+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tom Heaton

Reserve

Tom Heaton

Looks like Tom will be getting a chance between the sticks for England in their next two games (BBC Rumour Page). Games against Scotland and Spain.

Who would have thought that former Cardiff keepers would be at each end of the pitch for a England/Scotland game.

Well done Tom shame your English

Re: Tom Heaton

We genuinely had 2 of the best goalkeepers outside the premiership (and better than a fair few in the premiership) in the season we had Heaton and Marshall

The save from Gerrard's penalty in LC final was one of the best I have seen.

He was very good when he was with us, but he's got even better since. At 30 years old he is probably near his peak.

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sp...ks_to_England/

Great character too. I loved the way he turned up at Accrington a few years back with his partner to support Cardiff in the cup game. Down to earth, nice guy, no ego and a mean goalkeeper!

All the best Bungle - although I still want England to lose.

Listening to the radio earlier, he 'saved' Burnley from a 6-0 drubbing on Saturday by all accounts.

Great keeper and didn't really get his chance whilst here as we were ironically blessed with another great keeper at the same time, but was never found to complain or cause trouble in the background. Glad he's getting his rewards now.

a brilliant shot stopper

fair play to him, a decent bloke aswell

Very unlucky to be competing with another excellent championship keeper in Marshall at the time.

Needed to move on as he was too good to be sitting on the bench and to be fair hes kicked on and become a better all round keeper than Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Agreed, it was a superb save and should have led to us winning the penalty shoot out !

Absolute top bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Agreed, it was a superb save and should have led to us winning the penalty shoot out !
    He should have had a league cup winners medal no question and was let down by some piss poor penalty takers

I am so pleased Heaton is getting international recognition and I find it refreshing that he was prepared to gamble and move on to test himself.

The irony though is that neither he nor Marshall are in good sides and ship a lot of goals.

Reserve

Have to agree with you all.

I am really pleased for Tom as rightly said a really down to earth guy.

This has also jogged my memory back to the early days of going to NP when we had Ron Healy and Bill Irwin vying for No1 - not the same class but decent keepers of their time

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Bluebird View Post
    Have to agree with you all.

I am really pleased for Tom as rightly said a really down to earth guy.

This has also jogged my memory back to the early days of going to NP when we had Ron Healy and Bill Irwin vying for No1 - not the same class but decent keepers of their time
    I would politely beg to differ , in my opinion of seeing both play , Ron Healy was as good or better keeper than Heaton .

Bit of trivia , Gary Bell tells me that Bill Irwin went onto the USA to play footie , and bagged a Texas millionaires daughter, that's the way to it .

All better than Frank Parsons

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would politely beg to differ , in my opinion of seeing both play , Ron Healy was as good or better keeper than Heaton .

Bit of trivia , Gary Bell tells me that Bill Irwin went onto the USA to play footie , and bagged a Texas millionaires daughter, that's the way to it .

All better than Frank Parsons
    I don't disagree but they are very different keepers, both good for the technical aspect of the game at their time. Don't get me wrong I also saw Ron and Bill between the sticks properly missed represent the standard but the game is now far more technical but the keepers also get a lot more protection.

As for Bill good on him wish I could bag a Millionaires daughter wouldn't even have to look that good
    Last edited by Norfolk Bluebird; 02-11-16 at 11:52. Reason: icon not working

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    I thought Gerrard hit the post in the penalty shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Listening to the radio earlier, he 'saved' Burnley from a 6-0 drubbing on Saturday by all accounts.

Great keeper and didn't really get his chance whilst here as we were ironically blessed with another great keeper at the same time, but was never found to complain or cause trouble in the background. Glad he's getting his rewards now.
    He did that for us against Arsenal in the cup one year too.

Very good keeper and I agree with those noting how blessed we were not so long ago with him and Marshall battling it out to be our number 1.