+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangladesh v England, 2nd test at Dhaka

Bangladesh v England, 2nd test at Dhaka

Bangladesh win toss and bat.

England hand debut to Zafar Ansari ahead of Gareth Batty and Broad rested so Finn gets a game. Delighted for Zafar and I get leaving Broad out ahead of a mammoth tour of India.

Pitch looks remarkably dry...

Re: Bangladesh v England, 2nd test at Dhaka

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post

England hand debut to Zafar Ansari ahead of Gareth Batty and Broad rested so Finn gets a game. Delighted for Zafar and I get leaving Broad out ahead of a mammoth tour of India.

How is Ballance still in the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    How is Ballance still in the team?
    How long's a piece of string? I'm still surprised as the best option for the top order is to open with Hameed and have Duckett at 4.

Chris Woakes with his first wicket of the day, now 1-1

First Team

Wicket is taking spin.
    England not going to like batting on this track.

Bangladesh starting really well and were 171/1 before two more wickets have fallen to make it 196/3. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a collapse of sorts, always do.

And a fourth, outside off and caught by Cook

I've had a complete lack of interest in it this year. No ashes, maybe that's it. But the New Zealand series last year was really good. Sri Lanka didn't really interest me.

India will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I've had a complete lack of interest in it this year. No ashes, maybe that's it. But the New Zealand series last year was really good. Sri Lanka didn't really interest me.

India will be good.
    The Pakistan series was a great one, pretty poor that this summer was broken into 3 and 4 test series as it definitely deserved a 5th.

India's going to be a real tough one; last time it was Cook/Pietersen/Panesar/Swann that pretty much won it for us, 3 of those lads are now gone. Can't wait for it though, 5 tests is a proper series.

201/5

201-5, another wicket for Moeen - India won't let England off the hook like Bangladesh may well be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    201-5, another wicket for Moeen - India won't let England off the hook like Bangladesh may well be doing.
    Great effort by England though.

Still I agree. I also worry about the batting line up. No idea why Ballance is out there. The young lad from Lancs should have had his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Great effort by England though.

Still I agree. I also worry about the batting line up. No idea why Ballance is out there. The young lad from Lancs should have had his chance.
    They're not going to change anything now with the batting. I can't figure out why Ballance got recalled at all this summer.

Spinners will be the main critique; Moeen plays every time, Root offers a little and then you've two from Rashid/Ansari/Batty

They're not going to change anything now with the batting. I can't figure out why Ballance got recalled at all this summer.

Spinners will be the main critique; Moeen plays every time, Root offers a little and then you've two from Rashid/Ansari/Batty
    The set-up like Ballance they like his attitude and his willingness to fight, the problem is he has technical issues and the opposition know it. The set-up want a battler in the middle order over another shot maker in Buttler or Ducket (hammed opening). They hope to resolve the technical issue within the coaching system at England.

I can see it in theory but with the clear technical problem its not working.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The set-up like Ballance they like his attitude and his willingness to fight, the problem is he has technical issues and the opposition know it. The set-up want a battler in the middle order over another shot maker in Buttler or Ducket (hammed opening). They hope to resolve the technical issue within the coaching system at England.

I can see it in theory but with the clear technical problem its not working.
    Funny thing about it is that Bayliss absolutely loves Buttler and has appeared to try to get him back in there as a batsman.

Top order will have to really turn up, a lot of the summer and the last test was essentially the middle order dragging us out of a hole if Cook/Root did nothing

206-6.

AND ANOTHER!

Funny thing about it is that Bayliss absolutely loves Buttler and has appeared to try to get him back in there as a batsman.

Top order will have to really turn up, a lot of the summer and the last test was essentially the middle order dragging us out of a hole if Cook/Root did nothing
    Buttler has only played one first class game this year, even with his talent it will be hard to make the adjustment to test cricket.

Cant see England getting anything in India, they will prepare turning wickets and they are better in that department than England.

Come on Wales!!!! oh and the Royal sychophantic soft course.....

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Come on Wales!!!! oh and the Royal sychophantic soft course.....

213-8 after another DRS review; Dharmasena had an absolute mare overturning during the first test

213-8 after another DRS review; Dharmasena had an absolute mare overturning during the first test
    171-1 to 220-9

That's an England style collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    171-1 to 220-9

That's an England style collapse.
    Not really, an England collapse is 45-4. This is on a South Africa choke level.

10-1 already, ah

umpire having a shocking series

10-1 already, ah
    This will be lucky to go 3 days never mind 4 the way it's going!

I used to like the winter England tours, especially the West Indies where you could get home from work and sit comfortably with a few tinnies and watch virtually the whole test match.
    I don't have a lot of interest these days in any England tour (with the ashes exception, though even that got tiresome after back to back series) for some reason.
    I'm not sure whether it is the fact that there is just so much cricket being played all the year round in various formats but I'm finding that I don't really care if they win lose or draw.
    I also do believe that neither do the players as long as they are picking up their wedge.

I'm hoping I can get into the India series though as it does have plenty of historical value, they love their cricket and there is a distinct possibility that England might come a cropper (Alex )