+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: US Election - Trump Wins

Re: US Election - Trump Wins

Quote Originally Posted by mike downtownabbey View Post
    Politicians! Are there any out there that you could all agree was a good solid incorrupt competent leader.
    i doubt it
    Machiavelli had a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    I don't get all the post-election hysteria. Lots of people seem to think Trump will now be some kind of out-of-control dictator loon. Old orange face still has to work within the framework of government of which he has no experience and not many allies. I doubt he’ll do very much beyond discretely lining his own pockets. Apologies if WW3 breaks out within the next few weeks but I don't foresee a Trump-inspired global meltdown any time soon.
    If his first order of business isnt signing off on the Purge then I'll be disappointed.

Congratulations president trump. Would have got my vote if I was from the u.s. he seems very keen on the uk, so that can only be Good for us. Also reigning in Russia with better relations, can also only be a good thing.

Brexit win
    Trump win
    Hillary gets a kicking from the electorate
    Cameron kicked out

This is a GOOD year!

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    I don't get all the post-election hysteria. Lots of people seem to think Trump will now be some kind of out-of-control dictator loon. Old orange face still has to work within the framework of government of which he has no experience and not many allies. I doubt he’ll do very much beyond discretely lining his own pockets. Apologies if WW3 breaks out within the next few weeks but I don't foresee a Trump-inspired global meltdown any time soon.
    Was that genuinely in response to my post or using my post to make a general point? My point was about how Trump campaigned and won anyway (which could have scary impact on the world) regardless of what he'll do as president.

Politicians! Are there any out there that you could all agree was a good solid incorrupt competent leader.
    Unless it is a truly dodgy system it seems unlikely a leader could be elected on 75% of the vote let alone 95% plus. However, there is a difference between the way Trump has campaigned and the policies he has announced as key (climate change being a myth etc.) and most political leaders when they are on the opposite side of the spectrum to an individual.

Re: US Election - Trump Ahead Currently

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I can see why he got in.

If I was an unemployed black steelworker in the rust belt, what the hell has the system down for me over the last 30
    Years. If you've got nothing you have nothing to lose, I'd take the uncertainty of Trump over guaranteed no change everytime- ditto for Brexit

Just to confirm I'm not a trump supporter
    you wouldnt need to be Black, it makes no difference the political elite ( that was ) do not care what colour your skin is in the US

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you wouldnt need to be Black, it makes no difference the political elite ( that was ) do not care what colour your skin is in the US
    Do you think Trump cares about the poorest paid and the unemployed? He has barely been a sterling advocate of increasing the minimum wage.

I posted that when he won the primaries he would win it

he was making the right sounds

let look it from a poor out of work American who is struggling to put food on the table, his town was built up around a steel mill that shut down a few years back, he has nothing, the system for the last 5 - 10 years has left him behind and he doesnt matter ( thanks to Obamacare he will not die soon ), not this American has nothing to lose with a swerve ball away from the current system

Now lets look at the Carpenter from this said same town ( this is based on a person i know online ) he works 45 hours a week for reduced money, afterall this once working town has very little money now as the Steel Mill shut down and in the past would have been comfortable, his family would be doing good, now Obamacare has made his health insurance premiums rise dramatically, he is looking over his shoulder at the bloke above thinking, I am not far away from that guy, he is worried, he has seen the recession come and it hasnt left him yet, he is still feeling the pinch despite the news telling him the county is back on its feet and doing well, what the hell has this guy got to lose with a change, nothing

what have these 2 guys got to lose with Trump, it could all go wrong, but its crap for them now, they feel it cannot get any worse

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Do you think Trump cares about the poorest paid and the unemployed? He has barely been a sterling advocate of increasing the minimum wage.
    no i dont, but they have nothing to lose anymore

Le Pen next.

Watch this space, the French have had enough too. People are finally waking up.

I just realised, today is 9/11

I hope Labour politicians have learnt from the US election and the EU Referendum. They need to match the aggression of right wing politicians at hustings. They are too soft and have to be much nastier.

I hope Labour politicians have learnt from the US election and the EU Referendum. They need to match the aggression of right wing politicians at hustings. They are too soft and have to be much nastier.
    I'd like to think that Globalist politicians of the future remember to include everyone because at some point, those left in the gutter get their chance to say enough is enough, a non Brexit campaigned was championed by the rich, Clinton represented the American Capitalists, I never thought that Thump would get it, do you think that Hillary wasn't nasty? she basically stole the democratic nomination from Sanders, I'm sure Sanders would have mullered Thump. but the nasty family and their greed took over (but they didn't)!!! and it's left the world with a so called property developer basically in charge of it!!.

