+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Villa Bench today

The Villa Bench today

Bunn (Gk), Elphick, Cissokho, Tshibola, Agbonlahor, McCormack and Gestede. Safe to say ny of these would get into our first Team.
    Spedger

Re: The Villa Bench today

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Bunn (Gk), Elphick, Cissokho, Tshibola, Agbonlahor, McCormack and Gestede. Safe to say ny of these would get into our first Team.
    Spedger
    When you account for wages and transfer fees it's also (probably) safe to say that bench costs at least as much as our first team.

Instead we should be looking at Brentford on Friday and wondering why we haven't been able to develop or seek players from less high profile leagues to match them.

Great atmosphere. Especially since Birmingham scored. Why did Davis do an Adebayor running the whole pitch to celebrate in front of the villa fans?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    When you account for wages and transfer fees it's also (probably) safe to say that bench costs at least as much as our first team.

Instead we should be looking at Brentford on Friday and wondering why we haven't been able to develop or seek players from less high profile leagues to match them.
    Can't agree with your more mate. Some fine talent outside the high end earners. I guess it's a case of having a 'Talent spotting/finding' set up at the club.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    How much did Villa spend before the start of the season ? 40 million I heard - i would expect them to have a better bench than that
    Well McCormack, Elphick and Cissokho rack up 17million of that between them. I would say a very expensive bench. In terms of quality I would also say a strong bench.
    Spedger

Agbonlahor is on £65k / week, in the 2nd year of a 5 year contract!