+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Life.

Life.

How many on here, have ever re evaluated their life, and changed it? Be it after a health scare, a death of a family member or friend, a religious reason, just fed up of the direction it was taking, or for any other reason?
    Open up to me brothers and sisters. Let it flow from the heart!

Re: Life.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How many on here, have ever re evaluated their life, and changed it? Be it after a health scare, a death of a family member or friend, a religious reason, just fed up of the direction it was taking, or for any other reason?
    A bunch of people on here took a sudden interest in DIY to occupy their Saturdays a couple of years back. They still used to post regularly though but they've been strangely quiet since Warnock took over.

You might have to get us started.

**** off Baker!

Smokey bacon for me

It takes a lot to change someones behaviour especially if they middle aged. I know people who have had heart attacks who carry on eating too much. I know people who have overcome cancer and who carry on smoking. These are intelligent people and I am sure they don't want to die early. I think some people would be happier if their freedom to eat and smoke at will was taken away from them. Children are happy enough eating only what their parents allow them to eat so I don't think it would be too onerous for an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    It takes a lot to change someones behaviour especially if they middle aged. I know people who have had heart attacks who carry on eating too much. I know people who have overcome cancer and who carry on smoking. These are intelligent people and I am sure they don't want to die early. I think some people would be happier if their freedom to eat and smoke at will was taken away from them. Children are happy enough eating only what their parents allow them to eat so I don't think it would be too onerous for an adult.
    I don't agree with curbing people's' freedoms.

That said, if somebody wanted to introduce Tobacco/Cigarettes to the market, out of the blue - today, it would surely never get off the ground.
    Same would go for many poor quality foodstuffs.

The awkward/tough-love answer is to stop selling them (would have to be a fairly Global cessation).
    Ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Giving up smoking was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I would love to have woken up one day and found that there simply was .. none. Anywhere. Ever.
    Would have made it easier if there was no choice but cold turkey and no temptations waiting at the 24hr Garage .

I guess the closest I've come is a career change. A few years back I was in a well paid job that I'd come to hate. I decided that at my time of life happiness and more time with my family were more important so changed career completely and took a far less well paid job, which is more meaningful and makes me happy.

Around about the same time, I realised that the only opinions of me that mattered were those of people who matter to me.

^^ I did same.
    Wife did too, after (fully recovering from) a major health incident, very possibly exacerbated by previous stress-laden job.

Life became less worrisome and more enjoyable.

Discovering a balance between doing a job you enjoy, making enough money to survive, look after your family and set time aside to relax and enjoy yourself, is a bigger juggling act than anything you'll see at a circus.
    I have re- evaluated my life on several occasions, and I'm now in the process of mapping out a decent path, for the autumn yrs, if I'm lucky enough to experience them.