+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: US Election - Trump Wins

Re: US Election - Trump Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Go **** yourself.

I am not going to defend Donald Trump, I would never vote for him in an ordinary election but this was no ordinary election. The thought of Hillary Clinton is as shocking, if not more shocking than Trump. I think Trump will surprise many on here to be quite a competent president. I am content with Trump as president, I am not thrilled or happy about the outcome but he won't be as bad as you think, much like Brexit.
    Brexit hasn't happened just so you know

She called nearly half the country a "basket of deplorables" and "irredeemable". Very nasty. She also refused to say something nice about Trump during one of the debates and generally mocked him throughout.

Those stats you gave me are heavily skewed by racial factors (most will be working class), 8% of black people voted Trump, surprisingly 29% of hispanics voted for Trump. You will find the elites in America almost exclusively backed Clinton. You only have to look at Trump largely having to self fund his campaign compared to Clinton who received obscene donations from Soros and co. Also take a look at Hollywood, the media luvvies exclusively backed Clinton, in fact the highest profile endorsements Trump received were iron Mike Tyson and Gary Busey.

I found this election fascinating. As you probably know, America is like two countries, Rural Vs Urban. I have first hand experience of the differences, I was lucky enough to be able to work in America for three months shortly after Obama was elected in 2008. I was based in Milwaukee but regularly had to go "upstate" to the sticks. I listened to talk radio the whole time I was there, I was surprised by the liberal nature of the content in Milwaukee but when I traveled outside of the city the stations were quite terrifying, angry and the hatred of Obama was palpable. This wasn't even the deep south.
    The second half of your post is doubtless true. Clinton won the vote in 31 out of 35 Cities yet outside of these urban areas in small towns and rural areas she did very badly. I think you can day the same for the UK to an extent. In respect to the first part of your post it seems a very mixed picture. Clinton has not done as well as expected amongst the female vote,Afro Caribbeans and Hispanics. I am pretty certain Sanders would have done considerably better.

I think that a World Leader ought to be able to conduct themselves with a modicum of decorum?!

Trump has been the worst example of 'prospective World leader' that I can ever remember - by some stupendous margin.
    I hope the ugly President elect has not set some ugly electoral precedent...

Yes, President Trump will be different will be different to Candidate Trump.

But what has been seen , cannot be unseen. Nor erased.

The people have spoken. The system returned Donald. It is what it is.
    Let's hope Donald is a stooge (deary me .. what a wish ..!) , like most other recent-day Presidents undoubtedly have been, and that he gets some swift lessons on decorum and diplomacy.

Personally, I am glad that Washington has been supposedly turned upside down. I'm only (very) disapointed to see that it was Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I think that a World Leader ought to be able to conduct themselves with a modicum of decorum?!

Trump has been the worst example of 'prospective World leader' that I can ever remember - by some stupendous margin.

Let's hope Donald is a stooge (deary me .. what a wish ..!) , like most other recent-day Presidents undoubtedly have been, and that he gets some swift lessons on decorum and diplomacy.

Personally, I am glad that Washington has been supposedly turned upside down. I'm only (very) disapointed to see that it was Trump.
    Yep if only it was Sanders that had turned Washington upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Sorry to break it to you mate, but you're defending Donald Trump there. Now go **** yourself.
    Not going to defend his previous actions and the way he as conducted himself during the campaign, he's probably said about 10 different things that on there own would disbar him from continuing his campaign. What I don't like is belters like you telling people they are a disgrace for being content, I was relieved it wasn't Hillary and wished it was Bernie. In the context of the two horse race that is the presidential race of course I am content with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Brexit hasn't happened just so you know
    Fully aware of that but when it does happen it won't be as bad as you fear.

I'm fed up with liberal hand wringing and leftie fear mongering, it's never as bad as they make out, never.

Fully aware of that but when it does happen it won't be as bad as you fear.

I'm fed up with liberal hand wringing and leftie fear mongering, it's never as bad as they make out, never.
    I dont think you have been very generous with your demographic there! - but I hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post

Obamas diplomacy was shameless appeasement (Iran), empty threats and punitive economic penalties (Russia) willful ignorance (Iraq) and bombs and mortars (Libya, Syria). He was deeply unpopular among many leaders across the world. The notion that Obama has been anything other than a disaster in the field of world diplomacy is laughable, Trump may prove to be a lot better. The continuation of American aggression in the world was one of the main reasons I was hopeful Clinton wouldn't get her grubby hands on the presidency.

The most amount of sense he ever made during the campaign was on foreign policy, his incompetencies are at home.
    Last edited by Bluebird since 1948; 10-11-16 at 19:39.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Doesn't 'middle class' mean something different in America?
    Middle class normally indicates a College education which would in-turn hopefully mean a fairly professional job

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    My Croesy detecting radar makes a humming noise on seeing Silures posts.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Middle class normally indicates a College education which would in-turn hopefully mean a fairly professional job
    http://money.cnn.com/infographic/eco...-class-anyway/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...United_Kingdom

Not going to defend his previous actions and the way he as conducted himself during the campaign, he's probably said about 10 different things that on there own would disbar him from continuing his campaign. What I don't like is belters like you telling people they are a disgrace for being content, I was relieved it wasn't Hillary and wished it was Bernie. In the context of the two horse race that is the presidential race of course I am content with Trump.
    Read in another thread where you wrote you hate muslims coming here etc., so everything makes sense now.
    Last edited by Zenith; 11-11-16 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Not with Trump it wouldn't have been.

Herself asked me how their electoral system worked last night - I had to look it up. It's mad.

If only one single person turned up to vote in Florida, and their vote would effectively be worth more than a couple of million in another state.

No matter which way the result goes, that's bonkers.
    The same thing can happen in the UK though. UKIP had 3 million people voting for them in 2015, but have 0 MPs. The SNP had 1,400,000 voters and are the third largest party in the Parliament. The Lib Dems had a million more voters than the SNP but only 8 seats.

In a true democracy one vote should carry the same weight as another vote. Otherwise, people are "persuaded" to not bother voting. Why should I vote in a seat where the MP will win with a majority of 25,000 but that MP represents a party that will have only 4 MPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Read in another thread where you wrote you hate muslims coming here etc., so everything makes sense now.
    No no no read it again ya ****ing belter.

I said I don't like Muslims coming here and telling us what to do, telling us how to live our lives like they live there's back in their homelands. On the flip side I hate western armies forcing regime change on Muslim countries I also dislike FIFA telling Qatar to sell alcohol on the streets at games during the 2022 World Cup.

Around 60 million people voted for each candidate. The difference is that 30 states voted for Trump vs 20 states for Clinton.

In fairness, how is it fair that, say, 40 million people in California decide what is right for, say, 500,000 people living in Montana? This has been reflected in the voting (i.e. a state majority).

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Around 60 million people voted for each candidate. The difference is that 30 states voted for Trump vs 20 states for Clinton.

In fairness, how is it fair that, say, 40 million people in California decide what is right for, say, 500,000 people living in Montana? This has been reflected in the voting (i.e. a state majority).
    Every electoral system has its flaws.Trump won under the US system. It appears to have been a valid victory so he will become President. That's life. Time to move on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I just realised, today is 9/11
    Not for Americans it isn't. It's 11/9

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Not for Americans it isn't. It's 11/9
    Actually today it's 11/11 for Americans and us too, a strange quirk of astronomy that won't occur again for 174 years.