Blimey.

This seems like a bit much:

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2016...in-the-region/

Re: Police use drones at Midlands derby

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Blimey.

Cue someone chipping in with 'Another game ruined by drones' gag....

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Blimey.

Just means the Police can film a little more of the fans, they will be able to react faster to trouble and be on the scene ( to record ) faster

They're not allowed to fly over the ground itself, but over the surrounding areas. Whilst I'm usually in the "If you're not doing anything wrong...." camp, I'm a little uncomfortable with this to be honest.

There's plenty of surveillance already, so I'd be interested to know what restrictions are to be placed on their use by the OB. As a silly example, will Mrs Steve R in future be able to get an "all over" tan in the privacy of her back garden without fear of South Wales finest hovering overhead taking pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Cue someone chipping in with 'Another game ruined by drones' gag....
    Another joke ruined by itkman

Let's not "drone" on about this one .

Pity London police can't get some drones up to watch the hammers games

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    As a silly example, will Mrs Steve R in future be able to get an "all over" tan in the privacy of her back garden without fear of South Wales finest hovering overhead taking pictures?
    Or even use the loo?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Or even use the loo?
    Don't they have indoor facilities in Barry yet?

Blog Entries

They're not allowed to fly over the ground itself, but over the surrounding areas. Whilst I'm usually in the "If you're not doing anything wrong...." camp, I'm a little uncomfortable with this to be honest.

There's plenty of surveillance already, so I'd be interested to know what restrictions are to be placed on their use by the OB. As a silly example, will Mrs Steve R in future be able to get an "all over" tan in the privacy of her back garden without fear of South Wales finest hovering overhead taking pictures?
    ... and so it begins, people might think I'm overreacting when I have gone on about this in the past but the more we put up with it the worse it will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Or even use the loo?
    My loo is in the house.

Don't they have indoor facilities in Barry yet?
    You mean like working ovens and animal prods?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    ... and so it begins, people might think I'm overreacting when I have gone on about this in the past but the more we put up with it the worse it will get.
    Typical Brits delivering public services way behind schedule...

1984 finally arrives in 2016. Country's a joke FFS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Typical Brits delivering public services way behind schedule...

1984 finally arrives in 2016. Country's a joke FFS
    It was not meant to be a guide book

this is the point

we have CCTV in alot of places, of course we have " black spots " ( racist reported etc etc ) where we have no coverage, so when policing a football game, does it really matter if we have drones flying overhead

On the news in the US this week they were having a interesting debate, Florida state have said that the police can use drones to monitor the freeways for accidents and tailbacks BUT they cannot be used as evidence of crimes

Now may will see this as just the start, but we already have camera's covering most of our ( in the UK ) motorways, is using a drone that much of a step away from this ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    this is the point

we have CCTV in alot of places, of course we have " black spots " ( racist reported etc etc ) where we have no coverage, so when policing a football game, does it really matter if we have drones flying overhead

On the news in the US this week they were having a interesting debate, Florida state have said that the police can use drones to monitor the freeways for accidents and tailbacks BUT they cannot be used as evidence of crimes

Now may will see this as just the start, but we already have camera's covering most of our ( in the UK ) motorways, is using a drone that much of a step away from this ? ? ?
    Yes, I think it is.

Who will be controlling the drones - police or civilian contractors? What safeguards are in place that they will be used for the appropriate purpose?

Yes, I think it is.

Who will be controlling the drones - police or civilian contractors? What safeguards are in place that they will be used for the appropriate purpose?
    couldnt we say the same about cctv ? ? ?

We should all have microchips implanted so that the authorities can identify every one of us, and be able to track our movements every second of every day. Only paranoid lunatics, conspiracy theory nutjobs and those with something to hide will fear the the roll-out of the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    We should all have microchips implanted so that the authorities can identify every one of us, and be able to track our movements every second of every day. Only paranoid lunatics, conspiracy theory nutjobs and those with something to hide will fear the the roll-out of the technology.
    I wish I didn't have to carry money around with me everywhere I go

It would be far better for all of us when cash is abolished. It's so much easier to whip a card out to pay for stuff with electronic money. Crims and terrorists and other nasty pasties will hate it though as every payment they make or receive will leave a trail.

couldnt we say the same about cctv ? ? ?
    To an extent I suppose, but cctv is fixed Ina strategic position for a specific purpose. Drones can go anywhere and without proper guidelines could be used to invade privacy

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Apple pay

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

The police have used helicopters at football matches for years.

Drones are just a cheaper , smaller version of the same thing , that's all.

It would be far better for all of us when cash is abolished. It's so much easier to whip a card out to pay for stuff with electronic money. Crims and terrorists and other nasty pasties will hate it though as every payment they make or receive will leave a trail.
    On a slight note, i might have mentioned it before, Disney a few years back ( 2013 ) started to use " magic bands " on property, these were your room key, park ticket, photopass and you can use it to charge to your room , a year later they opened the " 7 dwarfs mine train " ride, now this ride took your picture ( and a short video of you wizzing past ), nothing amazing in that i hear you say, you are right, BUT you did not have to " mickey to mickey " ( each magic band has a mickey head on it and each terminal also has a mickey head, so these are the points of contact )

so we all knew at some point on the ride, the RIFD in the magic band had tracked you

last week imagine my daughter surprise when stood in the queue for " rock and roller coaster " in Hollywood studio's a poster changed and said " appearing live from the UK is Matt " then the next one to it flashed up her name etc etc, once again the RFID read our bands at a point ( i guess just before the poster ) and flashed up the name and where we are from

On the money side of it, all transactions under $20 you do not have to type your pin into the terminal, just scan your band and away you go

Once evening i noticed a payment for just over $16 on my account from something purchased in epcot, we hadnt even been to epcot that day, so i popped down to concierge the next day, i explained the issue ( i know $16 isnt the end of the world, but its the principle ), they phoned someone and they confirmed we were not in epcot that day ( i guess as we hadnt used our bands to access that park )

We should all have microchips implanted so that the authorities can identify every one of us, and be able to track our movements every second of every day..."
    I'm not up on technology as much as some nerds on here but if you have a smart phone, isn't this already the case with Internet & GPS and by ticking the "I accept" button on any app installed you allow your movements to be logged?

..last week imagine my daughter surprise when stood in the queue for " rock and roller coaster " in Hollywood studio's a poster changed and said " appearing live from the UK is Matt " then the next one to it flashed up her name etc etc, once again the RFID read our bands at a point ( i guess just before the poster ) and flashed up the name and where we are from
    I'm guessing 1984 is your favourite novel?