+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trump

Trump

Most of the Republican Party were against him, yet he has delivered the Presidency, the Senate and the House of Representatives, and most likely the Supreme Court too.

Like him or hate him, that is quite some feat.

Re: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Most of the Republican Party were against him, yet he has delivered the Presidency, the Senate and the House of Representatives, and most likely the Supreme Court too.

Like him or hate him, that is quite some feat.
    he's a beefburger, all part of the grand scheme

Good point.

Obama is widely criticised for not having done much, but he had to fight a republican congress to get every piece of legislation through.

Trump should be able to do pretty much whatever he wants for the next four years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    he's a beefburger, all part of the grand scheme
    At least he's not a pizza or hot dog lover, but what do you think he's up to then? This has crossed my mind too.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Good point.

Obama is widely criticised for not having done much, but he had to fight a republican congress to get every piece of legislation through.

Trump should be able to do pretty much whatever he wants for the next four years at least.
    He's trod on a lot of Republican toes to get there. If I were him, I'd be wary of a backstabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's trod on a lot of Republican toes to get there. If I were him, I'd be wary of a backstabbing.
    Kissing ass will get you far, look at Chris Christie whose political career should be in ruins (bridgegate). Those that he has trod on to get there owe him a lot, the Republicans never dreamed of being this strong. They may not like him but they will rally behind Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And bullets, and probably aeroplanes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Kissing ass will get you far, look at Chris Christie whose political career should be in ruins (bridgegate). Those that he has trod on to get there owe him a lot, the Republicans never dreamed of being this strong. They may not like him but they will rally behind Trump.
    You really think so?

The Republican Party may support some of the Trump 'policies' (the ones he didn't ditch or reverse the week after) - low tax, small government, social conservatism, increasing the military.... etc. But the other Trump 'policies' (unclear how well developed any of these are and whether some go beyond soundbites) either contradict the first list or are totally anathema to Republicans - massive state spending, mass deportation of unregistered workers (the source of profit for many businesses), pulling out of NATO, huge tariff barriers.... etc.

The Trump presidency will be all about climb downs, clashes with the Republican congress and China, and a backlash from his base.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    pulling out of NATO
    What about UK foreign policy? Is Boris still going to wage war against Russia and Syria? I don't see how our policy could change cos Putin and Assad are still evil dudes and we have to do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What about UK foreign policy? Is Boris still going to wage war against Russia and Syria? I don't see how our policy could change cos Putin and Assad are still evil dudes and we have to do the right thing.
    Has the UK got an independent foreign policy? It might need one when the UK leaves the EU and President Trump pulls up the drawbridge.

We may have the Donald (who cares only about Donald) encouraging Putin and Assad to clear away the opposition and bomb ISIS out of existence (alongside all the other 'collateral damage') whilst Boris (who cares only about Boris) pushing the UK government to take the other side - apart from the ISIS bit.
    Last edited by jon1959; 10-11-16 at 22:50.

Blog Entries

He's Lee Majors, he looks like the six million dollar man but he's the fall guy

Paddy Power are offering a measly 6/1 on Trump being impeached by the end of 2020.

Chicago kids dont like Trump either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQJoKiMLRYs

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Paddy Power are offering a measly 6/1 on Trump being impeached by the end of 2020.
    What are they offering on him being murdered?