+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police use drones at Midlands derby

Blog Entries

Re: Police use drones at Midlands derby

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not up on technology as much as some nerds on here but if you have a smart phone, isn't this already the case with Internet & GPS and by ticking the "I accept" button on any app installed you allow your movements to be logged?
    It's not necessarily you using the phone though is it? with a chip they can be sure.

I, for one, welcome our new drone overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    It's not necessarily you using the phone though is it? with a chip they can be sure.
    This is true

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    On a slight note, i might have mentioned it before, Disney a few years back ( 2013 ) started to use " magic bands " on property, these were your room key, park ticket, photopass and you can use it to charge to your room , a year later they opened the " 7 dwarfs mine train " ride, now this ride took your picture ( and a short video of you wizzing past ), nothing amazing in that i hear you say, you are right, BUT you did not have to " mickey to mickey " ( each magic band has a mickey head on it and each terminal also has a mickey head, so these are the points of contact )

so we all knew at some point on the ride, the RIFD in the magic band had tracked you

last week imagine my daughter surprise when stood in the queue for " rock and roller coaster " in Hollywood studio's a poster changed and said " appearing live from the UK is Matt " then the next one to it flashed up her name etc etc, once again the RFID read our bands at a point ( i guess just before the poster ) and flashed up the name and where we are from

On the money side of it, all transactions under $20 you do not have to type your pin into the terminal, just scan your band and away you go

Once evening i noticed a payment for just over $16 on my account from something purchased in epcot, we hadnt even been to epcot that day, so i popped down to concierge the next day, i explained the issue ( i know $16 isnt the end of the world, but its the principle ), they phoned someone and they confirmed we were not in epcot that day ( i guess as we hadnt used our bands to access that park )
    Thinly veiled 'I've been to Disney world but I've never been been to epcot' post.

(In the style of tinie tempah)

Someone will be seriously injured by one of these bloody things very soon.
    Hunks of metal batteries blades cogs and heavy cameras falling on innocent civilians is a certainty.
    Mind you sue the old bill. get awarded millions. the mental British public will stump up the COMPEY from tax paid.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    On a slight note, i might have mentioned it before, Disney a few years back ( 2013 ) started to use " magic bands " on property, these were your room key, park ticket, photopass and you can use it to charge to your room , a year later they opened the " 7 dwarfs mine train " ride, now this ride took your picture ( and a short video of you wizzing past ), nothing amazing in that i hear you say, you are right, BUT you did not have to " mickey to mickey " ( each magic band has a mickey head on it and each terminal also has a mickey head, so these are the points of contact )

so we all knew at some point on the ride, the RIFD in the magic band had tracked you

last week imagine my daughter surprise when stood in the queue for " rock and roller coaster " in Hollywood studio's a poster changed and said " appearing live from the UK is Matt " then the next one to it flashed up her name etc etc, once again the RFID read our bands at a point ( i guess just before the poster ) and flashed up the name and where we are from

On the money side of it, all transactions under $20 you do not have to type your pin into the terminal, just scan your band and away you go

Once evening i noticed a payment for just over $16 on my account from something purchased in epcot, we hadnt even been to epcot that day, so i popped down to concierge the next day, i explained the issue ( i know $16 isnt the end of the world, but its the principle ), they phoned someone and they confirmed we were not in epcot that day ( i guess as we hadnt used our bands to access that park )
    Have you been to Disney? What's it like there, any good?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They're not allowed to fly over the ground itself, but over the surrounding areas. Whilst I'm usually in the "If you're not doing anything wrong...." camp, I'm a little uncomfortable with this to be honest.

There's plenty of surveillance already, so I'd be interested to know what restrictions are to be placed on their use by the OB. As a silly example, will Mrs Steve R in future be able to get an "all over" tan in the privacy of her back garden without fear of South Wales finest hovering overhead taking pictures?
    It's all about interpretation and if they want to find something wrong then they are likely to be able to.