+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 29% possession???

Re: 29% possession???

Yeah opta do passes. I think in the world cup it's on chess clock.

I've said before on here that possession is a rubbish stat. You see people say 'we had 54% possession, must have played well'. It's the number one most used and overrated stat as it's what you do with the ball that counts.

Easily get arrested with 29% possession.

This game was a steal.

The game has evolved from the tika taka pass, pass, pass situation. Let teams fanny about 50 yards from your goal, getting their possession stats up, the law of averages mean that the more passes they make one will eventually go astray. It's all about taking advantage of that one that goes astray, we did it perfectly at Forest and created numerous chances which, with a clinical striker, would have put us out of sight. Really enjoyed yesterday, great win against a decent side, makes those few Saturday night pints taste that little bit sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that, I assumed they were still based on the amount of time a team was in possession - seems to me that those stats become less relevant using the method you describe.

Yes Bob, Jose Mourinho was moaning about it a few weeks ago when he claimed that United had 4% more possession than the option stats said!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Yes Bob, Jose Mourinho was moaning about it a few weeks ago when he claimed that United had 4% more possession than the option stats said!
    It all means we can look forward to more stats saying that we had something like thirty per cent possession, but I'll be a lot less bothered about it than I was before.

It all means we can look forward to more stats saying that we had something like thirty per cent possession, but I'll be a lot less bothered about it than I was before.
    Don't worry mate Tandy will be sure to remind you.

Are you going to Landore this afternoon Bob?
    The younger age groups of the academy play Swansea today at Treforest . The first game kicks off at 9am then the next at 11am then at 1pm

Thanks for that, I assumed they were still based on the amount of time a team was in possession - seems to me that those stats become less relevant using the method you describe.
    I think that, given that playing styles seem to be getting more diverse in terms of teams that like keeping hold of the ball, or a team that's happy with the other team having it and catching them on the break (thinking that possession meant bugger all to last season's Premier League winners), possession stats are hardly indicative of which team had the best of a game, but I now agree with you, they're even less relevant, almost irrelevant.

How many times ?
    It's just one stat.
    10% possession is sufficient against a side who can't defend set pieces.

They played some nice stuff, but we caused more problems with our 3 big physical ball winners.

Also thought in patches we played some lovely quick effective football with some excellent interplay between our front players.

Meaningful penetrating possession just outside and inside the opponents penalty box is all that matters ,that is the statistic and skill you need, everything else is training ground stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We lost to Newcastle.

If Slade had played against Newcastle he would have pulled down his pants on the halfway line and offered his arsehole to Alan Shearer, Peter Beardsley, Jackie Milburn, Mirandinha, Phillipe Albert and Freddie Sheppard and allowed himself to be violated live on sky the cock sucking fat bellend
    On the channel 5 highlights show they remarked that Charlton probably needed someone to settle things down now and that, strangely, the man they had just parted company with was exactly the right sort to fit that description.

Warnock won't accept just settling a team down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    That's twice under Colin we have achieved that unremarkable statistic of 29% possession. We have yet to get over 40% possession under Colin. The other worrying thing is that we have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of his games in charge.
    3 more points though the same a Sladeless Charlton had.

So when you posted "but we do win" you actually meant we won today.
    Can YOU make it a bit clearer next time you DOPEY Liverpool fan.
    Dopey cnut i fcucking hate Liverpool with a passion,you know as much as you dad, tosser

That's twice under Colin we have achieved that unremarkable statistic of 29% possession. We have yet to get over 40% possession under Colin. The other worrying thing is that we have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of his games in charge.
    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

29% possession 😆😆😆😆😆

The Neil Warnock Academy of anti-football raises its head at another club.

He should be banned from the game for the eyesores he produces.
    Bet it was accompanied by long throws. Hoof it from the back and general thuggery.

Fking horrible football .

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    ������������������

29% possession ����������

Bet it was accompanied by long throws. Hoof it from the back and general thuggery.

The village is missing it's idiot again.

������������������

it hasnt been that long since we beat you ( again ), you normally take a while, you seem to be back quicker than normal ? ? ?

I didnt catch what you had to say after we beat you, as i drove straight from CCS to heathrow for my holidays, then didnt check the board for the 2 weeks, did you enjoy the game ? ? ?

������������������

Get off your soap box you daft ****, if Tammy doesn't score for your lot, you don't win. Preaching to us about football when you're a one man team, and he's not even yours.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

29% possession 😆😆😆😆😆

Yep but we won

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

29% possession 😆😆😆😆😆

Easy for you to say jurssey from your lofty play off position... Oh hang on.