+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England v India, 2nd Test, Visakhapatnam

Re: England v India, 2nd Test, Visakhapatnam

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Explain?
    It's the England and Wales cricket board, so anyone born in Wales (like me and presumably you) are only eligible to play for England (and Wales). There are many reasons why it's a bad idea as well, mainly as Wales would play 3 games a year, and get 30k funding instead of £3m, would never be in a position to play test cricket and thus would lose their best players to England, who they'd automatically qualify for as UK residents.

I'd rather be happy about us beating Australia in the 05 Ashes (one of the best experiences of my life) than Wales getting tonked by Nepal in Hong Kong.

Slightly off topic, I'm a little surprised that Du Plessis got off with a fine for ball tampering, considering he got history for it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/38023144

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Slightly off topic, I'm a little surprised that Du Plessis got off with a fine for ball tampering, considering he got history for it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/38023144
    I dont think that what Du Plessis did was ball tampering. Steve Smith said that his team use similar methods when shining the ball and they have no issues with it. It will be next to impossible to stop substance from saliva or sweat from getting on the ball, and does it really make a difference. To me in today's game its better to see something go the bowlers way.

The case where he uses a zip to cut the ball is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Bob, they have unearthed a diamond with young Hameed, he was run out in the first innings and got an unplayable grass cutter in the second, top order is fine its 4 and 5 where the issues are
    Yes, Hameed looks like the solution to England's problems at opener for the moment, but I was thinking more in terms of how it always seems to be only one of the top four who can get a big score in any given innings - century partnerships between any of nos 1 to 4 are almost unheard of.