+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Deomocracy at last.

Blog Entries

Re: Deomocracy at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Disastrous? In what way? If you meant mass protests, civil strife and/or a general strike then you're dreaming. People are far too occupied with gawping trance-like at their mobile phones, watching shite on the box or exchanging trivial messages on Facebook. The TPTB know that.
    That's what they want you say people are too occupied but this could be the perfect thing to push people over the edge, with the power of social media and mainstream news it wouldn't take long to gain momentum, we could be on lockdown before you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Let me get this right, "They" whoever they are let us plebs have a vote, we vote out and now "they" decide to go to court to stop us.

I've no doubt that if the MPs vote to leave (as is clearly what the majority wanted) you'll come up with some other nonsense about how it's part of the plan.
    Thanks for the tip but we're not going to be Brexiting

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Remain voters are the only ones with a functioning brain you see.

Even though 99% of people I know voted remain and they haven't the slightest idea of politics or goings on in the world beyond headlines.

Shall we start debating the results of general elections? Because that is the equivalent.
    Were you on holiday during the riots after the Torys won the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Disastrous? In what way? If you meant mass protests, civil strife and/or a general strike then you're dreaming. People are far too occupied with gawping trance-like at their mobile phones, watching shite on the box or exchanging trivial messages on Facebook. The TPTB know that.
    I get the feeling that you're not a Facebook fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I get the feeling that you're not a Facebook fan?
    Perhaps he's another one who failed to get an invite to Mrs R's secret Facebook group?

Another one of your tips? Let's hope it's better than the previous ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Perhaps he's another one who failed to get an invite to Mrs R's secret Facebook group?

You are never going to forget that are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You are never going to forget that are you?
    Oh I will....

Right about the time your other half is allowed to forget about Kenny Miler

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Oh I will....

Right about the time your other half is allowed to forget about Kenny Miler
    That's different though, that was well deserved, I'm still not sure how you expected me to add you to a group when I don't even know who you are? how can I be blamed for that?

Blog Entries

“If Brexit doesn’t go ahead, you are going to get civil uproar. It’s not a word I use lightly, but there is going to be a revolution. There will be a revolution.”
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...6.html#gallery

Just saw that in my news feed, they are selling the idea already

Reading news sources and listening to the radio this morning, you seem to be more or less the only person in the UK who think this will prevent Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This wasn't announced at 10am byany chance was it?

Attachment 1001
    Shares went the opposite way

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Shares went the opposite way
    Yes there's an obvious reason for that.

The underlying value of the companies won't have changed in any significant way, so if the pound is stronger then you need less of them to buy the shares in the company.
    Likewise when the pound plummeted after brexit the ftse100 went up. This wasn't the companies increasing in value, just staying the same value but being valued with a weaker currency.

It'd be like increasing the size of a centimetre by 50% abd then being surprised that things measure less centimetres afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Reading news sources and listening to the radio this morning, you seem to be more or less the only person in the UK who think this will prevent Brexit
    Of course they have to maintain the illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Democracy???

A case brought forward by a fund manager? You mean the financial markets get their own way over democracy.

A case of got enough money and you can get government to do what you want.
    Isn't the point that its now Parliament doing Article 50, not government?

And it seems totally democratic to me. Without this, an unelected Prime Minister could repeal a Bill previously approved by Parliament without getting their subsequent approval.

Brexit will still go ahead, but this means it'll go ahead with the ratification of Parliament. Anyone who supports Brexit should be delighted, I'm pretty sure the only reason any Leave supporters aren't is because they don't understand what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does the average person in the street have any understanding of the major and complex issues involved? And about the benefits and disbenefits involved (especially when we don't know the eventual alternative)?
    This is surely why Parliament is in the best position to decide, not the average person who doesn't have a clue, but then gets worked up because they think their voice isn't being heard. It's almost hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Isn't the point that its now Parliament doing Article 50, not government?

And it seems totally democratic to me. Without this, an unelected Prime Minister could repeal a Bill previously approved by Parliament without getting their subsequent approval.

Brexit will still go ahead, but this means it'll go ahead with the ratification of Parliament. Anyone who supports Brexit should be delighted, I'm pretty sure the only reason any Leave supporters aren't is because they don't understand what has happened.
    I think there are Leave supporters who will now be worried that Parliament will eventually vote and agree on a soft Brexit. There's never been a mandate for full and total withdrawal from Europe and all the initial suffering that will cause; indeed there are Brexiters who would now vote remain now they are more aware of what potentially could happen when we trigger Article 50.

