+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferk off Bake off.

Re: Ferk off Bake off.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People play football out their back and pretend they're Bale, Messi, Ronaldo etc. when, in most cases, they know full well they'll never reach such a standard - anyone can cook a decent sponge.
    I wouldn't know where to start, and to be honest I'd be surprised if many city fans could tbh.

There's a bit more to it than making a sponge though tbf, but anyway, like I said, it's harmless, trivial, nonsense. Light entertainment.

I'm sure there's a thread on a baking forum somewhere that can't understand why a bunch of grown men spend a fortune watching other grown men kicking a football about.

Am I the only one who wants to see if TOBW has got a soggy botttom?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to see if TOBW has got a soggy botttom?
    Probably.
    You have some serious issues you need to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Probably.
    You have some serious issues you need to deal with
    Cakist.

Reported.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People play football out their back and pretend they're Bale, Messi, Ronaldo etc. when, in most cases, they know full well they'll never reach such a standard - anyone can cook a decent sponge.
    I think that used to be the case but some youngsters can't even boil themselves an egg these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I think that used to be the case but some youngsters can't even boil themselves an egg these days.
    They can go on the Eggs-Factor.

I've spent the past week reeling from watching two people having their heads crushed flat with a razor wire covered baseball bat, so bake off came as a bit of light relief.
    Yeah, I enjoy it, it's all nonsense of course, but it's harmless family orientated entertainment. A throwback if you will, to happier times when the world seemed that little bit better, where everyone seems t be a bit nicer to each other.
    There is competition, but the competitors all seem to be pulling for each other, the whole thing is done as if it were a village fete and has a unique sense of Britishness about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Which is exactly why few on here enjoy the programme.
    Just for clarification, are you offering an opinion that only a few people on here are 'nice to others' - and presumably, you feel that you are one of them?!

oooo ..k ..

I wouldn't know where to start, and to be honest I'd be surprised if many city fans could tbh.

There's a bit more to it than making a sponge though tbf, but anyway, like I said, it's harmless, trivial, nonsense. Light entertainment.

I'm sure there's a thread on a baking forum somewhere that can't understand why a bunch of grown men spend a fortune watching other grown men kicking a football about.
    You might have added 'cheap to make' (the primary reason why there's so much reality crap like it filling TV schedules). Most people have long since been too idle to cook meals from scratch; that's why there's always streams of fatties wobbling in and out of Greggs' shops and their trolleys are piled so high in Iceland. They will say they are too busy to prepare their own food, but the real reason is they prefer to spend the time staring at the TV or other screens as the microwave takes the strain. Meanwhile, the average IQ keeps declining.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You might have added 'cheap to make' (the primary reason why there's so much reality crap like it filling TV schedules). Most people have long since been too idle to cook meals from scratch; that's why there's always streams of fatties wobbling in and out of Greggs' shops and their trolleys are piled so high in Iceland. They will say they are too busy to prepare their own food, but the real reason is they prefer to spend the time staring at the TV or other screens as the microwave takes the strain. Meanwhile, the average IQ keeps declining.

Never mind all that shite, get your arse over to the politics forum and tell us what happened to this prediction....

"Never mind him for now. Wednesday, October 26th, 2016. Circle it in your diary. A world-changing event cometh.

Post Scriptum, that bet is down to 5-2 from 5-1 last week."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Tonight should hopefully see the end of Bake Off hysteria as the show moves to Channel 4 with Slimeball Hollywood.

Thatcher clone Mary Berry and the two unfunniest women on earth remain so I expect BBC will dredge up a new programme.

The wife sits transfixed whilst I get out of the way for an hour to post crap on here.
    I CANNOT understand why anyone is interested in this programme, let alone the near hysteria that it seems to create. It is completely beyond me.

Just bizarre.

Never mind all that shite, get your arse over to the politics forum and tell us what happened to this prediction....

"Never mind him for now. Wednesday, October 26th, 2016. Circle it in your diary. A world-changing event cometh.

