+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has anyone switched to BT broadband

Has anyone switched to BT broadband

And taken advantage of their 150 quid gift card?

Just wondering where you can spend it?

Re: Has anyone switched to BT broadband

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    And taken advantage of their 150 quid gift card?

Just wondering where you can spend it?
    i'm with BT already so no experience of the reward card but looking on BT's website they give you a MasterCard preloaded with £150.00 so you can spend it anywhere that takes a credit card basically.

BT is shite

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    BT is shite
    They are not great, but no better or worse than most of the other providers can be.

The majority of the others have to get BT/Openreach involved if you report a physical fault anyway.
    And very large chunk of the infrastructure is still 'BT' - no matter who you choose.

Sometimes it's best to speak directly to the Organ Grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    i'm with BT already so no experience of the reward card but looking on BT's website they give you a MasterCard preloaded with £150.00 so you can spend it anywhere that takes a credit card basically.
    Cheers. Needed to upgrade to fibre optic and was with Sky Broadband so was a no brainier to change to BT and get the 150 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Cheers. Needed to upgrade to fibre optic and was with Sky Broadband so was a no brainier to change to BT and get the 150 quid.
    Did you do it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Did you do it then?
    Yes.

Switch my gas and electric to a cheaper supplier today so all in all I'm 12 a month worse off but I'll be getting fibre optic broadband and BT sports and I'm 90 quid up after I fork out the 60 quid one off cost.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 30-10-16 at 18:42.

BT are bastards. They refused to change my mum and dad's s router last year even though it wasn't working. I spent hours on the phone trying to sort it out.On the final time I saw my mum alive I was writing a complaint letter to them and therefore had less time with mum. I can never forgive them for their behaviour.

I had virgin for one year and it's shocking, beyond awful. I will never go with them again. Sky is okay but in my experience BT is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    They are not great, but no better or worse than most of the other providers can be.

The majority of the others have to get BT/Openreach involved if you report a physical fault anyway.
    And very large chunk of the infrastructure is still 'BT' - no matter who you choose.

THIS^^^^^

I've been with BT for years, fibre is great and have had zero trouble at all. Champions league & premier league for 11 quid is a bonus also.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    I've been with BT for years, fibre is great and have had zero trouble at all. Champions league & premier league for 11 quid is a bonus also.
    HD snob

Played Sky (tv) & BT (Bband & phone) off against one another, managed to get £35/month reduction off Sky & £25/mth off BT, shocking to know the discounts are there but you have to fight for them, saved £720 a year thou' so worth doing.

I've had BT broadband since April and will not be renewing the contract when it runs out after a year. I was with Virgin for years and their broadband wasn't perfect, but it was far quicker and more reliable than BT. I pay a fiver a month to watch BT Sport on my IPad, but their broadband is so bad that it's virtually unwatchable.

I have infinity 2 broadband with BT, unlimited downloads, for £15 a month & mobile phone sim only deal from them for my wife at £8 a month for 500 minutes, 3gb of data & unlimited text.
    Very happy with both but would say that you have to argue with them to get the best deals as I have had to threaten to leave them each renewal time to get a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've had BT broadband since April and will not be renewing the contract when it runs out after a year. I was with Virgin for years and their broadband wasn't perfect, but it was far quicker and more reliable than BT. I pay a fiver a month to watch BT Sport on my IPad, but their broadband is so bad that it's virtually unwatchable.
    I have the opposite experience. Can watch live sport on the iPad, be downloading HD content to sky box and have four laptops all online browsing with no problem, at all. I have beenBT for years and years and wouldn't change.

Did it a month or so back. Card is a MasterCard so I'm sure it can be used anywhere. Haven't spent it yet.

One tip is to sign up to bt through top cash back. Managed to lower my sky fibre bill by switching as well as £160 from top cash back and the card from bt. So pretty much gave me a free year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

Except you can't... you have to speak to their monkeys - all of whom are morons!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    BT are BEYOND SH1T. SOmeone I know recently left Virgin as their router kept on dropping the wireless signal (they should have got someone from Virgin to come and look / replace it) - instead they killed the contract and went with BT instead (I did warn them how bad BT are).

BT - as predicted 100% cocked up everything. The result being they were without any internet for 3 weeks - and even then it was not working as BT said it would - and the response times were even worse. BT still use copper wire to the exchange in lots of places.

They have now given up on BT - and going back to Virgin.

I have virgin , fibre optic, 70mb download, never goes down, never a bandwidth problem, about £30 a month - you never know what youve got until you try the competition
    This. Virgin are by far the best. I wouldn't trust BT to tie their own shoes. Beyond a joke.

So to summarise it seems it's luck of the draw.

I recently left BT to go to Virgin not because I had any problems with them but the virgin package suited (no landline required)

The broadband with virgin (100mbps) is no better or worse than the BT service (76mbps) I can't notice any difference in speed or reliability.

i think all is well with these companies until something goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    BT are BEYOND SH1T. SOmeone I know recently left Virgin as their router kept on dropping the wireless signal (they should have got someone from Virgin to come and look / replace it) - instead they killed the contract and went with BT instead (I did warn them how bad BT are).

BT - as predicted 100% cocked up everything. The result being they were without any internet for 3 weeks - and even then it was not working as BT said it would - and the response times were even worse. BT still use copper wire to the exchange in lots of places.

They have now given up on BT - and going back to Virgin.

I have virgin , fibre optic, 70mb download, never goes down, never a bandwidth problem, about £30 a month - you never know what youve got until you try the competition
    No broadband for three weeks I find that unbelievable

Most say BT are by far the worst for customer service.

With one person I know they continued to charge them even after they had cancelled a previous subscription.

Then they got passed around countless times in multiple phonecalls. Said it was sorted. Then they charged them again a month later.

This happened about 4 months on the trot.

I may be slightly biased as I work for BT but in the IT sector rather than the Openrach side of things, however I'm always honest when people ask me about them. I agree as much as any that the customer service needs a lot of work and may be worse than competitors but I rarely have a good experience with large company's these days.

Also, what has been said above is correct, BT own all the infrastructure and company's like Sky and talk Talk rent the lines from them, so signal to your premises will be no different, the router itself may make some difference but BT's most current hub is the best on the market anyway. My father has Sky at home and he's had endless issues with loss of service due to the hub. I have BT of course and never had a problem but then again I know people back home who have so it's just pot luck really.

Only company that may get you better or worse signal is Virgin as they run on cable but again I've heard just as many good and bad stories about them. So basically mostly depends on where you live for the oprion for you.

As for the gift card, I believe it will be a pre loaded mastercard so can use it anywhere, including online.

I've been on Virgin for about 6 years, had virtually no problems.

I used to work with BT, when I left I found out what people had been complaining about - they were shit, and left me without broadband for FOUR WEEKS while they sorted out the "simple" task of changing my BT-owned BB (I was on call a lot) to my own line.

Unbelievably, they had no procedure to allow me to order my own connection before I actually left.