+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Carve up of England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland

Interesting Carve up of England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland

Re: Interesting Carve up of England, Wales, Scotland & Ireland

Why can't we go with the Celts?

And the Isle of Man was never in the EU, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's not mine, Leanne wood posted and is sulking about it on FB

Because the Welsh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It's not mine, Leanne wood posted and is sulking about it on FB
    I think the United Kingdom Of England has a nice ring to it

I think the United Kingdom of England has a nice ring to it
    I would guess that the border will be gone circa 50 years and Whales will be dissolved into Ingerland

I would guess that the border will be gone circa 50 years and Whales will be dissolved into Ingerland
    Tommy31 will be right chuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Tommy31 will be right chuffed

Because they are potless

Banned

Why would you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Why would you want to?
    Why would you want to stay with England, unless you're hoping to freeload. Curiously, despite the billions the EU have lavished on Wales, the population narrowly decided it wasn't bothered about all that money.

I think (sadly to me at least) that Welsh people are overall happy at being a shit stain in England's pants. If the EU money gained isn't important, then neither can people use the argument that we'd be up shit creek without England.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why would you want to stay with England, unless you're hoping to freeload. Curiously, despite the billions the EU have lavished on Wales, the population narrowly decided it wasn't bothered about all that money.

I think (sadly to me at least) that Welsh people are overall happy at being a shit stain in England's pants. If the EU money gained isn't important, then neither can people use the argument that we'd be up shit creek without England.
    Parochialists wanted to cozy up to the French, Germans, Italians etc. etc. but hate the thought of integration with England.

I think the United Kingdom Of England has a nice ring to it
    Build the Wall .. build the wall ..

Emperor Hadrian
    AD 122

Parochialists wanted to cozy up to the French, Germans, Italians etc. etc. but hate the thought of integration with England.
    It's clear who you'd rather be your bum chum. May I ask why?

It's clear who you'd rather be your bum chum. May I ask why?
    I'd be gutted if Wales ever lost its status and would want Wales to beat England in everything, but putting all the sports stuff to one side, I'm quite happy to be British and be governed by a corrupt Westminster rather than a corrupt Brussels, It's a bit of a Trump Clinton scenario, both appalling choices but one has to win, so it's London for me. I was a Plaid voter last time out and to a point, LW I believe to be a decent person, but post brexit she started to lose the plot a little although she has now reined herself back in a bit. Welsh politicians have squandered any bit of cash ever given to them and then just blame Westminster, Wales was getting preferable treatment cash wise from the EU, but all the people saw of the money was a viaduct here and there.

I'd be gutted if Wales ever lost its status and would want Wales to beat England in everything, but putting all the sports stuff to one side, I'm quite happy to be British and be governed by a corrupt Westminster rather than a corrupt Brussels, It's a bit of a Trump Clinton scenario, both appalling choices but one has to win, so it's London for me. I was a Plaid voter last time out and to a point, LW I believe to be a decent person, but post brexit she started to lose the plot a little although she has now reined herself back in a bit. Welsh politicians have squandered any bit of cash ever given to them and then just blame Westminster, Wales was getting preferable treatment cash wise from the EU, but all the people saw of the money was a viaduct here and there.
    I share some of your views there, though I'd rather Wales run itself on its own, or as a part of a coalition with Scotland and Ireland, preferably within a wide European frame as I'm a strong advocate of freedom of movement for our citizens.

I think it's wrong that the rest of the UK has little say in things like general elections, the EU referendum etc. England is around 8 times the size of the rest of the UK and, unless politically England is very marginal, virtually everything England wants, it gets and the others can do nothing about it.

However you put it, Wales would be better off as the "shit staing in Englands pants" than part of a new Celtic nation. You talk to Plaid Cymru voters and they just support whatever England or the English don't, it's ****ing pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    However you put it, Wales would be better off as the "shit staing in Englands pants" than part of a new Celtic nation. You talk to Plaid Cymru voters and they just support whatever England or the English don't, it's ****ing pathetic.
    So why are we so happy to freeload from England when we didn't want the significantly greater amounts of money the EU gave Wales which has been of such benefit?

Blog Entries

If you were so 'anti' any other country you would get called all sorts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Because they are potless
    Really? Ireland is running a primary surplus and an expansionary buget, meanwhile isolated Englund and it's last colonies can look forward to never ending austerity and cut backs,

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Really? Ireland is running a primary surplus and an expansionary buget, meanwhile isolated Englund and it's last colonies can look forward to never ending austerity and cut backs,
    And the quality of life is still far better in the UK than it is in Ireland. Thousands of young Irish people move here every year, like they have done for centuries (including my grandparents). The romance attached to Ireland is laughable, there are far more opportunities here than there is in Ireland.

So why are we so happy to freeload from England when we didn't want the significantly greater amounts of money the EU gave Wales which has been of such benefit?
    So we are free loading off England then? Could have sworn I have seen countless Plaid Cymru members fall over themselves to tell each other how Wales is being ****ed over. I voted to leave the EU as the UK, not as Wales.

I share some of your views there, though I'd rather Wales run itself on its own, or as a part of a coalition with Scotland and Ireland, preferably within a wide European frame as I'm a strong advocate of freedom of movement for our citizens.

I think it's wrong that the rest of the UK has little say in things like general elections, the EU referendum etc. England is around 8 times the size of the rest of the UK and, unless politically England is very marginal, virtually everything England wants, it gets and the others can do nothing about it.
    Given that we would keeP all existing devolved powers in a Celtic coalition what would happen with defence, foreign policy tax NI etc.

By Ireland you are not including the republic are you?

I'd probably vote to join a Celtic republic as opposed to remain an irrelevance stuck on the side of England.

For the uk to remain cohesive I think it would take splitting up England into 7 or 8 regions as currently they are so much bigger than everyone else there cannot be parity