Those on the far right will end up disappointed that they won't be able to stop foreigners but normal working people and those less fortunate won't have to pay such a heavy price.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This is surely why Parliament is in the best position to decide, not the average person who doesn't have a clue, but then gets worked up because they think their voice isn't being heard. It's almost hilarious.
    MP's are whipped, they are more likely to follow the wishes of a party donor than carry out the will of the people

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think there are Leave supporters who will now be worried that Parliament will eventually vote and agree on a soft Brexit. There's never been a mandate for full and total withdrawal from Europe and all the initial suffering that will cause; indeed there are Brexiters who would now vote remain now they are more aware of what potentially could happen when we trigger Article 50.

Those on the far right will end up disappointed that they won't be able to stop foreigners but normal working people and those less fortunate won't have to pay such a heavy price.
    There won't be a soft brexit. The vote was won because of FoM. No FoM means no single market.

Brexit is going to happen.
    This decision yesterday just means that Parliament has the final say which is only right.
    All the silly sods screaming about democracy being denied are again trying to whip up nationalist fervour which sadly seems to be one of the reasons why Brexit passed.
    Hopefully parliamentary procedure will ensure there is a better Brexit then a headlong rush into the unknown.
    I didn't vote for Brexit as there was and to me isn't still any plan.
    The whole thing is a constant pain in he arse as it's going to be all over the papers and news for next few years and I will ask those who voted leave is it really worth it ?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Brexit is going to happen.
    This decision yesterday just means that Parliament has the final say which is only right.
    All the silly sods screaming about democracy being denied are again trying to whip up nationalist fervour which sadly seems to be one of the reasons why Brexit passed.
    Hopefully parliamentary procedure will ensure there is a better Brexit then a headlong rush into the unknown.
    I didn't vote for Brexit as there was and to me isn't still any plan.
    The whole thing is a constant pain in he arse as it's going to be all over the papers and news for next few years and I will ask those who voted leave is it really worth it ?
    Yes. Your logic seems to be that if anything requires any sort of effort and causes any short-term hardship it isn't worth it. Just as well you weren't running the show in 1939.

When I see a small mainly Jewish group pushing a political goal I always assume it has something to do with Israel. Why does Israel want us to remain in the EU ? Because having an Israel friendly country like the UK in the EU helps towards that goal.

It can't be denied that this is a mainly Jewish led coup. The guy who started it is the man behind Zoopla.

http://order-order.com/2016/07/04/zo...-legal-action/

The large and influential legal firm that masterminded the case is mainly Jewish. The Jewish population of the UK is probably less than 1% yet if you look at who is employed at Mishcon de Reya you see a preponderance of Jewish names in positions of influence and a lot of husbands and wives. So much for equal opportunity. But at least they seem to have one black man and some Asians. How much of that is tokenism I don't know, but I do know that when you get to the bottom of this coup you will find it is all about Israel.

All this is a godsend to anti-Semites who think Jews have an undue influence in relation to their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    When I see a small mainly Jewish group pushing a political goal I always assume it has something to do with Israel. Why does Israel want us to remain in the EU ? Because having an Israel friendly country like the UK in the EU helps towards that goal.

It can't be denied that this is a mainly Jewish led coup. The guy who started it is the man behind Zoopla.

The large and influential legal firm that masterminded the case is mainly Jewish. The Jewish population of the UK is probably less than 1% yet if you look at who is employed at Mishcon de Reya you see a preponderance of Jewish names in positions of influence and a lot of husbands and wives. So much for equal opportunity. But at least they seem to have one black man and some Asians. How much of that is tokenism I don't know, but I do know that when you get to the bottom of this coup you will find it is all about Israel.

All this is a godsend to anti-Semites who think Jews have an undue influence in relation to their numbers.
    Surprise ****ing surprise.

Not everything is coordinated by Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Yes. Your logic seems to be that if anything requires any sort of effort and causes any short-term hardship it isn't worth it. Just as well you weren't running the show in 1939.
    Ah yes the old traitor for for giving into Europe line espoused by the Daily Heil and UKIP.

Not that it's relevant but as you question my character with a veiled cowardice line I spent 12 years In a dangerous occupation for the benefit of my local community but thanks for the snipe.

My point is what was the plan to leave? What's the point in risking economic security without a definite idea of what to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post

If that post doesn't make sense then it is because I left out the fact that one of Israel's goals is to be in the EU. If the UK was still a member then that task would be easier.