Re: Arriva Trains Wales

Get a bus next time

Oh dear. What have they done this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    **** off.

Just **** off forever.
    By far the most useless bunch of fvckwits imaginable.

I share your pain.

AKA Arriva Trains Fails

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    By far the most useless bunch of fvckwits imaginable.

I share your pain.
    As a user of arriva trains last night, they are not as good as useless.

The company who likes to treat it's customers as potential criminals, beware on big match days their hired mafia are out in force.

Dear old Arriva Trains Wales in trouble again? I can't believe that on Saturdays on the Milford to Manchester route (not exactly a 30 minute trip up the Valleys) there are still usually only two coaches (don't know about weekdays) so it's like a cattle truck, especially this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    **** off.

Just **** off forever.
    Arriva Trains Wales would like to apologise to customers who'd wished we would **** off. ****ing off has been delayed due to operational difficulties. Please check information boards for details of when we will actually **** off.

My advice is t0 sack the trains off use national express for long distance journeys which is great value for money. Uber for shorter distances. May cost more but you are not surrounded by scum and these services are 100% more reliable.

the franchise must be up soon and the welsh government will decide on who gets it next.

Renationalise please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    My advice is t0 sack the trains off use national express for long distance journeys which is great value for money. Uber for shorter distances. May cost more but you are not surrounded by scum and these services are 100% more reliable.
    I travelled with them recently to London. From Sophia Gardens to Victoria Coach Station. The cost? Five quid. I don't know how they make a profit but I'll definitely use again.

I notice they are closing Queen St early again next Saturday. I thought they were going to stop that and encourage valley lines passengers to go from there instead of Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the franchise must be up soon and the welsh government will decide on who gets it next.

Renationalise please.
    http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-1...ail-franchise/

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    AKA Arriva Trains Fails
    AKA Arriva Pain Snails

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    AKA Arriva Pain Snails
    AKA Arriva Twats Wales

All these bids will mean that the foreign-owned railways will be making profit out of Welsh services whilst the Welsh public sector is not even being allowed to bid - that is a ludicrous situation that we should be uniting to fight.
    – Mick Cash, leader RMT union

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    All these bids will mean that the foreign-owned railways will be making profit out of Welsh services whilst the Welsh public sector is not even being allowed to bid - that is a ludicrous situation that we should be uniting to fight.
    – Mick Cash, leader RMT union
    It gets better.

Wag currently pays arriva trains Wales £170m a year to make a complete pigs breakfast of our train service.

Arriva Trains Wales is a subsidiary of the German nationalised rail service.

You really couldn't make it up

There's plenty of paper talk about the new franchise delivering the Metro, but I can't help but think that rather than a modern, fully integrated transport system for South Wales with electrified light rail and trams, it's just going to end up being a few extra stations and some more buses. In about ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    There's plenty of paper talk about the new franchise delivering the Metro, but I can't help but think that rather than a modern, fully integrated transport system for South Wales with electrified light rail and trams, it's just going to end up being a few extra stations and some more buses. In about ten years.
    I share your concerns, I saw a video of what they were planning on doing with the South Wales rail system and it was largely what we already have made to look better by fancy graphics and imagery. Let's be honest the rail structure within the city is terrible, not sure what can be done about it but those that made the decision of where to put the stations within the city limits did a pretty bad job of it, many parts of the city are nowhere near a local station taking them to the city centre.

Whole thing needs shaking up.

Back when I lived in Cadoxton, I would regularly get the train into town.
    Half the time the station was not staffed.
    I would see nobody on the train to buy a ticket.

Duh. Invest. In people. Make money. Buy a tad more rolling stock, and employ a few more people.

Back in September there was about 40 of us from our caravan park in Manorbier who got on the train at Manorbier station to go into Tenby to watch Ironman, Wales. The station was unmanned, there was no option to buy a ticket on the train and no option to buy a ticket at Tenby station. It was exactly the same going back in the evening.
    God knows how much money they lost out on that day because both carriages where rammed going and coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Renationalise please.
    They'd be controlling 'Wales and the borders'. Can't see WG controlling thbut borders being popular there, but it would be great here. They also need to demand electrified rail, else pay for it themselves. I can't believe that we still don't have it. The national infrastructure in Wales is a disgrace. Of course, this isn't all the WG's fault, but they could go ahead and try and fix it now. They've had 20 years

When Arriva were awarded the franchise they were told there would be 0% growth in the 15 year term of the franchise.
    Hence no investment in new/more rolling stock.
    Growth must have doubled in that time and who ever came up with the forecast of 0% growth should be made to travel on any rush hour service to and from Treherbert every day for the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    When Arriva were awarded the franchise they were told there would be 0% growth in the 15 year term of the franchise.
    Hence no investment in new/more rolling stock.
    Growth must have doubled in that time and who ever came up with the forecast of 0% growth should be made to travel on any rush hour service to and from Treherbert every day for the next year.
    That would have been someone in the strategic rail authority, who were based in Westminster.
    They probably had never heard of treherbet.