+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock looking ahead to Janaury window

Warnock looking ahead to Janaury window

Players may need to go to allow the boss to get the right players in.

Report from BBC Sport

Neil Warnock says he is ready to sell players to bring in his own signings in the January transfer window.

Warnock signed four free agents in his first week as Bluebirds boss after replacing Paul Trollope.

However, he is still looking for further additions and admits he may have to sell to bring in his own players.

C:WindowsTempphpC14A.tmp

"We may have to probably let go someone we may not want to, if it means getting the right player in," he said.

Warnock says the transfer window will be vital as he plots Cardiff's route away from the Championship relegation zone.

Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Wigan leaves Cardiff a point out of the bottom three ahead of a daunting trip to Newcastle.

"It's not the international break I'm looking forward to, it's January if I'm honest," he told BBC Wales Sport.

"I've learned a lot in the last few weeks, and we have to change certain things and probably one or two players as well.

"We haven't got an awful lot of natural goal scorers so we have to work harder for the goals, and we have to try and solve those problems in January.

"We have got to be out and about in these next few weeks, looking at international games and all the staff will be looking at players at different levels."

Sell to buy

Warnock is aware of the need to balance the books.

"January is a difficult time to buy but needs must at times," he said.

"You don't really want to be buying in January if you can help it. Clubs don't want their best players to go so they want more money than you want to pay.

The former Crystal Palace boss has already discussed targets with the club's owners.

"I've got a great relationship with them; I speak regularly to Mehmet [Dalman] and Ken [Choo] and Vincent [Tan] is in touch with all of them.

"They seem to be on board with what I'm saying and it's up to me to try and generate the income to get the players in I want to improve the squad as soon as possible."

Re: Warnock looking ahead to Janaury window

I guess he would be reasonably happy with the defence - perhaps a right back.
    Defensive midfielders we seem ok on and probably wingers too.
    I guess we are possibly looking for a striker or someone who can play in a very attacking midfield role to create some magic?
    Adel Taraabt anyone?

[QUOTE=Rjk;4691107
    Adel Taraabt anyone? [/QUOTE]

Taraabt was good in his time - but I think he is probably too old to play an effective part today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Taraabt was good in his time - but I think he is probably too old to play an effective part today.
    He's 27

He was outstanding at the age of 21 for QPR. Possibly the best player I've seen at this level.
    Since then he's been utter garbage though and has managed to piss off every club he's been at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    He's 27
    Stone?

Time to get velikonja and Saadi back?

Stone?
    Paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Paper?
    Rock

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Rock
    Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Hudson
    Would Huddersfield sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Would Huddersfield sell?
    Watt?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Rock
    Scissors Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Hudson
    Hudson? In the words of the great JP McEnroe "You cannot be serious man"

No but really, good leader (Sol seems to be doing just fine so why rock the boat) and the Queen Mary turned faster than Huds and he's 5 years older.
    Nah, couple of strikers and creative midfielder before central defender

We are going to steal berbatov from under the jacks noses! oh no sorry, I forgot, ole isn't our manager anymore.

Matt's already tendered to clean it.

Wouldnt mind being a fly on the wall when the transfer committee meet.... Hilarious!!