Post Scriptum, that bet is down to 5-2 from 5-1 last week."
    Trublue and I took 5-1 at sportingbet.com on super City to finish in the top half of the Championship at 5-1 before Warnock's first game in charge. With each result the same bet's odds has declined to 3-1, 5-2 and has been 19-10 since the Forest win.

As for what happened yesterday on the geopolitical front, I'm afraid that's classified information that I'm not at liberty to disclose.
    Last edited by Organ Morgan.; 27-10-16 at 13:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I CANNOT understand why anyone is interested in this programme, let alone the near hysteria that it seems to create. It is completely beyond me.

Just bizarre.
    I don't get it either. The only possible reason I can give for it being popular is that it requires no effort or thought - just sit back and take it for what it is maybe?

I've watched it a few times - it just seems to be some old women baking.

It's a bit like going down your nans as a kid - without actually getting to eat the cake at the end.

A better show would be getting a bunch of blokes who've never cooked in their lives to serve up some horrendous underbaked slop for the smug twat and the old woman to eat.

Trublue and I took 5-1 at sportingbet.com on super City to finish in the top half of the Championship at 5-1 before Warnock's first game in charge. With each result the same bet's odds has declined to 3-1, 5-2 and has been 19-10 since the forest win.

As for what happened yesterday on the geopolitical front, I'm afraid that's classified information that I'm not at liberty to disclose.
    So nothing happened then?

As for the bet, I thought that was something else - I thought trublue challenged you to a charity bet but you wouldn't take it?

I'm sure he'll clarify that once he sees this but more importantly why make a bet if the world was supposed to end yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Just for clarification, are you offering an opinion that only a few people on here are 'nice to others' - and presumably, you feel that you are one of them?!

oooo ..k ..
    No, I'm offering the opinion that there are a few that are not at all nice to others.

That's all. No more, no less.

As for the bet, I thought that was something else - I thought trublue challenged you to a charity bet but you wouldn't take it?

I'm sure he'll clarify that once he sees this but more importantly why make a bet if the world was supposed to end yesterday?
    So, just to clarify, we've got a bunch of middle aged blokes, posting on a football message board about how they can't understand why a bunch of other people enjoy a particular non-football related TV show?

Organ bottled the other prediction bet that something will stop the US Elections. I gave him plenty of chance to get involved.

Then he came up with another prediction of yesterday, once again it was nonsense.

I'm hoping his third prediction does a lot better than the other two as I did bet on it, however this was just a bet on City with decent odds.

He's not quite Nostradamus, Gold, Oct 26th, Nov 9th etc..... He gets less right than Solskjaer used too.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

Organ bottled the other prediction bet that something will stop the US Elections. I gave him plenty of chance to get involved.

Then he came up with another prediction of yesterday, once again it was nonsense.

I'm hoping his third prediction does a lot better than the other two as I did bet on it, however this was just a bet on City with decent odds.

He's not quite Nostradamus, Gold, Oct 26th, Nov 9th etc..... He gets less right than Solskjaer used too.
    He been found out, yet again, for sure.

He'll be scuttling off for a few years again shortly.

You used to make fantasy bets with imaginary bookies who gave you wildly advantageous odds. Of course, you could never provide evidence of the wagers because none existed.

^^ Keep being 'nice to others' now.

You used to make fantasy bets with imaginary bookies who gave you wildly advantageous odds. Of course, you could never provide evidence of the wagers because none existed.
    Is this true? Doesn't surprise me.

If you like Morgan, if you like.

Whilst you have made up bullshit which is proven incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Is this true? Doesn't surprise me.
    Vimmy, CASUAL and Morgan all at it. Who'd have thought it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

Thanks for clarifying.

Of course, none of it will matter anyway come October 26th.......

Not true.

I've seen the evidence myself.

He got odds of 5,000,000,000/1 for the world to end on October 26th 2016.

Unfortunately the lousy shithouse who offered the bet refused to honour it so now he's taking him through the small claims court in order to seize his gold bullion.

Candice looked a right tart