+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scotland stamps its feet

Scotland stamps its feet

Re: Scotland stamps its feet

She doesn't seem to get it.

They had a referendum. Scotland voted to stay as part of the uk.

They had another referendum. The uk voted to leave the eu.

Doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Maybe if they get another referendum and win the UK should refuse to accept the result.?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

I agree, and she's only got little feet.

More likely it's a stitch-up, cos if you cast your mind back, the first thing May did as PM was to go and visit Nicola Sturgeon!

If Scotland ever vote for indy she better hope that every Scottish council voters for it otherwise she may have a taste of her own medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I agree, and she's only got little feet.

More likely it's a stitch-up, cos if you cast your mind back, the first thing May did as PM was to go and visit Nicola Sturgeon!
    Probably for a bit of girl on girl action.

Now try getting that image out of your head.

Do you actually think that they shouldn't have a say because of this? Really? I ask because it's a common point, and I'm trying to understand it.

It seems the case is 'they voted no to independence therefore we can still force them to do something they don't want to do'. Dangerous attitude

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Do you actually think that they shouldn't have a say because of this? Really? I ask because it's a common point, and I'm trying to understand it.

It seems the case is 'they voted no to independence therefore we can still force them to do something they don't want to do'. Dangerous attitude

I'd be interested to see how Scotland would now vote on independence in view of Brexit, personally I think the Krankie woman would be left in limbo.

Especially since by 'we', they mean England.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Especially since by 'we', they mean England.
    No, by "we" people mean the rest of the UK.

I have a lot of sympathy with Scotland as I do with London and Northern Ireland, if Wales had voted to leave but the rest of the country voted remain i'd be aggrieved too. However we voted as the United Kingdom on this issue and the devolved institutions must accept the result.

London, Belfast and Edinburgh, you lost this argument, move on.

If there was enough independence referendum, I'd imagine Scotland would vote for independent

She doesnt seem to understand that they are out of european union whether they are part of the UK or not.

Its not a vote to stay in europe, we had the one. Its either out of europe and part of the UK, or out of europe and the UK. There is not in EU option available.

Either "apparently" ****ed out of europe and in the UK, or Truly fu ked out of both.

They're not being forced to do anything.

They're part of the uk.

The uk has voted to leave the eu.

It's that simple.

Otherwise, where do you draw the line? Should we break the Euro vote down into regions? If the people of Cornwall voted to stay in should they be made a special case?

It's no different to a general election. The people of wales didn't vote for the Tories but Cameron (and now May) still govern us as we're part of the uk. I' m not happy about that but unless we become independent then that's how it is.

Scotland voted to stay as part of the UK. She's doesn't accept this vote.

The UK voted to leave the EU. She doesn't accept this vote.

The US votes for Trump. Apparently, it wasn't the result she wanted but we have to accept it.

I've no idea what her thought process is.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Scotland voted to stay as part of the UK. She's doesn't accept this vote.

The UK voted to leave the EU. She doesn't accept this vote.

The US votes for Trump. Apparently, it wasn't the result she wanted but we have to accept it.

I've no idea what her thought process is.
    She's a woman.

She's always right.

Even when she's wrong.

They're part of the uk.

It's that simple.

Otherwise, where do you draw the line? Should we break the Euro vote down into regions? If the people of Cornwall voted to stay in should they be made a special case?

It's no different to a general election. The people of wales didn't vote for the Tories but Cameron (and now May) still govern us as we're part of the uk. I' m not happy about that but unless we become independent then that's how it is.
    Scotland voted to stay in the Eu. They're being forced out of it by England (and Wales).
    I'd draw the line at countries of the UK, but would be sympathetic to any regions that wanted to stay. Generally countries is far enough though.

Why are people surprised that she is making political capital out of this situation? Does anyone really expect her to say: yeah go on TM, Brexit is your show. All the parties are (quite rightly) trying to turn Brexit to their advantage only they are not doing it as effectively as the lovely Nicola, who is, as usual, playing a blinder.

Up the Scots!

At least the Scots are on their feet and stamping.

The Welsh are on their knees and licking the UKIP arses.

They're part of the uk.

It's that simple.

Scotland has had an independence vote and Cornwall wouldn't be allowed one. Scotland has its own national assembly and Cornwall doesn't have something that has the same powers etc. The analogy doesn't stand up.
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 09-11-16 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    No, by "we" people mean the rest of the UK.

I have a lot of sympathy with Scotland as I do with London and Northern Ireland, if Wales had voted to leave but the rest of the country voted remain i'd be aggrieved too. However we voted as the United Kingdom on this issue and the devolved institutions must accept the result.

London, Belfast and Edinburgh, you lost this argument, move on.
    I'm afraid england and wales are not the equal partners you imagine them to be.

I think there is a good case for a second independence referendum.

On this issue we stand with England, the people have spoken in both countries and London, Belfast and Edinburgh were on the wrong side of the result.

I do agree with you RE second referendum but instead of trying to overturn Brexit (something we voted for as the UK) she needs to pick a date and have it. But she'd rather make threats, constantly bleat about the injustice of the result and make unrealistic demands of the UK government. She is trying to overturn something that the Welsh people voted for, that is not in the best interests of the people of Wales.

They said a second referendum was in order if there was a change in circumstances, I believe Brexit is a significant enough change to warrant indyref2, let's see how big Krankies bollocks are.

Why? They had their vote, they remained in the UK.

If they had a vote and they decided to leave the UK do you think it would be fair then that the people who wanted to remain would be allowed another vote?

The people of Scotland knew that remaining in the UK would mean their vote on the EU would be influenced outside of Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    On this issue we stand with England, the people have spoken in both countries and London, Belfast and Edinburgh were on the wrong side of the result.
    So was Cardiff ironically, any chance we can get a referendum vote as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Why? They had their vote, they remained in the UK.

If they had a vote and they decided to leave the UK do you think it would be fair then that the people who wanted to remain would be allowed another vote?

The people of Scotland knew that remaining in the UK would mean their vote on the EU would be influenced outside of Scotland.
    they wouldn't be the majority. In the brexit case, the majority is getting told you don't matter. Not a good precedent to set.

Like blue Wales said, Scotland is trying to get a good deal out of this. Wales is sitting in the corner twiddling it's thumbs. It's shameful