+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

Anyone staying up for UFC 205? It's on BT Sport 2, Live from New York.

Prelim fights 1am - 3am followed by the main card.

PRELIM FIGHTS: Frankie Edgar v Jeremy Stephens, Khabib Nurmagomedov v Michael Johnson, Rafael Natal v Tim Boetsch and Vicente Luque v Belal Muhammad.

MAIN CARD: Tyron Woodley v Steven Thompson, Joanna Jedrzejczyk v Karolina Kowalkiewicz, Tate v Pennington, Weidman v Romero and Alvarez v McGregor.

Re: UFC 205: Alvarez vs McGregor

I'll take that as a "no".

It was ****ing mayhem around MSG today. The bar where we meet up for Wales games is fairly close, we tried to get another pint on the way back and everywhere was rammed, one place wanted $40 to get in to watch the fights on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It was ****ing mayhem around MSG today. The bar where we meet up for Wales games is fairly close, we tried to get another pint on the way back and everywhere was rammed, one place wanted $40 to get in to watch the fights on TV.
    Looks like New Yorkers have really gone nuts for it. According to the NY Post:

"UFC 205 on track to be biggest sports event ever at MSG"

"UFC 205, shattered the arena’s record for top-grossing sporting event with over $17 million in ticket sales. Average ticket prices were more than $2,000 as of 3 p.m. Friday, with floor seats being listed for as much as $22,800"

http://nypost.com/2016/11/11/ufc-205...t-sale-record/

It's been a hell of a long wait but the main event fight is about to start.

I don't know why I put myself through this every time, I should just go to bed as normal and download the fight on Sunday.

Aaaaaand it's all over in the first round.