Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
Think you're on point with much of that.

One thing the Tories do effectively is push their leaders before the public do and therefore save face for the party. I'm too young to remember the Thatcher era with any level of depth so I can't compare with her peak, but I've personally never seen the Tories sow up Westminster so dominantly.

Certainly UKIP was a conservative movement, you only have to visit their wiki page to see that. It might pay for the Tories to have that project stay alive. It seems UKIP can play the "hard truths" card and do the dirty work to save face for the main Conservative party. It Conservative re-brand also paves the way for entrenched Labourites to switch sides with easier self justification. UKIP might be needed as a coalition for for Tories if there is a close election. UKIP can challenge in some left strong holds where the Tories can't.

Labour need to seriously listen to the electorate on the Brexit issues, but I suspect they'll be so divided and too pig headed as a collective to actually adapt to the new climate in time for the next GE.

Lib Dems have disgraced themselves on Brexit in my view. They've always been the pro democracy party in my eyes which is why they've had my vote. To now campaign on a second referendum (which would be wildly unsuccessful and a national embarrassment), shows that they are anti-democratic.
How would holding another vote be anti democratic? Whatever the outcome.