+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He's Captain of Wales!!

Feedback

Re: He's Captain of Wales!!

even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just reminded why I stopped going to Welsh games , if you can't support the team as a whole and set aside club /nationality why go?? even for the glory bits , what would have happened if he had headed in the Euro winner ,very sad .

Thankfully not everyone in Wales has the same views .
    Jeez!
    I don't agree with English players playing for Wales, because they aren't good enough for England, that's all.

How does that impact on how I support the rest of the team?

Obviously people in Wales don't all have the same views, some actually voted for Brexit, and we have UKIP members in the Welsh assembly FFS! Hardly surprising that some don't care about Englishmen representing our country!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Jeez!
    I don't agree with English players playing for Wales, because they aren't good enough for England, that's all.

How does that impact on how I support the rest of the team?

Obviously people in Wales don't all have the same views, some actually voted for Brexit, and we have UKIP members in the Welsh assembly FFS! Hardly surprising that some don't care about Englishmen representing our country!
    I still think there is a lot of bitterness out there though depending on which clubs or birth country they are from in the Welsh crowds, everything is masked or tempered somewhat when the team is doing well , I remember some of the awful stuff written /spat out at games about the manager and Williams and Taylor of Swansea , not your good self , but others .

Heard and been involved in a few instances with blinkered Welsh fans booing Ledley and the like ,years back .

Ironically a lot of Welsh players have never kicked a ball in anger for a Welsh club , and lived and played elsewhere , which is fine, but in my view not much difference to English born players picking or playing in Wales if they have the correct parentage .

I would live to see a system that applied a restriction on players leaving Wales or being picked off by money ,say from under 21 perhaps , not allowed to leave Wales early on in their career , with the Welsh FA bolstering club academies at every Welsh club , would that not raise the standards of our own clubs and provide a better Welsh platform and coaching development ??

Just a thought lol

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I still think there is a lot of bitterness out there though depending on which clubs or birth country they are from in the Welsh crowds, everything is masked or tempered somewhat when the team is doing well , I remember some of the awful stuff written /spat out at games about the manager and Williams and Taylor of Swansea , not your good self , but others .

Heard and been involved in a few instances with blinkered Welsh fans booing Ledley and the like ,years back .

Ironically a lot of Welsh players have never kicked a ball in anger for a Welsh club , and lived and played elsewhere , which is fine, but in my view not much difference to English born players picking or playing in Wales if they have the correct parentage .

I would live to see a system that applied a restriction on players leaving Wales or being picked off by money ,say from under 21 perhaps , not allowed to leave Wales early on in their career , with the Welsh FA bolstering club academies at every Welsh club , would that not raise the standards of our own clubs and provide a better Welsh platform and coaching development ??

Just a thought lol
    I guess you'll always get club rivalry, I can't see all Man United fans supporting John Terry, and any Chelsea fans singing for Wayne Rooney at England games.

You're correct about success masking a few things, especially where Coleman and Williams are concerned.

Some good ideas regarding our young players, unfortunarptely money talks these days, and youngsters are always going to be attracted to the 'bigger' clubs.

Well, he has English parents, 3 English grand parents,and was born in England, so I'm going to take a guess and say he's English?
    I don't see it that way. And it isn't always as straight forward as you suggest.

Nationality is a farce at times. The way people talk about it. Segregating people due to the pot luck of who conceived them and where it happened.

During primary school a number of english kids joined. With completely english blood lines.

I still know them and they all see themselves as welsh. Thick welsh accents.

They'll go on to have kids. And I imagine they will be those pedigree welshmen you desire.

We are all a mishmash of different nationalities now. If anyone wants to play for wales they should commended rather than abused.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I don't see it that way. And it isn't always as straight forward as you suggest.

Nationality is a farce at times. The way people talk about it. Segregating people due to the pot luck of who conceived them and where it happened.

During primary school a number of english kids joined. With completely english blood lines.

I still know them and they all see themselves as welsh. Thick welsh accents.

