+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brexit to Blame again

Blog Entries

Re: Brexit to Blame again

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are you insinuating that his rigid conformity is not of a voluntary nature?
    Noooooo I was being rude, just ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Noooooo I was being rude, just ignore me.
    Oh, that kind of dirt

Since when has it become de rigueur to provide a bibliography when engaging in general chit-chat on football message board? I'm not here to educate people or change opinions, I am merely mentioning in passing some of the things that I came accross.

I am well aware of the high levels of cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias affecting the population at large, so with regards to personal knowledge, I think it is best left to the individual to conduct their own research however they see fit and without influence.

I have also noted that the last 3 responses were personal attacks that completely avoided what was actually being said. Argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy, and a technique most commonly used by idiots.
    Oo, get you . I only posted it as a joke, but it seems pretty obvious that a nerve has been hit.

Anyway, seeing as you take what I posted as a "personal attack", I'll say three things.

First, when said Football Message Board contains a section where some contributors have far more to say about politics than they ever do about football, then I would have thought the seriousness with which the subject is treated by some would mean that it would always help anyone's argument if they could back up what they are saying with an appropriate link.

Second, despite you being referred to as a loon by some on here, you strike me as an intelligent chap and so when I read your my neighbour's mate's, uncle's dog told me type stuff you sometimes post on here, I can't help thinking that you don't back it up with a link because you know full well that the source of this information would be dismissed as having no credibility if you did.

Third, the above may explain why what links you do use tend to come from the "despised" MSN.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oo, get you . I only posted it as a joke, but it seems pretty obvious that a nerve has been hit.
    I wasn't being entirly serious, just a bit of banter with the other two, they like a bit of rough and tumble

I wasn't being entirly serious, just a bit of banter with the other two, they like a bit of rough and tumble

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Retail Sales Up
    Employment levels up
    FTSE climbing
    "In its analysis of the Autumn Statement, the independent think tank, the IFS, said workers would earn less in real wages in 2021 than they did in 2008.
    "This has, for sure, been the worst decade for living standards certainly since the last war and probably since the 1920s," said Paul Johnson, director of the IFS.
    "We have seen no increase in average incomes so far and it does not look like we are going to get much of an increase over the next four or five years either."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38090977

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tim Muff View Post
    "In its analysis of the Autumn Statement, the independent think tank, the IFS, said workers would earn less in real wages in 2021 than they did in 2008.
    "This has, for sure, been the worst decade for living standards certainly since the last war and probably since the 1920s," said Paul Johnson, director of the IFS.
    "We have seen no increase in average incomes so far and it does not look like we are going to get much of an increase over the next four or five years either."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38090977
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g