+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferk off Bake off.

Ferk off Bake off.

Tonight should hopefully see the end of Bake Off hysteria as the show moves to Channel 4 with Slimeball Hollywood.

Thatcher clone Mary Berry and the two unfunniest women on earth remain so I expect BBC will dredge up a new programme.

The wife sits transfixed whilst I get out of the way for an hour to post crap on here.

Re: Ferk off Bake off.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Tonight should hopefully see the end of Bake Off hysteria as the show moves to Channel 4 with Slimeball Hollywood.

Thatcher clone Mary Berry and the two unfunniest women on earth remain so I expect BBC will dredge up a new programme.

The wife sits transfixed whilst I get out of the way for an hour to post crap on here.
    Are you me

Never watched it but having seen brief clips on TV I don't understand the love for Mary Berry

Nice looks my Victoria sandwiches, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Nice looks my Victoria sandwiches, to be fair.
    Yoda speaks in cakespeak methink.

Yoda speaks in cakespeak methink.
    Bake off on tv, flicking between sky go and "this place" on the I pad.

Bake off on tv, flicking between sky go and "this place" on the I pad.

Nice to see the old 'uns multitasking like the yoof.

Blog Entries

Don't knock it, us girls need to learn how to cook so we can look after our husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Don't knock it, us girls need to learn how to cook so we can look after our husbands.
    Well get back into the kitchen then

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Well get back into the kitchen then
    I've just clocked off, kitchen closes at 9

^^
    You are clearly a fan.
    You are well into it!

I've just clocked off, kitchen closes at 9
    Hope he is well fed.:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Hope he is well fed.:
    Asleep in the chair already

**** off baker

Asleep in the chair already
    Still at the table?

Check his pulse, love.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    **** off baker

Still at the table?

Check his pulse, love.
    He's still breathing

Never watched an episode of it. I can't believe that a large proportion of the country sits down to watch someone make a sponge of the sort my mum used to make every Sunday back in the sixties - she used to let me have the left over icing and filling as a treat.

I used to make a mean sponge during the year I had off from work in the 90s - don't know what all the fuss is about.

I've spent the past week reeling from watching two people having their heads crushed flat with a razor wire covered baseball bat, so bake off came as a bit of light relief.
    Yeah, I enjoy it, it's all nonsense of course, but it's harmless family orientated entertainment. A throwback if you will, to happier times when the world seemed that little bit better, where everyone seems t be a bit nicer to each other.
    There is competition, but the competitors all seem to be pulling for each other, the whole thing is done as if it were a village fete and has a unique sense of Britishness about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I've spent the past week reeling from watching two people having their heads crushed flat with a razor wire covered baseball bat, so bake off came as a bit of light relief.
    Yeah, I enjoy it, it's all nonsense of course, but it's harmless family orientated entertainment. A throwback if you will, to happier times when the world seemed that little bit better, where everyone seems t be a bit nicer to each other.
    There is competition, but the competitors all seem to be pulling for each other, the whole thing is done as if it were a village fete and has a unique sense of Britishness about it.
    Which is exactly why few on here enjoy the programme.

Shouldn't you be recovering from a massive dose of Trout?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Shouldn't you be recovering from a massive dose of Trout?
    Dunno if I'm suffering a whoosh here, but huh?

Dunno if I'm suffering a whoosh here, but huh?
    My bad - confused you with another......soz

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never watched an episode of it. I can't believe that a large proportion of the country sits down to watch someone make a sponge of the sort my mum used to make every Sunday back in the sixties - she used to let me have the left over icing and filling as a treat.

I used to make a mean sponge during the year I had off from work in the 90s - don't know what all the fuss is about.
    Compare that to The Apprentice, The Apprentice style politics and The Apprentice inspired work place.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I see what you mean. I can't for the life of me understand why a large proportion of the country sit down to watch match of the day.
    I used to play football when I was a kid and scored some great goals in my back garden
    Don't know what all the fuss is about

I see what you mean. I can't for the life of me understand why a large proportion of the country sit down to watch match of the day.
    I used to play football when I was a kid and scored some great goals in my back garden
    Don't know what all the fuss is about

People play football out their back and pretend they're Bale, Messi, Ronaldo etc. when, in most cases, they know full well they'll never reach such a standard - anyone can cook a decent sponge.