Thread: US Election Results

Blog Entries

Re: US Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Here I am.
    I believe you. here you go..

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Most of us don't introduce ourselves by having a grope and sticking our tongues down a woman's throat. Call me old-fashioned....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Most of us don't introduce ourselves by having a grope and sticking our tongues down a woman's throat. Call me old-fashioned....
    What if it was a smear by the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What if it was a smear by the media?
    Why would he apologise if it was a smear by the media?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He apologised for the banter. He said he was going to take court action about all the other stuff. Sorry if you missed it.

He apologised for the banter. He said he was going to take court action about all the other stuff. Sorry if you missed it.
    Which other stuff? Because it looks to me like TBG is only referencing the 'grab em by the pussy' and 'I just start kissing them' comments.

Which other stuff? Because it looks to me like TBG is only referencing the 'grab em by the pussy' and 'I just start kissing them' comments.
    He said it was locker room talk and he never did it, and that he respects women. He then correctly apologised for his locker room talk. Have I missed something?

It looks to me like TBG is only referencing the 'grab em by the pussy' and 'I just start kissing them' comments.
    I could have sworn the Clintons wheeled out an army of women who were making claims against Trump, but I could have just been imagining it.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 10-11-16 at 09:49.

He said it was locker room talk and he never did it, and that he respects women. He then correctly apologised for his locker room talk. Have I missed something?
    By the looks of it, you have. They reported his comments verbatim and he apologised for the comments. How can that be part of a smear campaign? We know nothing was made up because we all heard the tape.

I could have sworn the Clintons wheeled out an army of women who were making claims against Trump, but I could have just been imagining it.
    Of everyone on CCMB, I'm very sure that TBG is the most likely to stay away from libel and only talk about what he knows is true, so my guess is that he was not talking about that. We can wait til he pops in to clear it up.

By the looks of it, you have. They reported his comments verbatim and he apologised for the comments. How can that be part of a smear campaign? We know nothing was made up because we all heard the tape.
    You need to separate words and actions. He apologised for his words and you have to give him credit for that. If you've ever played football you would know all about a bit of banter with the the lads.

The tape you mention was the prelude to all those other women making accusations, to give their words more credence. Of course it was a smear, Wikileaks revealed it was already planned last March.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 10-11-16 at 09:58.

You need to separate words and actions. He apologised for his words and you have to give him credit for that. If you've ever played football you would know all about a bit of banter with the the lads.

The tape you mention was the prelude to all those other women making accusations, to give their words more credence. Of course it was a smear, Wikileaks revealed it was already planned last March.
    You need to address this to TBG then.

You need to address this to TBG then.
    Nothing to address, I've just provided further information regarding the topic under discussion.

Nothing to address, I've just provided further information regarding the topic under discussion.
    I haven't suggested that Trump does what he said he does in the tape, so no need for me to 'separate words and actions'. Read through the thread again

I haven't suggested that Trump does what he said he does in the tape, so no need for me to 'separate words and actions'. Read through the thread again
    I never said you did It is the media who have presented it this way.

Fat be it from me to agree with gluey but I think it's fair to say that the women accusing trump were wheeled out by the Clinton campaign as another desperate smear attempt to stop him winning.

Of course, if there's any truth in their claims then they'll obviously pursue him through the legal channels rather than quietly disappear won't they?

The similarities between the us election vote and our very own brexit vote are quite telling. Both Clinton and the remain vote focused on putting out scare stories and trying to discredit the other side with tales of ever growing ridiculousness. I think both reached a point where they ended up doing more damage to their own campaign as more and more people saw through the bullshit. Once that happens people start questioning what's being claimed and stop believing what they are being told.

The irony is that if the remain and Clinton campaigns had focused on the positives for their side then I believe that both would have been successful. As it is, I think they both got what they deserved - a resounding slap from the electorate.

Before anyone replies, yes I know that there was plenty of bollox spouted by the leave and trump campaigns. The difference for me though is that both trump and the leave campaigns were total underdogs in the fight and had to rely on pulling something dramatic out of the bag to change people's minds and win the vote. I firmly believe that the other sides went in as favourites but threw it away with their obvious scare stories and lack of positivity.

On a personal level I think Trump is an idiot and an opportunist and who knows how brexit will turn out, but it's quite refreshing that people are finally waking up and realising that the current political system does nothing for the average person. Will brexit and Trump change things? Probably not, but if it makes the political elite realise that they can't just sit back and expect people to keep voting for the same old shit then that's a positive thing.

Far be it from me to agree with gluey
    Fancy a pint later, or maybe a holiday together?

Fat be it from me to agree with gluey but I think it's fair to say that the women accusing trump were wheeled out by the Clinton campaign as another desperate smear attempt to stop him winning.

Of course, if there's any truth in their claims then they'll obviously pursue him through the legal channels rather than quietly disappear won't they?
    They might have been, but I wasn't talking about those women.

And to be fair to them, there is quite a difference between speaking to the media about a nominee and taking the President to court on the kind of offences which can only be one person's word against another. My take is that it doesn't necessarily mean that there is no truth in their claims if they're not followed up.

They might have been, but I wasn't talking about those women.

And to be fair to them, there is quite a difference between speaking to the media about a nominee and taking the President to court on the kind of offences which can only be one person's word against another. My take is that it doesn't necessarily mean that there is no truth in their claims if they're not followed up.
    Agreed, but on the other hand digging up that old footage was the perfect play, if you intended to roll out an army of women 5 minutes later who were full of damaging accusations. Like I said the details of the plan were exposed in the DNC leaked emails, and a complicit media were only too pleased to offer assistance.

Awkward

I'd rather have you round for dinner?

Blog Entries

With a nice chianti and some fava beans?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    With a nice chianti and some fava beans?
    I'm saving that for Croesy.

Gluey will have to make do with a can of coke and some doritos.