+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Roadside Assistance

Roadside Assistance

Greenflag look like a good deal but are they any good?

AA and RAC are the ones I've used in the past.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Re: Roadside Assistance

Knocked the AA then the RAC in the head because they do not look after existing customers when renewing.

Been with Green Flag 2 years, price aint gone up, BUT I have not had to call them out yet.

In saying that, the RAC keep phoning me up with a "COME BACK" offer.

Been with the AA for 10 years or so, renewal comes in...always more
    I phone them up. moan and they always reduce it
    So I am ok with them as on the rare occasion I have had to call them out, they have been prompt and that is when you are grateful you have membership I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Been with the AA for 10 years or so, renewal comes in...always more
    I phone them up. moan and they always reduce it
    So I am ok with them as on the rare occasion I have had to call them out, they have been prompt and that is when you are grateful you have membership I suppose...
    Same with me. In fact after I rang them I went on a roll and rang others I have contracts with, EE, Sky etc. I ended up saving about £90 with The AA and just over £75 A MONTH with all the others I renegotiated with, not a bad saving, nearly a grand, for less than 90 minutes effort.

If you drive in more rural areas, it may be worth noting that Green flag use franchise agents

So, wherever you are, there should be an on-call rescue service fairly nearby who can get to you fairly quickly.

My understanding is that the AA and RAC will come out from central depots (unless they happen to already have someone in the area who isnt on way to a job), so it can take a lot longer - depending on where you are?

Last week I attended an AA meeting and to my horror, each person present stood up and openly admitted to being an alcoholic. I'm not having these boastful drunkards repairing my car. I can only hope that the RAC have more responsible employees.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Last week I attended an AA meeting and to my horror, each person present stood up and openly admitted to being an alcoholic. I'm not having these boastful drunkards repairing my car. I can only hope that the RAC have more responsible employees.
    Yes Ian...I raised the white flag myself 16 years ago and go to that AA 3 times a week.
    Thanks for your input Folks I'm swaying towards green flag.
    I have been covered through my Barclays Bank Account but from January the Bastards are starting to get greedy so i cancelled and thought i would go direct.

International

I have used green flag and they were excellent.
    Once I broke down on the embankment in London at 4 PM on a friday.
    I was collected and me and the car brought to Llandaff north by one vehicle and one driver. They left the car ar my house and the next morning another truck came to collect it and take it to a garage of my choice.
    Brilliant.

I broke down on the side of the road.
    I was with AXA through co op bank.
    the mechanic turned up in a lorry with no tools.
    he said it was a flat battery,the engine was turning over.
    turns out the cam belt was off.lucky not to **** the engine up.
    got my money back and joined the AA.