+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another fantastic game and it's not a bad result.

Another fantastic game and it's not a bad result.

If we win in Ireland and we certainly ought to we will be perfectly placed at the halfway stage.

Anyone that doesn't accept that Serbia are massive, hard and good is mad.
    Gutting to concede another late goal but that CCS Djinn man won't Feck off.

I was genuinely worried we would lose tonight but we didn't.
    Happy Xmas see you all in Dublin

Re: Another fantastic game and it's not a bad result.

Positive thinking. I like it. But it's still a bad result if we want to qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Positive thinking. I like it. But it's still a bad result if we want to qualify!
    IF? FFS IF?

Ireland will be more than happy with a point in March as there's 4 points between us now so they'll set up a team to not lose, which will really test the ability in this team. Beating Austria tonight was massive for them and a win against us would pretty much kill our chances of first place. The game in March has now become a must win, a draw is really no good for us anymore. I'd say we need at least 5 more wins out of our 6 remaining games to have any chance of winning the group.

However, the biggest disappointment for me was how many yellow cards we picked up - Bale, Allen, Williams and Ledley tonight. Two yellows in this campaign is a 1 game suspension, Ben Davies is also on one. Any of those players suspended for us is a blow.

The positive side in me is saying that we can go to Ireland and get the much needed win and then a win in Serbia would really put us back in contention.

I thought Taylor played well tonight after his recent Wales performances - his only fault being he didn't block the cross for their goal, and good to see Robson-Kanu putting in a proper shift. It was nice to see Lawrence coming on but still looks pretty raw. Would have liked to have seen Jonny Williams introduced at some point but we could have won it before they scored with Bale knocking the post. Ramsey wasn't at 100% but still offered the class that we have deeply missed. The four at the back actually wasn't a bad decision and Serbia didn't really look like scoring until the last 15, credit to Coleman for trying something different and showing we do have a "Plan B".

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    IF? FFS IF?
    Yes we want to qualify FFS - so it is a bad result!

We punch well above our weight and although we could have won tonight, a draw was decent against a very good side.
    Our defence were outstanding until their killer, but brilliant, equaliser.

Provided we have our top three available (injury free and eligable), we can still cause upsets, but we are running out of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ireland will be more than happy with a point in March as there's 4 points between us now so they'll set up a team to not lose, which will really test the ability in this team. Beating Austria tonight was massive for them and a win against us would pretty much kill our chances of first place. The game in March has now become a must win, a draw is really no good for us anymore. I'd say we need at least 5 more wins out of our 6 remaining games to have any chance of winning the group.

However, the biggest disappointment for me was how many yellow cards we picked up - Bale, Allen, Williams and Ledley tonight. Two yellows in this campaign is a 1 game suspension, Ben Davies is also on one. Any of those players suspended for us is a blow.

The positive side in me is saying that we can go to Ireland and get the much needed win and then a win in Serbia would really put us back in contention.

I thought Taylor played well tonight after his recent Wales performances - his only fault being he didn't block the cross for their goal, and good to see Robson-Kanu putting in a proper shift. It was nice to see Lawrence coming on but still looks pretty raw. Would have liked to have seen Jonny Williams introduced at some point but we could have won it before they scored with Bale knocking the post. Ramsey wasn't at 100% but still offered the class that we have deeply missed. The four at the back actually wasn't a bad decision and Serbia didn't really look like scoring until the last 15, credit to Coleman for trying something different and showing we do have a "Plan B".
    Just noticed I haven't mentioned Ledley's performance. Best I've seen him for a long time in a Wales shirt, shame he had to come off because he was excellent.

A win in Ireland and this point and the one in Austria look very good

it was a terrible result you fools. You cant go losing or drawing home games. You boys need a ****ing miracle now to qulify.

It wasn't really a fantastic game. It was enjoyable but our chance of going to Russia is slipping away

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    it was a terrible result you fools. You cant go losing or drawing home games. You boys need a ****ing miracle now to qulify.
    This is probably the first thing you have ever posted that I agree with

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    i only post sense.

Suppose your laddies were happy keeping the score down to 3 nil last night?
    We are not in a great position granted but we have at least four months of hope.
    What do you have?

There are many "fools" on this messageboard and you have just added yourself to the list.
    How many Welsh people post on a Scottish messageboard?
    So why don't you just do one, at least until Cardiff City (who you seem to profess to support) turn out!

Up the Buoys!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Could have been worse ... what if you had worn the dreaded poppy ?? Points deduction ... god forbid .....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Could have been worse ... what if you had worn the dreaded poppy ?? Points deduction ... god forbid .....
    See above

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    See above
    It's a Cardiff City board first and foremost . I don't need your approval to post . I feel your shame , probably a red scarf wearer .... xx

Suppose your laddies were happy keeping the score down to 3 nil last night?
    We are not in a great position granted but we have at least four months of hope.
    What do you have?

There are many "fools" on this messageboard and you have just added yourself to the list.
    How many Welsh people post on a Scottish messageboard?
    So why don't you just do one, at least until Cardiff City (who you seem to profess to support) turn out!

Up the Buoys!
    I live in cardiff you arse monkey. so i watch cardiff. who are you to tell me who i can and cant support? i was pointing out that your national team have taken sumwhat of a nosedive and it is not good

Ps couldnt really give a **** about the scotland team. its all c*ltic and english players in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It's a Cardiff City board first and foremost . I don't need your approval to post . I feel your shame , probably a red scarf wearer .... xx
    James, let me explain. You contributed to a Welsh thread on a predominantly Welsh messageboard taking the piss.
    I am sure you don't need my approval, after all you have the approval of 90% of the mb with your fantastic car gestures.

You profess to be a Cardiff City fan (good on you, you've seen the light) but don't think that the fact that you happen to be in Cardiff, have a few Cardiff mates and offer better deals than Ken Thorne you are immune to ridicule.
    BTW, red scarf wearer not, not that I need YOUR approval.
    Double kisses back at ya

Poppy thing, not going there. Been too much vitriol mate
    Last edited by MacAdder; 13-11-16 at 00:36.

I live in cardiff you arse monkey. so i watch cardiff. who are you to tell me who i can and cant support? i was pointing out that your national team have taken sumwhat of a nosedive and it is not good

Ps couldnt really give a **** about the scotland team. its all c*ltic and english players in it.
    Just because you live in Cardiff you think it gives you the right to have a pop at Wales without retort?
    Do me a favour

Just because you live in Cardiff you think it gives you the right to have a pop at Wales without retort?
    Do me a favour
    i was not "having pop at wales" i merely pointed out that you boys should have done bettr. I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.

you pansy.

Yet further examples showing you can write lucid(ish) posts when you forget to post as your WUM character.

First Team

The old adage of win your home games and at least get a draw away from home remains true.
    In what looks like being a close group ,with four teams in contention, then that is not a great result.
    The troubling aspect for Welsh supporters is that the match in Dublin starts to look like a 'must not lose' game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    The old adage of win your home games and at least get a draw away from home remains true.
    In what looks like being a close group ,with four teams in contention, then that is not a great result.
    The troubling aspect for Welsh supporters is that the match in Dublin starts to look like a 'must not lose' game.

It's starting to look like a must win game.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    It's starting to look like a must win game.
    It's definitely must win. We are only still in contention because we can take 6 points from Ireland. Got to beat them away in March

We punch well above our weight and although we could have won tonight, a draw was decent against a very good side..
    This. Lets enjoy the ride, 3 defeats in the last 22 competitive matches is unparalleled in Wales football history.