+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 60 Tory MPs back call to leave single market

60 Tory MPs back call to leave single market

Re: 60 Tory MPs back call to leave single market

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think there was always an underlying will of many politicians (all sides) that wanted out but, and as just like the public, were being bullied (as seen on here), and being labelled racist and uneducated, by the selfish rich who just wanted the status quo with, the rewards from the EU going to the usual suspects i.e themselves. There was never a choice of an exit strategy, it was a simple in or out vote, the wealthy are desperate with their attempts to hold on to their money supply, but slowly, the silent majority are raising their head above the parapet, and with the anonymity of the ballot box saying, "enough is enough" I guess the next couple of years will tell if the move to the right is just limited the to the U.K and U.S.A or if the groundswell is mirrored across the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I think there was always an underlying will of many politicians (all sides) that wanted out but, and as just like the public, were being bullied (as seen on here), and being labelled racist and uneducated, by the selfish rich who just wanted the status quo with, the rewards from the EU going to the usual suspects i.e themselves. There was never a choice of an exit strategy, it was a simple in or out vote, the wealthy are desperate with their attempts to hold on to their money supply, but slowly, the silent majority are raising their head above the parapet, and with the anonymity of the ballot box saying, "enough is enough" I guess the next couple of years will tell if the move to the right is just limited the to the U.K and U.S.A or if the groundswell is mirrored across the channel.
    Considering around 130 Tory MP's were believed to have voted for Brexit, 60 of them saying we should leave the single market seems an extraordinarily low number to me.

Also this idea that a vote for Brexit is a vote against personal greed is so unfounded and frankly naive that I don't know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Also this idea that a vote for Brexit is a vote against personal greed is so unfounded and frankly naive that I don't know where to start.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Considering around 130 Tory MP's were believed to have voted for Brexit, 60 of them saying we should leave the single market seems an extraordinarily low number to me.
    Either way, Teresa May finds herself stuck in a pincer movement, as those 60 MP's could remove her at any given moment, or even force a general election. Of course the other player is Donald Trump, who could have a huge influence on the future of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Seeing as you mention the usual suspects, the greatest trick the establishment ever pulled was to convince enough voters that they weren't the establishment, they were the leaders of some sort of rising up of the "downtrodden".