They'll go on to have kids. And I imagine they will be those pedigree welshmen you desire.

We are all a mishmash of different nationalities now. If anyone wants to play for wales they should commended rather than abused.
    Hard to see how you can scrap nationalities, and still have international football.

My point is not what anyone's nationality is, (some of my own family are only half Welsh),I just disagree with people playing for Wales as a second choice, (because their own country don't want them), and stopping Welsh players playing.

Hard to see how you can scrap nationalities, and still have international football.

My point is not what anyone's nationality is, (some of my own family are only half Welsh),I just disagree with people playing for Wales as a second choice, (because their own country don't want them), and stopping Welsh players playing.
    Well you've kept that quiet.

What are your views on Ethan Ampadu, Ben Woodburn and Tyler Roberts?

Arguably three of Britain's hottest prospects, all born in England, playing for Wales Youth teams

To be fair, one or two of them have Welsh parents, although they're not very good, and if they were good, they would play for England probably.

If you want to pick English left overs to represent Wales, instead of Welsh born players, well, frankly, that's very sad.
    Well I had a great summer watching Wales at the Euros and that was only made possible by having a large anglo contingent. The team that beat Belgium that great night in Lille - five were English born including our captain and all three goalscorers. It's not about where your born its how you carry yourself in a Welsh shirt and all our Anglo players show full passion and desire to win. James Collins is Welsh born and used to pull out of squads when we wasn't starting, Welsh born Giggs couldn't give a **** either.

But yeah, lets fill the team full of North Walian hillbillys, barely able to string a coherent sentence together and who can trace their family tree back to Owain Glyndwr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Well I had a great summer watching Wales at the Euros and that was only made possible by having a large anglo contingent. The team that beat Belgium that great night in Lille - five were English born including our captain and all three goalscorers. It's not about where your born its how you carry yourself in a Welsh shirt and all our Anglo players show full passion and desire to win. James Collins is Welsh born and used to pull out of squads when we wasn't starting, Welsh born Giggs couldn't give a **** either.

But yeah, lets fill the team full of North Walian hillbillys, barely able to string a coherent sentence together and who can trace their family tree back to Owain Glyndwr.
    Yep and by including English born players has increased the opportunities of our Welsh born players who have just enjoyed a major finals. All countries do this. We are no different. Ashley Williams has been a model captain. He always turns up for friendlies and always gives 100%. He says his children are Welsh. That's good enough for me and most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep and by including English born players has increased the opportunities of our Welsh born players who have just enjoyed a major finals. All countries do this. We are no different. Ashley Williams has been a model captain. He always turns up for friendlies and always gives 100%. He says his children are Welsh. That's good enough for me and most of us.
    Well said ,he has been a great servant , dedicated player , wish he played for us ,we don't deserve his loyalty and effort some times,is the dislike of the man deeper than we think ?? .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What are your views on Ethan Ampadu, Ben Woodburn and Tyler Roberts?

Arguably three of Britain's hottest prospects, all born in England, playing for Wales Youth teams
    we need to give woodburn a cap asap.

I'm sure it's time to let it go now! he captained us to a major cup semi final and has shown more commitment to Wales than your precious Collins

And the end of the day, if you're happy with an Englishman captaining Wales because he can't play for England, that's your choice.
    I'm just giving my point of view, I don't like it, I don't like what he did.
    Like I said, I just wish more players had some morals, like Turner and Shawcross, that's all.
    We have have plenty of excellent Welsh players in the team, and we are lucky to have the Worlds most expensive player in our ranks. Bale also has an English grand parent, thankfully though, he doesn't "feel" English, or we would be fcuked!
    Last edited by G rangetown Blue; 07-11-16 at 22:29.

And the end of the day, if you're happy with an Englishman captaining Wales because he can't play for England, that's your choice.
    Like I said, I just wish more players had some morals, like Turner and Shawcross, that's all.
    We have have plenty of excellent Welsh players in the team, and we are luck to have the Worlds most expensive player in our ranks. Bale also has an English grand parent, thankfully though, he doesn't "feel" English, or we would be fcuked!
    How the feck is this a "moral" issue.

