+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Before The Flood - Climate Change

Before The Flood - Climate Change

Just watched this documentary by Leonardo Di Caprio, really good watch if you have some time to kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=codqzJ4onGc

pretty hard hitting, coincidentally I have recently become aware of the work of Elon Musk. Founder of Tesla electric cars, and recently pitched the new solar roof, he has single handily pushed renewable energy forward by atleast 10 years in my opinion.

Re: Before The Flood - Climate Change

musk is a hippy - never trust them.

I have heard good things about this.

Banned

Nice to see de caprio doing is bit for the global warming issue. Having 3 homes, is own Island, Yacht and countless cars makes him a leading light as an environmentalist.

Saw this last night and very interesting indeed, especially the worldwide swing to acknowledging the problem is real and then agreeing on a plan.

Amazing fact about beef. If we all reduced or stopped our consumption or even simply swapped to chicken instead, it would have an instant reduction on global warming / climate change.

Every time I drive over the Severn Bridge I wonder how many gigawatts of electricity we're wasting by not having a barrage across it :-(

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Saw this last night and very interesting indeed, especially the worldwide swing to acknowledging the problem is real and then agreeing on a plan.

Amazing fact about beef. If we all reduced or stopped our consumption or even simply swapped to chicken instead, it would have an instant reduction on global warming / climate change.

Every time I drive over the Severn Bridge I wonder how many gigawatts of electricity we're wasting by not having a barrage across it :-(
    So are you going to stop eating beef?

Forks and knives is another great watch and an eye opener for most too.

Beef is a huge problem both environmentally and health wise and as you say if meat is needed then chicken solves both problems

The beef fact was the most striking for me, and I am seriously considering eradicating it from my diet, not only because it is something small I can do, but I suspect it will vastly improve my health, especially as I need to loose weight.

here is just the beef snipet for those who have no time for the whole episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIVMmMO1IVo

I fully agree with the Severn barrage project, its incredible it is not happening, I also believe that all new homes should be built with panels fitted, as a requirement.

I spoke to a friend recently who had panels installed a year ago, their electricity bill reduced from aprox £80 to £20 a month, and then at the end of the year received a cheque of £800 for their contribution into the national grid!

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    The beef fact was the most striking for me, and I am seriously considering eradicating it from my diet, not only because it is something small I can do, but I suspect it will vastly improve my health, especially as I need to loose weight.

here is just the beef snipet for those who have no time for the whole episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIVMmMO1IVo

I fully agree with the Severn barrage project, its incredible it is not happening, I also believe that all new homes should be built with panels fitted, as a requirement.

I spoke to a friend recently who had panels installed a year ago, their electricity bill reduced from aprox £80 to £20 a month, and then at the end of the year received a cheque of £800 for their contribution into the national grid!
    It's also on sky catch-up for those interested

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    It's also on sky catch-up for those interested
    Nobody's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Nobody's interested.
    This could be a first here but you're right

Nobody's interested.
    unfortunately, this is true and the documentary picks up on the fact, nobody is really interested. Incredible really.

Blog Entries

Nice to see de caprio doing is bit for the global warming issue. Having 3 homes, is own Island, Yacht and countless cars makes him a leading light as an environmentalist.

It's a cowspiracy.

I'm not a fan of the UN so I wont bother going in to that but I do think we should reduce meat consumption, don't swap to chicken though, chickens have a rough deal as it is, it's easier than you think to live without it, I've been meat free for quite a while now and I've managed to stay alive.

Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

It's a cowspiracy.

I'm not a fan of the UN so I wont bother going in to that but I do think we should reduce meat consumption, don't swap to chicken though, chickens have a rough deal as it is, it's easier than you think to live without it, I've been meat free for quite a while now and I've managed to stay alive.
    With you all the way but people "need" meat and beef is the problem here.

Maybe this is the answer!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...?client=safari

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Bullshit.
    Who are you talking to?

With you all the way but people "need" meat and beef is the problem here.

Maybe this is the answer!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...?client=safari
    To survive?

Only a one world government can solve all the problems facing humanity, which makes you wonder why they didn't put a Jesuit into the White House instead of that idiot Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

To survive?
    Of course not, but most will never get it without other incentives

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Only a one world government can solve all the problems facing humanity, which makes you wonder why they didn't put a Jesuit into the White House instead of that idiot Trump.
    They did put one in, silly billy.

Of course not, but most will never get it without other incentives
    Agreed, was just checking what you meant.