Uh "what a nasty woman"? Clinton gave as good as she got in that respect.

The traditional left don't need to be nastier they need to stop taking their core working class vote for granted. Hilary ignored Wisconsin and Michigan, states that had voted Dem since the 80s. She barely visited them and then had the gall to post about the "blue wall" around the great lakes propelling her to victory.

This is not a recent trend, remember the North elected two BNP MEPs in 2009, the alarm bells for labour should have been ringing then. Instead they stuck their heads further in the sand and told people that immigration is a wonderful thing to be celebrate. The Jocks deserted Labour and now they are dead in Scotland, same will occur in Wales and the North I am sure. Brexit and Trump is not a recent trend, working class people left behind by globalisation are turning to alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I'd like to think that Globalist politicians of the future remember to include everyone because at some point, those left in the gutter get their chance to say enough is enough, a non Brexit campaigned was championed by the rich, Clinton represented the American Capitalists, I never thought that Thump would get it, do you think that Hillary wasn't nasty? she basically stole the democratic nomination from Sanders, I'm sure Sanders would have mullered Thump. but the nasty family and their greed took over (but they didn't)!!! and it's left the world with a so called property developer basically in charge of it!!.
    Fair pay that final line of your post is handsome and put a smile on my face. I wanted Bernie to beat Hilary but I don't think she stole the nomination from him. I'm not convinced she is authentic but do not see her as anywhere near as evil as Trump who is a serious piece of work.
    The Democrats lost this election rather than Trump win it. Clinton was 6 million votes down on Obama's performance in 2012. There has been no surge to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Uh "what a nasty woman"? Clinton gave as good as she got in that respect.

The traditional left don't need to be nastier they need to stop taking their core working class vote for granted. Hilary ignored Wisconsin and Michigan, states that had voted Dem since the 80s. She barely visited them and then had the gall to post about the "blue wall" around the great lakes propelling her to victory.

This is not a recent trend, remember the North elected two BNP MEPs in 2009, the alarm bells for labour should have been ringing then. Instead they stuck their heads further in the sand and told people that immigration is a wonderful thing to be celebrate. The Jocks deserted Labour and now they are dead in Scotland, same will occur in Wales and the North I am sure. Brexit and Trump is not a recent trend, working class people left behind by globalisation are turning to alternatives.
    I don't think she did give anywhere near as much back. Your point about the working class being left behind is an interesting one. Are they? Clinton won more of the popular vote than Trump amongst the poorest. Trump won more of the popular vote than Clinton amongst the most affluent.
    I think the white male blue collar vote was strongly fuelled and anti immigration. So globalisation has played a part.

Sky news reporter in America to a woman who voted for trump.

Why did you vote for him?
    I like his policies
    What are those policies?
    I don't know.

I don't think she did give anywhere near as much back. Your point about the working class being left behind is an interesting one. Are they? Clinton won more of the popular vote than Trump amongst the poorest. Trump won more of the popular vote than Clinton amongst the most affluent.
    I think the white male blue collar vote was strongly fuelled and anti immigration. So globalisation has played a part.
    I've read what i think, are some decent articles from Leanne Wood on Thump today, she's made it quite plain over the previous weeks of her dislike for him but has written today acknowledging that the people are no longer willing to be ignored and I think she is 100% right, i think its a fight back against the establishment for the majority, politicians need to grasp this.

The lying Bully Corbyn and that evil dyke racist slag side kick of his you mean? There is no one more nastier than that pair

The American Nation has spoken. When the forgotten get a voice don't be surprised with their message.
    Just like Brexit there is a world outside the cosmopolitan major cities. The smaller less glamourous states who have never had a voice till now, right or wrong they have now been heard and the message is change for good or bad we are yet to see.

Power to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Congratulations president trump. Would have got my vote if I was from the u.s. he seems very keen on the uk, so that can only be Good for us. Also reigning in Russia with better relations, can also only be a good thing.
    He's Tsar of Russia too? That's some payback from Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He's Tsar of Russia too? That's some payback from Putin!

He's just giving a weather report.

I blame the Colonel for Trump's victory. There was a lot of misinformation emanating from the Colonel early on in this thread. It caused confusion in the rust belt and things never recovered from there.

I blame the Colonel for Trump's victory. There was a lot of misinformation emanating from the Colonel early on in this thread. It caused confusion in the rust belt and things never recovered from there.
    I'm making CCMB great again.

The lying Bully Corbyn and that evil dyke racist slag side kick of his you mean? There is no one more nastier than that pair
    Idiot.