+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starbucks coffee review

Starbucks coffee review

Just had my first ever visit to Starbucks, was looking forward to enjoying a lovely coffee after all the hype over the years, ordered a grande americano from the place in Llanishen.

Got it home and it tastes absolutely rank. I don't know if the milk is off or what but it might as well have been onion yoghurt from Morrisons, it's like they've gone out of their way to make it taste like shit.

On the plus side, the lavazza coffee in Llanishen Harvester is lovely stuff and so was the massive juicy rare steak I ate with it.

Thanks for reading my review of Llanishen coffee outlets, next week; Llandaff v Whitchurch villages, who does the best Mega Breakfasts?

Re: Starbucks coffee review

Bring back Hot Birds!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bring back Hot Birds!

Worse than Starbucks, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Just had my first ever visit to Starbucks, was looking forward to enjoying a lovely coffee after all the hype over the years, ordered a grande americano from the place in Llanishen.

Got it home and it tastes absolutely rank. I don't know if the milk is off or what but it might as well have been onion yoghurt from Morrisons, it's like they've gone out of their way to make it taste like shit.

On the plus side, the lavazza coffee in Llanishen Harvester is lovely stuff and so was the massive juicy rare steak I ate with it.

Thanks for reading my review of Llanishen coffee outlets, next week; Llandaff v Whitchurch villages, who does the best Mega Breakfasts?
    And with those few words, there goes your career as a food critic.
    I'd say the stand-up is worth a shot mind.

Llanishen harvester has to be the single most unpleasant restaurant experience I've ever had. And I'm including Asda's cafe in that

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    And with those few words, there goes your career as a food critic.
    I'd say the stand-up is worth a shot mind.

Llanishen harvester has to be the single most unpleasant restaurant experience I've ever had. And I'm including Asda's cafe in that
    That's a shame because I've had plenty of steak in my time as you might have guessed and today was one of the loveliest, thick, juicy, melt-in-the-mouth 8oz fillet steaks I've ever had.

That's a shame because I've had plenty of steak in my time as you might have guessed and today was one of the loveliest, thick, juicy, melt-in-the-mouth 8oz fillet steaks I've ever had.
    I'm prepared to give you another chance if only to see if you can redeem yourself on the mega breakfast category. I'm no stranger to the odd fry up myself, so will await your verdicts with interest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

Worse than Starbucks, surely.
    I'm a mellow bird.

For those of a certain age. Was there anything worse?

camp.jpg

I remember seeing jars of that stuff in the kitchen when I was a kid, but have never tried it.

Just had my first ever visit to Starbucks, was looking forward to enjoying a lovely coffee after all the hype over the years, ordered a grande americano from the place in Llanishen. Got it home and it tastes absolutely rank.
    Just two points - I have just driven from Llanishen to Gabalfa. I am not surprised your coffee was rank. It was prolly also cold. Secondly, what beans were used to make your coffee? To be accepted as a bona fide critic, you must specify important details like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Just two points - I have just driven from Llanishen to Gabalfa. I am not surprised your coffee was rank. It was prolly also cold. Secondly, what beans were used to make your coffee? To be accepted as a bona fide critic, you must specify important details like this.
    Coffee beans.

Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Coffee beans. Happy to help.
    It's exactly this type of cavalier attitude that has led to the dramatic lowering of food and drink standards in the UK. You'd never find the French adopting a 'Je ne sais rien' stance when discussing coffee beans. For the educated and cognisant aficianado (ie not the oafs of the herd who can only stand and mock), awareness of the source of the bean, to the nearest 50 metres, is a critical part of the coffee-tasting/enjoyment experience.

It's exactly this type of cavalier attitude that has led to the dramatic lowering of food and drink standards in the UK. You'd never find the French adopting a 'Je ne sais rien' stance when discussing coffee beans. For the educated and cognisant aficianado (ie not the oafs of the herd who can only stand and mock), awareness of the source of the bean, to the nearest 50 metres, is a critical part of the coffee-tasting/enjoyment experience.
    What a load of old shit.

I bet you're one of those poncey types that pays over the odds for onion yogurt.

Starbucks is rank, only for emergencies.

Really shows the power of advertising, because they can't like it because of the taste.

People love their sweet products, never tried them. Though put in enough sugar and it's bound to be tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    What a load of old shit.

I bet you're one of those poncey types that pays over the odds for onion yogurt.
    Whoosh??

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Whoosh??
    Quite.
    Starbucks don't sell onion yogurt.
    However, they do sell Rocky Roads, which are not sourced from the third world.

My local chippie now displays the sea and the boat where the fish was caught. I've no idea how we're meant to know if it's a good sea and boat for a large cod but as they proudly state it we can only assume it's worth paying extra for.

Went to Starbucks in Llanishen the other week, was absolutely rammed in there. Which is surprising, as when I got my cup of coffee I was disappointed by it. Give me a Costa Coffee any time of day over Starbucks and at least Costa pay their full UK taxes.

TRANSFORM a Starbucks employee into a Stallone impersonator by giving your name as "Adrian" and not responding when called

I had no idea you could get onion yoghurt in Morrissons

You missed out the requirement of knowing which civet the beans passed through as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You missed out the requirement of knowing which civet the beans passed through as well.
    Surely that's a given - as is the latte art which is usually in the shape of an arse - a reminder of the good Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by not telling View Post
    I had no idea you could get onion yoghurt in Morrissons
    Restricted to certain outlets only I gather.

I can't say that Costa is any better, they both taste pretty awful to me. On the basis that I didn't like either of those I've avoided cafe Nero as well.

Another thing that irritated me about Starbucks is their habit of selling exclusive limited edition CD's by well known artistes (Dylan, McCartney and The Who as examples) in the US but not over here.

I have memories of Camp Coffee, though. And weirdly, saw bottles of it for sale a couple of weeks ago in a farm shop I visited.

it's probably because of the memories I have of camp coffee that I didn't buy any.

Camp coffee made me the man I am today.