How the feck is this a "moral" issue.
    Turner and Shawcross turned down the chance to play for Wales, (they have the same qualification as Williams), because they are English, and felt it wasn't right to deny Welsh players caps for their country. I admire that.

Turner and Shawcross turned down the chance to play for Wales, (they have the same qualification as Williams), because they are English, and felt it wasn't right to deny Welsh players caps for their country. I admire that.
    I admire that too, I fully understand and support their decision.

I also admire Ashley Williams fully committing himself to Wales, rising up from non league to becoming one of the standout CBs in the top division over the past five years. I admire the way he carries himself on the pitch as captain of Wales and how he always gives 100%, speaks well and drove us to our first major tournament in 58 years. Perhaps what I admire most is that he has done this despite opposition from parochial, backward, moronic shithouses such as yourself, who can't see past the nation he was born in.

I admire that too, I fully understand and support their decision.

I also admire Ashley Williams fully committing himself to Wales, rising up from non league to becoming one of the standout CBs in the top division over the past five years. I admire the way he carries himself on the pitch as captain of Wales and how he always gives 100%, speaks well and drove us to our first major tournament in 58 years. Perhaps what I admire most is that he has done this despite opposition from parochial, backward, moronic shithouses such as yourself, who can't see past the nation he was born in.
    Ooh, you're a feisty one!

You missed out patriotic and proud in your educated assessment of me, but I forgive you!

Stand out centre back? Pah ha....don't get me started, he's slow, he can't tackle, and is shit in that air.....Watch Saturdays MOTD if you don't believe me :))
    Maybe it's his blocking and arm waving you admire most?

Drove us to our 1st major tournament? You don't think that had a bit more to do with Bale, Ramsey, Davies, Allen and Hennessey??

Stick to being a keyboard warrior, ya mug.

You missed out patriotic and proud in your educated assessment of me, but I forgive you!

Stand out centre back? Pah ha....don't get me started, he's slow, he can't tackle, and is shit in that air.....Watch Saturdays MOTD if you don't believe me :))

Drove us to our 1st major tournament? You don't think that had a bit more to do with Bale, Ramsey, Davies, Allen and Hennessey??

Hennessy?

We have have plenty of excellent Welsh players in the team, and we are lucky to have the Worlds most expensive player in our ranks. Bale also has an English grand parent, thankfully though, he doesn't "feel" English, or we would be fcuked!
    Pogba's Welsh??

Hardly patriotic, you hate the captain of your national football team. I am beginning to think there are racial connotations to your hatred of him, you probably can't comprehend a black Welshman, pity.

I think he's been a top CB but he has slowed down a lot recently, can't be too bad as he commanded a large transfer this summer but agree he has lost it a little. In the years previous to this he has been a superb player for the Jacks, he's won an awful lot of plaudits. He helped drive us to our first tournament, along with all those players listed. The captain is an integral part of the squad. You will be very much in the minority among Welsh fans when it comes to this parochial view.

I hope you start spouting this nosnense in Grangetown, wouldn't be long before one of the locals sorted you out you racist ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Pogba's Welsh??
    What's a couple of quid between "mates" eh?

Hardly patriotic, you hate the captain of your national football team. I am beginning to think there are racial connotations to your hatred of him, you probably can't comprehend a black Welshman, pity.

I think he's been a top CB but he has slowed down a lot recently, can't be too bad as he commanded a large transfer this summer but agree he has lost it a little. In the years previous to this he has been a superb player for the Jacks, he's won an awful lot of plaudits. He helped drive us to our first tournament, along with all those players listed. The captain is an integral part of the squad. You will be very much in the minority among Welsh fans when it comes to this parochial view.

I hope you start spouting this nosnense in Grangetown, wouldn't be long before one of the locals sorted you out you racist ****.
    I had Earnshaw on my city shirt once...... Hope this helps?
    And you called me an idiot! ;)