+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planet earth 2

Re: Planet earth 2

Those Chinstrap Penguins something else. Respect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Those Chinstrap Penguins something else. Respect.
    The quicker that volcano erupts the better 1.5 million Penguins must be hitting the shit out of the fish population.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    The circle of life can be pretty grim at times.
    And it moves us all......

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    And it moves us all......
    I can honestly say that is one of the best bits of TV I have ever seen, the photography is sublime. The dragons fighting was fantastic, but the racing snakes trumped them, it was like a scene from a horror movie. Can't wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I can honestly say that is one of the best bits of TV I have ever seen, the photography is sublime. The dragons fighting was fantastic, but the racing snakes trumped them, it was like a scene from a horror movie. Can't wait for the next one.
    I just imagined the elder iguanas at the side of the sea muttering to themselves "the horror" as they stared out into the distance.

It is a terrifying life animals lead.

How did the baby one know to stay still to avoid detection from the snakes?. To know to sprint away as soon as they see them?.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I just imagined the elder iguanas at the side of the sea muttering to themselves "the horror" as they stared out into the distance.

It is a terrifying life animals lead.

How did the baby one know to stay still to avoid detection from the snakes?. To know to sprint away as soon as they see them?.
    I wondered the same. All these lizards know from the moment they're born is to run from a deadly predator.

Nature is clever enough to imbue them with the instinct to freeze or run but at the same time that instinct is borne of fear so for many of them, their whole, short lives is filled with fear, panic and pain.

Thanks a bunch, nature.

I hope they do an episode on insects.
    Did you know that the noisiest insect of all is the Trumpet beetle of Papua New Guinea. Mating pairs make a noise often compared to a washing machine in its ‘spin’ cycle. An endangered species, the few remaining examples are protected by strict conservation laws. Residents living near the insects’ breeding grounds can claim government grants enabling their homes to be fitted with secondary double glazing.

Just watched that baby iguana somehow escape all those snakes. Incredible stuff. Television at its best.

Poor Snakes.
    Gotta eat too, eh?

..the c*nts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Just watched it on catch up and got the series link too. Really enjoy wildlife programmes ad documentaries in general. Attenborough is the best narrator ever. The Racer snake one was quite scary. Hate to think what was going through the Iguana's mind as they were running for the rocks. Reminded me of trying to find our coach at Wembley in 1979 England v Wales. All the cockneys appearing from everywhere asking you for the time.
    Spedger

Watched this last night on catch up.

I'm not normally a fan of wildlife programmes but I really enjoyed this.

Left the room when the snake bit was on as I can't stand the sneaky slimy slithering bastards but my missus said it was spectacular.

Looking forward to the next one now - nice to have something tidy to watch on telly for once.

Loved the programme but my favourite bit is always the last ten minutes when they do the behind the scenes, how we shot this bit.

Spending a week sailing down to Antarctica and lugging boxes up and down a cliff in a blizzard...amazing. And we're probably seeing the end of this style of human camerawork, as it will be done by drone in future.