+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qatar enforce no alcohol in public spaces 2022

Qatar enforce no alcohol in public spaces 2022

As expected: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-cup-in-qatar/

Beer and sports may go hand-in-hand in some parts of the world, but not Qatar, where FIFA plans to stage the 2022 World Cup. Officials in the conservative Middle Eastern country announced on Tuesday it would ban the public consumption of alcohol during the tournament, including on streets, public squares and in the stadiums.

“I am personally against the provision of alcohol in stadiums and public places based on our values ​​and our traditions and our culture,” the secretary-general of the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy Al-Thawadi told Arabic newspaper Al-Sharq.

Re: Qatar enforce no alcohol in public spaces 2022

It's against the law in a number of countries to consume alcohol in streets and public spaces

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's against the law in a number of countries to consume alcohol in streets and public spaces
    Yep.

A dumb choice from top to bottom.

Considering FIFA made the Brazilian authorities change the law for the sake of sponsors I'll be impressed if you won't be able to have a cheeky pint during a game.

Still though, **** going to Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Considering FIFA made the Brazilian authorities change the law for the sake of sponsors I'll be impressed if you won't be able to have a cheeky pint during a game.

Still though, **** going to Qatar
    I'm all for going to Asia and the Middle East.

But this is not appealing in the slightest.

Fake stadiums with no history. No atmosphere like in the Euros with all the age old French towns.

Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I'm all for going to Asia and the Middle East.

But this is not appealing in the slightest.

Fake stadiums with no history. No atmosphere like in the Euros with all the age old French towns.

I was told there was plenty of atmosphere in the Euro's, with all the age old French towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Who cares
    Gay alcoholics

Yeah all down to the cause of all evil, i.e. Religion. What a ridiculous decision that was along with Russia, if ever we needed proof the world is just phucked and corrupt its this, and Donald winning of course.....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yeah all down to the cause of all evil, i.e. Religion. What a ridiculous decision that was along with Russia, if ever we needed proof the world is just phucked and corrupt its this, and Donald winning of course.....
    One of the countries it's illegal in is America.

One of the countries it's illegal in is America.
    Not really the same tho, sure you cannot drink in the street, but there is still a liquor store on every street corner, and one can drink in most if not all sporting events/concerts ect.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I was told there was plenty of atmosphere in the Euro's, with all the age old French towns.
    By all means have a browse around the desert with your camels.

Is what I meant. There'll be next to no tourist attractions

Give me the cobbled streets of france anyday!.

No atmosphere like in the Euros with all the age old French towns.[/QUOTE]

But this reads as:-- NO ATMOSPHERE LIKE IN THE EUROS IN THE AGE OLD FRENCH TOWNS. !

Meaning, THERE WAS NO ATMOSPHERE IN THE AGE OLD FRENCH TOWNS !

What you meant to say was:---- It will be unlike the Euro's, where in the age old French towns, there was plenty of atmosphere.

Don't thank me, I'm just bored at the mo.

No atmosphere like in the Euros with all the age old French towns.

But this reads as:-- NO ATMOSPHERE LIKE IN THE EUROS IN THE AGE OLD FRENCH TOWNS. !

What you meant to say was:---- It will be unlike the Euro's, where in the age old French towns, there was plenty of atmosphere.

If you have to explain your jokes you can sure they won't be funny. Especially when they had such an unpromising start anyway.

That's one World Cup I hope we don't qualify for, the whole thing is a shambles

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    That's one World Cup I hope we don't qualify for, the whole thing is a shambles
    Scotland have now decided to boycott the finals...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Scotland have now decided to boycott the finals...
    They usually do to be fair

No atmosphere like in the Euros with all the age old French towns.

Don't thank me, I'm just bored at the mo. [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    If you have to explain your jokes you can sure they won't be funny. Especially when they had such an unpromising start anyway.

It's not a joke

Blog Entries

It's not a joke

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....I can see now

A lot of people type as they talk without thinking that others don't have context!.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....I can see now

A lot of people type as they talk without thinking that others don't have context!.

Ya, a lot of people think as they walk, but we don't all walk into lamp posts

Now that's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    He's not joking (badly) for a change, just picking up on someones grammar, makes him feel good I suppose. I prefer shit jokes to someone feeling superior to another person myself, especially on a football message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    He's not joking (badly) for a change, just picking up on someones grammar, makes him feel good I suppose. I prefer shit jokes to someone feeling superior to another person myself, especially on a football message board.

Someone's had a bad day

This is there way of doing things and it must be respected. I hate Muslims coming over here and making demands on changing our way of life to match their homelands. I am not going to advocate the western world trying to push them in a direction they don't want to go into.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    This is there way of doing things and it must be respected. I hate Muslims coming over here and making demands on changing our way of life to match their homelands. I am not going to advocate the western world trying to push them in a direction they don't want to go into.
    Alcohol is readily available in Qatar, usually the hotels, it is just not "in your face".
    There are strict rules on signing in if you aren't a resident, with your passport etc, and often there is a charge, similar to going to a night club I guess.
    Plenty of "lapsed" Muslims also frequent them.
    Okay, you cannot tar everyone with the same brush but the authorities are more than happy to serve it up as they are making a fortune.
    I'd liken it to prohibition in the 30's in that it goes on... but it costs you!

Personally that's Russia and Qatar I won't be going to when we qualify, probably choose to head off to Spain with some pals and watch us in their bars.