+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Tour (old top gear)

Re: Grand Tour (old top gear)

I don't understand what amazon are getting from the deal.

I've lent my log in details to 4 people......

A desperate attempt to compete with netflix. Theyve got no chance.

Anyone would think that people were being forced at gunpoint to watch it.

Half the stuff on TV these days looks uter shit, so guess what, I don't watch stuff I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Anyone would think that people were being forced at gunpoint to watch it.

Half the stuff on TV these days looks uter shit, so guess what, I don't watch stuff I don't like.
    Yeah but some people either love to moan. Or dont watch it and still moan about it, despite not watching it.

People have forgotten to simply carry on with things they dont like. Just move on.

For me in a time with very few people being themselves I love Clarkson, even though he is a cock. He doesnt pander to the popular vote, he does what he wants. And too many people dont do that these days, trying to fit in with what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Yeah but some people either love to moan. Or dont watch it and still moan about it, despite not watching it.

People have forgotten to simply carry on with things they dont like. Just move on.

For me in a time with very few people being themselves I love Clarkson, even though he is a cock. He doesnt pander to the popular vote, he does what he wants. And too many people dont do that these days, trying to fit in with what other people think.
    you do realise someone will be along to show so " faux outrage " at that soon enough

Amazon are refusing to release viewing figures for the show apparently, which tells you all you need to know.

I think Amazon prime have somewhere less than 2million uk households signed up so Even if they were all watching it isnt going to be great

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Amazon are refusing to release viewing figures for the show apparently, which tells you all you need to know.

I think Amazon prime have somewhere less than 2million uk households signed up so Even if they were all watching it isnt going to be great
    Viewing figures with online viewing are not really comparable with traditional TV viewing figures. It could take weeks/months to get people to watch it.

Its most likely a loss leader to get people to sign up for Prime this Christmas when they do their christmas shopping.

Viewing figures with online viewing are not really comparable with traditional TV viewing figures. It could take weeks/months to get people to watch it.

Its most likely a loss leader to get people to sign up for Prime this Christmas when they do their christmas shopping.
    I hate the future

And I can officially confirm not all Prime users watched that pile of crap.

Indeed.

TopGear was popular in many parts of the world (though diminishing as clarkson set about offending vast swathes of 'Johnny Foreigner's' all over the planet).
    I'm sure Amazon will have world-wide distribution / licenced re-distribution in mind, or may use it as a loss-leader to get folks signed up.

Not my cup of tea TBH - to my eye - the format had already long felt like something rather embarrassing from our past, but as others have said, its a choice - easily avoided, or avidly watched - in our free (or pay-to-watch!) society.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Indeed.

TopGear was popular in many parts of the world (though diminishing as clarkson set about offending vast swathes of 'Johnny Foreigner's' all over the planet).
    I'm sure Amazon will have world-wide distribution / licenced re-distribution in mind, or may use it as a loss-leader to get folks signed up.

Not my cup of tea TBH - to my eye - the format had already long felt like something rather embarrassing from our past, but as others have said, its a choice - easily avoided, or avidly watched - in our free (or pay-to-watch!) society.
    You are getting more uptight in your old age.

You are getting more uptight in your old age.
    No, not at all. You have misunderstood .

I was merely referring to the rather gung-ho / empire-esque tone of the old TG / Clarkson, which some folks find embarrassing.
    I agree with your implied point - they needn't moan - as it is easily remedied - i.e. don't watch, or rather nowadays, don't pay to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    No, not at all. You have misunderstood .

I was merely referring to the rather gung-ho / empire-esque tone of the old TG / Clarkson, which some folks find embarrassing.
    I agree with your implied point - they needn't moan - as it is easily remedied - i.e. don't watch, or rather nowadays, don't pay to watch.
    If only Nigel Farage could be restricted to a subscription only website accessed by only a minority of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    If only Nigel Farage could be restricted to a subscription only website accessed by only a minority of the population.
    never mind Blair is canvassing to stay in the EU, just what the remainders need

No its very fashionable to not like them.
    Rubbish. It was/still is fashionable to like Top Gear. A classic case of the emperor's clothes.