+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Decent bar food in Canton

Decent bar food in Canton

Looking for somewhere to have some decent grub before the Wales game Saturday along Cowbridge road or walking distance to CCS but will also have the rugby on. Any suggestions?

Re: Decent bar food in Canton

Is there any eaterie in this area that scores over 2 after the food hygiene survey?

Fish & Chips from the "CODFATHER" and eat 'um in the CANTON PUB.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Looking for somewhere to have some decent grub before the Wales game Saturday along Cowbridge road or walking distance to CCS but will also have the rugby on. Any suggestions?
    http://chaistreet.com

I would either go to the Plum Tree (used to be the Goscombe), Chapter or The Lansdowne.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I would either go to the Plum Tree (used to be the Goscombe), Chapter or The Lansdowne.
    Any idea if the Plum Tree or Chapter will have the rugby on? I'm assuming landsowne will and Chai Street won't?

In the absence of decent bar food a BIG Breakfast in Fryer Tucks (I think it's called) opposite side of Cowbridge road east from the Napier, should set you up for the day

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Any idea if the Plum Tree or Chapter will have the rugby on? I'm assuming landsowne will and Chai Street won't?
    I would have thought so.

I would have thought so.
    Chapter is a great egg free zone there are no tellies in there.

Chapter is a great egg free zone there are no tellies in there.
    I could have sworn I watched Wales football in there a few years ago. Mind you it was during a German beer festival so my recollection is somewhat hazy.

I could have sworn I watched Wales football in there a few years ago. Mind you it was during a German beer festival so my recollection is somewhat hazy.
    I went there a couple of times last season when the egg world cup was on and there was nothing on, plus 10% discount when you show your Ccfc season ticket.

Plum tree is half decent , the best though,all home cooked fresh , if you can book a table dead on 6pm when it opens, is the Italian Way , you can take your own bottle in , usually buy nice red from Home Bargain next door for 4 bucks , save a bomb

157 Cowbridge Rd E, Cardiff CF11 9AH, Phone:029 2039 6980

I went there a couple of times last season when the egg world cup was on and there was nothing on, plus 10% discount when you show your Ccfc season ticket.
    ^^^^^^^^^^

This ! Bliss ! Usually rammed before Wales Football games though.