree 100% on this one. The same thing sprung into my mind.

It was tough viewing, but a bit suprised that the UK version was cut.
    After the watershed and all that.
    Surprised at that. How much more brutal could it be? I haven't been that tense in a long time. The Governor got nothing on Negan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Surprised at that. How much more brutal could it be? I haven't been that tense in a long time. The Governor got nothing on Negan.
    The Governor (TV version ) was more restrained than in the graphic novel. Graphic novel, he was psycho from his first appearance, cutting Rick's hand off; pretty brutal and persistent torturing of Michonne over days, including rape.

The TV version was more nuanced though, you saw different sides to him, that he had this "nice" facade.

Negan is just utterly psycho with a moral code of sorts. Difference is Governor still had that link to pre ZA days, wanting a nicey nicey life. Negan just realises s*it has changed forever, knows how to survive now.

Just watched the first episode.

Brutal but compelling.

Glad it's taken a dark turn - who wants to see them planting vegetables and playing happy families?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The Governor (TV version ) was more restrained than in the graphic novel. Graphic novel, he was psycho from his first appearance, cutting Rick's hand off; pretty brutal and persistent torturing of Michonne over days, including rape.

The TV version was more nuanced though, you saw different sides to him, that he had this "nice" facade.

Negan is just utterly psycho with a moral code of sorts. Difference is Governor still had that link to pre ZA days, wanting a nicey nicey life. Negan just realises s*it has changed forever, knows how to survive now.
    Cheers for that. Will have to start getting those graphic comics in the future. Love the TV series though, have watched it from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Cheers for that. Will have to start getting those graphic comics in the future. Love the TV series though, have watched it from the very beginning.
    I'm a big comics fan but couldn't get into The Walking Dead books,probably because i tried reading them after watching the first series. Gave up after reading the first 5 or so books.
    Whereas something like Preacher was different for me as i'd read the books a long time before the TV series.