+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Calais after Brexit Border Will Move

Calais after Brexit Border Will Move

The French government is "definitely" going to close the UK border post in Calais after Brexit, a close ally of presidential election front runner Alain Juppe has told the BBC.

"I cannot imagine a French politician and a French president telling people, 'Well, you know, the Brits have decided to leave but we have to enforce the border at our border'. This would be very hard to explain."

"That seems obvious because migrants will want to cross, will be able to cross, since the border will be moved to Dover."

I can see this becoming a reality they are demolishing the existing camps and will not want them built up again..

Re: Calais after Brexit Border Will Move

I thought the original departure country had an obligation to screen the documents of all travellers to see if they had valid visas etc? Otherwise planeloads of people from all over could just rock up at Heathrow

Re: Calais after Brexit Border Will Move

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought the original departure country had an obligation to screen the documents of all travellers to see if they had valid visas etc? Otherwise planeloads of people from all over could just rock up at Heathrow
    Think our exit will enable new thinking and procedures, if the plane arrivals system was that easy to navigate we would never had Calais, perhaps the 3rd runway may enable that open border.

The debate on migration and borders is going to very interesting come the next election,cant wait to hear the opposite views .