+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most neutral news source?

Blue in the Face

Most neutral news source?

The US election, Brexit etc is really hammering home for me how virtually every news source and media outlet are politically entrenched and partisan. There always seems to be an agenda.

Are there any bi-partisan, unbiased and most importantly, trustworthy sources of news out there?

Re: Most neutral news source?

uprootedpalestinians.com

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    uprootedpalestinians.com
    I'm a big fan of cutting humour

Given that India is the largest, most powerful non-aligned state, with strong ties to both Russia and the US, why not try the Hindustan Times? Unless you're a Pakistani, of course.

http://www.hindustantimes.com

The media is part of a system of governance and it's duty is to keep the other elements of that system in check, just like the justice department is supposed to punish any wrongdoing. The trouble is that if these various groups get a bit too cosy together, things will not work how they are supposed to. It is well known that Murdock was a regular visitor to the back entrance of Downing Street, and the Clinton emails have exposed how the press and the politicians work together.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 03-11-16 at 21:01.

I stopped reading BBC and ITV news after what I perceived was a massively pro EU agenda during the referendum campaign. I've been using Reuters since but have found them to be just as bad. I think the best you can hope for if you want an impartial view is to pick two sources that you expect to offer opposing views an try and work it out for yourself.

Blog Entries

uprootedpalestinians.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm a big fan of cutting humour
    Not a fan of clearing out your inbox are you.

BBC 2 are talking about conspiracies atm, now that is funny

The media is part of a system of governance and it's duty is to keep the other elements of that system in check, just like the justice department is supposed to punish any wrongdoing. The trouble is that if these various groups get a bit too cosy together, things will not work how they are supposed to. It is well known that Murdock was a regular visitor to the back entrance of Downing Street, and the Clinton emails have exposed how the press and the politicians work together.
    It's so much easier to be dogmatic and swallow the propoganda from any extreme.

uprootedpalestinians.com

A mate I work with says he never bothers with the news, says he used to watch it about 5 years ago, but just gave up as it was always seemed bad news (and he's not even met Gluey and Organ either).

Reckons it's not effected his life to any degree. Who's got it right Jack Dee's depressed brothers on here who spend their spare time scared of shadows and building bunkers or my mate who goes out and enjoys himself on the weekends?
    Last edited by TruBlue; 03-11-16 at 21:53.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    A mate I work with says he never bothers with the news, says he used to watch it about 5 years ago, but just gave up as it was always seemed bad news (and he's not even met Gluey and Organ either).

Reckons it's not effected his life to any degree. Who's got it right Jack Dee's depressed brothers on here who spend their spare time scared of shadows and building bunkers or my mate who goes out and enjoys himself on the weekends?
    I'm with your mate as I never bother with the news either

I'm with your mate as I never bother with the news either
    Make believe is more your thing isn't it.

I would say you have to look no further than under your nose CCMB has some of the most balanced newsworthy debates on earth , neutral in views , no sacaram, never see extreme rants , no obvious political bent , enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would say you have to look no further than under your nose CCMB has some of the most balanced newsworthy debates on earth , neutral in views , no sacaram, never see extreme rants , no obvious political bent , enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    At least the truth is on here somewhere, unlike with the MSM who often forget to mention it!

uprootedpalestinians.com

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Given that India is the largest, most powerful non-aligned state, with strong ties to both Russia and the US, why not try the Hindustan Times? Unless you're a Pakistani, of course.

http://www.hindustantimes.com
    Not that related but I watched Indian television media in India.

They must have the attention span of a goldfish with all the flashing lights, news reels, Breaking News flashing lights flying everywhere.

India beat Pakisatn in cricket. They had a video repeating of Indian military tipping tables over going mental The news reporters was running around with people setting fireworks off left right and centre.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Not that related but I watched Indian television media in India.

They must have the attention span of a goldfish with all the flashing lights, news reels, Breaking News flashing lights flying everywhere.

India beat Pakisatn in cricket. They had a video repeating of Indian military tipping tables over going mental The news reporters was running around with people setting fireworks off left right and centre.
    I would love to go to India, Pakistan and Bangladesh too. Probably too dangerous to visit the latter two at the minute. I love different native cultures, especially within the UK. Even though differences are threatened by the homogenisation engendered by globalisation I have faith that people will cling on to their cultural identities despite the pressures to conform and consume.

Reading the Hindustan times does give one a slightly different perspective. Not many people appreciate the extent to which syndication has undermined the editorial freedoms of western broadcast and print media.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I would love to go to India, Pakistan and Bangladesh too. Probably too dangerous to visit the latter two at the minute. I love different native cultures, especially within the UK. Even though differences are threatened by the homogenisation engendered by globalisation I have faith that people will cling on to their cultural identities despite the pressures to conform and consume.

Reading the Hindustan times does give one a slightly different perspective. Not many people appreciate the extent to which syndication has undermined the editorial freedoms of western broadcast and print media.
    I'd recommend going to india once. I don't think the welsh are made for it though. The heat was unbearable at times. And they eat chicken pink Breakfast is awful, but then the rest is awesome. I had the best meal I've ever had out there in Agra in a place called Peshawri.

I doubt you'd see trouble as they're all spirtual aren't they. But I wouldnt walk around the cities without a guide, no chance.

I didnt dare do it but driving could be an idea. My father drove to the taj mahal and the city you need to drive through is one of the biggest dumps you'll see. Monkeys jumping all over the car

I had no idea the Taj is islamic. And people were queuing for hours to pray there.

At least the truth is on here somewhere, unlike with the MSM who often forget to mention it!
    If it wasn't for the contributions on this board I would be lost in an oasis of nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    [uprootedpalestinians.com

[/B]One could plant a story there.

James Murdoch was sneaked into the back entrance of downing Street a couple of days after Theresa may came to power - presumably so she could meet her new boss.

This section from Ken Clarke's autobiography is also very illuminating...
    IMG_20161104_144003.jpg

She clearly had a few strings she could pull in the Tory party to push whichever ill thought out policy idea she shat out.

A small number of media barons hold a huge influence over public opinion, and much of it is to our detriment.
    However it is difficult to see how you would curtail that power without unleashing a dangerous lack of scrutiny of the legislature

Had an interesting chat with someone in Norway about their Media's response to Anders Breivik.
    Apparently the guy is always trying to make statements about things, but all if their media have agreed not to print anything the guy says so as not to give him any publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    The US election, Brexit etc is really hammering home for me how virtually every news source and media outlet are politically entrenched and partisan. There always seems to be an agenda.

Are there any bi-partisan, unbiased and most importantly, trustworthy sources of news out there?
    Not really, they all have an agenda. I read the New Statesman (centre-left) and The Spectator (centre-right) for a bit of political balance. And I like RT and Aljazeera for alternative viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

The Daily Sport.