+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politicians in the UK and the law

Politicians in the UK and the law

C@nts.
    Serve notice now tell the Europeans we are leaving today and sort the WE DONT ACCEPT we LOST idiots out at our leisure over the next two years.

Re: Politicians in the UK and the law

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    C@nts.
    Serve notice now tell the Europeans we are leaving today and sort the WE DONT ACCEPT we LOST idiots out at our leisure over the next two years.
    Come again?

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Come again?
    He's not accepting that they lost.

C@nts.
    Are you not accepting the jurisdiction and sovereignty of the British Legal system?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Are you not accepting the jurisdiction and sovereignty of the British Legal system?
    Is 52/48 an acceptable majority though - it wasn't going to be for Farage if it had been a 52/48 remain vote.

Anyway, it's hardly as if the decision announced today overturns the Brexit vote.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is 52/48 an acceptable majority though - it wasn't going to be for Farage if it had been a 52/48 remain vote.

Anyway, it's hardly as if the decision announced today overturns the Brexit vote.
    I agree.

As I said in the politics forum, only 30% of the voting population actually voted for Brexit.

We are now in a situation where Brexiters are crying foul because the British court has ruled that democratically elected British MP's should get a vote.
    In a bizarre twist, they may end up appealing to the European Court that they despise so much to overturn the ruling.

Nobody really wants to leave so this is like a do-over.

Democracy and rule of law working together in perfect harmony, side by side on my piano keyboard oh lord why don't we just switch off our television sets and go out and do something less boring instead?

Hit the reset button....

Ready player one?

I agree.

As I said in the politics forum, only 30% of the voting population actually voted for Brexit.

We are now in a situation where Brexiters are crying foul because the British court has ruled that democratically elected British MP's should get a vote.
    In a bizarre twist, they may end up appealing to the European Court that they despise so much to overturn the ruling.
    More than voted for the Tory government.

C@nts.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

I agree.

However, the irony of this ruling could mean that if the "remains" have some form of parliamentary majority, Brexit decisions could be delayed time and time again and make the UK look completely stupid.

You simply cannot expect the PM to inform parliament of the expectations of the UK in negotiations before we even start.
    It is like showing a hand of cards to all the players and then starting to bet.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    More than voted for the Tory government.
    That'll be the Tory government who initiated the referendum.....

Would be interesting to know what would've happened if Labour had got in

That'll be the Tory government who initiated the referendum.....

Would be interesting to know what would've happened if Labour had got in
    With Corbyn, it would have been triggered immediately. He said that on the day. He's since backtracked, as his party is 70% in favour of remaining.

So much paranoia today. As a leave voter this does not faze me at all, Brexit is going to happen, I happen to think today is a good thing as it will lead to more scrutiny. However there is no doubt in my mind the whoppers who made this happen today want to stop Brexit happening, thankfully the majority of MPs are on the side of the majority of the electorate and will vote for triggering article 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    With Corbyn, it would have been triggered immediately. He said that on the day. He's since backtracked, as his party is 70% in favour of remaining.
    But would there have been a referendum in the first place?

But would there have been a referendum in the first place?
    No there wouldn't have been it was a conservative manifesto promise, there was no talk of a referendum on the labour manifesto.

Corbyn wouldn't have been in charge of the Labour party either.

I agree.

Please, please let this happen.

Boris Johnson last night at the Rosewood Hotel: "In the words of our great Prime Minister, Brexit means Brexit and we are going to make a Titanic - Titanic! - success of it"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37858143

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    However, the irony of this ruling could mean that if the "remains" have some form of parliamentary majority, Brexit decisions could be delayed time and time again and make the UK look completely stupid.

You simply cannot expect the PM to inform parliament of the expectations of the UK in negotiations before we even start.

Don't we already know the negotiating position of the government?

It is 'we want our cake and eat it too' - just what the Brexiteers promised the great British public.

However, it might be beyond the capabilities of May and her three Brexit stooges to convince parliament of that magical outcome, let alone the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post

Could?

C@nts.
    Do you know exactly what you voted for yet? Hard-Brexit? Soft-Brexit? The Norway situation? The Switzerland situation?
    A Canada model? WTO? Or, with Christmas approaching, the Turkey option?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    So much paranoia today. As a leave voter this does not faze me at all, Brexit is going to happen, I happen to think today is a good thing as it will lead to more scrutiny. However there is no doubt in my mind the whoppers who made this happen today want to stop Brexit happening, thankfully the majority of MPs are on the side of the majority of the electorate and will vote for triggering article 50.
    I agree with the first part of your post. Yes Brexit will happen and it's a good thing that there will be proper scrutiny. The majority of MPs voted to remain in the EU though. It is now up to May and her lot to cut out the rhetoric and put together a plan/strategy for the tough negotiations that lie ahead. If they successfully manage that then invocation of Article 50 will receive Parliamentary approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I agree with the first part of your post. Yes Brexit will happen and it's a good thing that there will be proper scrutiny. The majority of MPs voted to remain in the EU though. It is now up to May and her lot to cut out the rhetoric and put together a plan/strategy for the tough negotiations that lie ahead. If they successfully manage that then invocation of Article 50 will receive Parliamentary approval.
    Before the vote the overwhelming majority of MPs backed a remain vote. After the Brexit vote the majority of MPs now agree that Brexit must happen as it is the will of the people.

Ms Miller Nooooo. She will not let us go!

I agree.

And more than double the percentage that voted for the Welsh Devolution we are saddled with

Quote Originally Posted by Grandstand Boy View Post
    And more than double the percentage that voted for the Welsh Devolution we are saddled with
    welsh devo was backed by 25% of people. in what world is 30% more than double 25%?