+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phil Smith analysis...

Phil Smith analysis...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...under-12070920

I don't know whether anyone else has commented on the huge improvement that the new lad has brought to SWE reporting of all this CCFC but I find it very refreshing. His analysis today of changes Warnock has made in a short space of time is something we could never have expected from correspondents.

A few recent games have been televised so I can get to stream them but for others I have to rely on the 'Live' updates which Smith provides - these too are much better than previously. Message is: your work is appreciated, please keep it up!

Re: Phil Smith analysis...

Totally agree, And is excellent on Blakeys Boot room too

A complete, comprehensive report miles better than previous scribblers on there

Yes, I've mentioned it before and this is yet another good article.
    It's not rocket science, but such a massive improvement.

I quite liked Tucker's abrasive and no-nonsense and on times comedic reports. Better for him being a City fan as well.

Smith is young and obviously from a new breed of analytical writer but he sometimes just goes too far. His opinions on Trollop's 5-3-2 system were as obtuse as Trollop's actual working of the system. Chris Wathan is anther of this new breed.

I am from the Karl Woodward, Joe Lovejoy and Peter Jackson era where it was an in depth report of the game and very little subsequent analysis; I worked that out for myself. I don't like this "5 things we learned from........." stuff which is just page filling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I quite liked Tucker's abrasive and no-nonsense and on times comedic reports. Better for him being a City fan as well.

Smith is young and obviously from a new breed of analytical writer but he sometimes just goes too far. His opinions on Trollop's 5-3-2 system were as obtuse as Trollop's actual working of the system. Chris Wathan is anther of this new breed.

I am from the Karl Woodward, Joe Lovejoy and Peter Jackson era where it was an in depth report of the game and very little subsequent analysis; I worked that out for myself. I don't like this "5 things we learned from........." stuff which is just page filling.
    Problem with Tucker was, he tried to be too funny all of the time. Too many of his pieces tried to provoke reaction.

They're told to write the 5 things articles as well, all the Trinity Mirror papers do them.