+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car Sales Dealers - any recommendations ?

Re: Car Sales Dealers - any recommendations ?

Ron Skinners on the Heads of the valleys road by Tredegar are always reliable and good, honest cars. Think they have a section at the back of the site with cheaper, budget cars too.

Contact Jimmy the Jock - He'll let you have one for free and throw in a life-time warranty and free petrol for the first year.

Ron Skinner are always good.Llewellyns in Bargoed are a family run car sales etc I found them excellent. They have part exs in and you may may be able to pick one up before they ship them off to the auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ron Skinner cheapest they have is £3999 - does Jimmy the Jock have a website ?
    Is that from Skinners website? If so I believe they don't list thier cheap stock online, it's in a different section I think they call RENNIKS and wouldn't be listed on thier webpage, probably better calling them befiore going there rather than taking my word for it mind.

I looked here http://www.ronskinnerandsons.co.uk/u...tredegar-gwent

I couldnt see anything else rennicks etc - will give them a call I think
    Yeah they don't list the Renniks stuff online. My father has always bought hsi cars from Skinners and has always even been willing to pay a little more to get thr right one from there even if slightly cheaper elsewhere because he's never had abad experience or problem with his last 10 or so purchases from them! Although there's never much room for negotiating with them they're usually very well priced anyway tbh!

Brother in law in Caerphilly looking for a second hand car about 2.5k budget - anyone recommend any places - or more importantly places to avoid ?
    Steve Williams Car Sales Aberfan. One of my best mates is the salesman. He's a cracking lad and will help you out no probs. Bit of everything over there to cater for all.

http://www.swilliamscarsales.com

Looked on his website - what puts me off them - is that they are pushing finance on every car - so they get a kick back, they get more money with monthly payments. Finance companies on car sales send off warning signs to me - that they dont give a sh1t. I prefer to just pay with cash up front.

£2,775 for an 08 Focus 1.6
    Thing is, most people do use finance and most dealers push it. If you got cash then I'm sure they won't turn you away.

Looked on his website - what puts me off them - is that they are pushing finance on every car - so they get a kick back, they get more money with monthly payments. Finance companies on car sales send off warning signs to me - that they dont give a sh1t. I prefer to just pay with cash up front.

£2,775 for an 08 Focus 1.6
    take the finance. you will likely be able to negoshiate a better price because they get commisshion. then settle the finance in cash after about a month or two.

i use motorpoint. they are great. for your price range thoug you could use their auctions for bangers which is next door to their site in newport.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    take the finance. you will likely be able to negoshiate a better price because they get commisshion. then settle the finance in cash after about a month or two.
    No dont do that . You will pay the accumulated finance over the term. BAD advice.

I dont have any cars for sale at the moment sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    No dont do that . You will pay the accumulated finance over the term. BAD advice.

I dont have any cars for sale at the moment sorry.
    i don't with motorpoint. they use black horse finance and if you clear it down they cut all the interest off your balance. i dont know how other finance companys work.

i don't with motorpoint. they use black horse finance and if you clear it down they cut all the interest off your balance. i dont know how other finance companys work.
    I do.

Llewellyns seems to be like Ron Skinner. Llewellyns only have 1 used car under £8,500
    Yes thats true but they do get part ex cars in that are not advertised.Take a run up and ask its not far from you just past Pengam lights.

pashun