+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's happening to this forum?

Re: What's happening to this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I noticed the same thing. Perhaps we are all talked out and there is nothing left to say. There used to be a wider range of topics on here. The politics forum was a good addition but even that has slowed down now that Splott David has been banned. Some of the best posters have gone quiet. Caliburn's nostalgia pieces were probably some of the best on any football messageboard and posts from Victor!!! and The Lone Gunman were like a stone chucked at a wasp's nest.
    You miss Splott D?
    VICTOR!!!

Any forum is only as good as the posters.
    We've lost some good ones and gained some bellends.

Adverts make it barely usable at times.

It used to make me laugh out loud at times

Right now it just isnt either a fun or nice place to be, even as I type this I'm trying to choose my words carefully so as not to cause a row.

The dark side relies upon nothing other than multi accounts, using clickbait headlines to post information that has nothing to do with Cardiff whatsoever. Any articles from websites are ripped and posted without proper accreditation - indeed, posts from here are lifted word for word.

Anyone championing that side clearly mistakes quantity for quality big time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The dark side relies upon nothing other than multi accounts, using clickbait headlines to post information that has nothing to do with Cardiff whatsoever. Any articles from websites are ripped and posted without proper accreditation - indeed, posts from here are lifted word for word.

Anyone championing that side clearly mistakes quantity for quality big time.
    Stop plagiarising me :) I said this earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Stop plagiarising me :)

;)

At the risk of dragging this thread back on topic, I would just say that I feel that forums (or is it fora?) are becoming less popular generally.

I live outside the UK and in the past year or so there has been a noticeable drop-off in topics and posts to the sites that are relevant to the lives of UK ex-pats. Similar questions have been asked there about this decline in popularity, with no real conclusions drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    At the risk of dragging this thread back on topic, I would just say that I feel that forums (or is it fora?) are becoming less popular generally.

I live outside the UK and in the past year or so there has been a noticeable drop-off in topics and posts to the sites that are relevant to the lives of UK ex-pats. Similar questions have been asked there about this decline in popularity, with no real conclusions drawn.

In all seriousness who really gives a flying f--k what is happening on the Dark Side?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    I can tell you the answer to that. The ONLY reason you think that the dark place is a busy forum is either because you are under 18 or you are so naive that you think that AA has eclipsed this board. The truth is he and ankles and that nukes idiot post about 95% of the threads and these same guys under their multiple a/c provide the answers as well. He is a typical bully who is also a narcissist and completely without any guts at all.
    As soon as you suss him you get banned.
    dont sit on the fence, tell us what you really think of the place

There's just been a 35 minute period since a post was submitted at this forum. Between 19:52 and 20:27 from when Mrs Steve R replied in the Introducing One's Self thread to Blue Matt's reply in this one. I'd guess most members are at home at this time on a Sunday using non mobile devices that have ad blockers installed. Perhaps there's just a general disinterest in CCFC at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I'll tell you what I think.

Over and over, there are threads on here about how the ads spoil this site and how posters are not using it because of them. Sometimes advice is given by well-meaning folk (who can't sort their own IT probs - but that's something else entirely )

So why, oh why, have the mods not organised a Sticky which tells us exactly what action/programs will combat the ads for each device/browser. I understand that the ads are what keep the site running, but there soon will be a ghost site if the spiral continues. And Mike does give advice about ads now and then.

So A Definitive Guide To Combating Ads as a Sticky, mush.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's just been a 35 minute period since a post was submitted at this forum. Between 19:52 and 20:27 from when Mrs Steve R replied in the Introducing One's Self thread ....
    ....and what a ball-buster that was, dear!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I couldnt possibly do that matt ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Over and over, there are threads on here about how the ads spoil this site and how posters are not using it because of them. Sometimes advice is given by well-meaning folk (who can't sort their own IT probs - but that's something else entirely )

So why, oh why, have the mods not organised a Sticky which tells us exactly what action/programs will combat the ads for each device/browser. I understand that the ads are what keep the site running, but there soon will be a ghost site if the spiral continues. And Mike does give advice about ads now and then.

A few ads would be a pleasure compared to this nightmare, on the plus side I'm learning loads more about computers, I refuse to be beaten by a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    A few ads would be a pleasure compared to this nightmare, on the plus side I'm learning loads more about computers, I refuse to be beaten by a machine.
    Best leave that to your nearest-and-dearest, then

Blog Entries

Best leave that to your nearest-and-dearest, then

The advice/discussion is posted here almost daily.

Perhap folks can't get in to read the advice and suggestions.

A sticky would be good. I can see why that might not easily materialise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    The advice/discussion is posted here almost daily.

Perhap folks can't get in to read the advice and suggestions.

A sticky would be good. I can see why that might not easily materialise.
    Sadly, those of us with older iPads are buggered as current Adblock apps only work on newer machines

You want Mike to promote anti business for the the people who actually pay for this website?

Either the users pay or the sponsors do, but we can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    You want Mike to promote anti business for the the people who actually pay for this website?

I don't mind the occasional advert, what I do object to is clicking on "main forum" and being redirected to some other obscure website.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=179166

This is the kind of thread you can expect on there.

600 views no replies.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...p?f=2&t=179166

This is the kind of thread you can expect on there.

600 views no replies.
    Just realised he has over wait for it, 78,000 + posts

Havnt looked to see how many ankles has made. Seems like he doesnt post anymore since the coach is no more.
    Last edited by Mad as a fish; 06-11-16 at 22:16.

At 4pm today the matchday thread at another Cardiff City forum had received 103 replies and attracted 5,786 views. The matchday thread here had received 33 replies and attracted 853 views.
    It's mentioned elsewhere in the thread, viewing habits have changed, and unless you're willing to download third party stuff to keep the ads away this site has become impossible to view on a mobile device, i can only view this site now when on a pc/laptop, lounging about in bed with a phone and tablet (and mine being of the apple variety) its a non starter.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

We have had scores of threads advising how to block ads - we already have it both ways....

There's just been a 35 minute period since a post was submitted at this forum. Between 19:52 and 20:27 from when Mrs Steve R replied in the Introducing One's Self thread to Blue Matt's reply in this one. I'd guess most members are at home at this time on a Sunday using non mobile devices that have ad blockers installed. Perhaps there's just a general disinterest in CCFC at the moment.
    X factor and strictly results.

Gluey's busy.