+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anna Soubry

Anna Soubry

Never liked her, always thought of her a typical mean spirited, heartless Tory. Perhaps I've misjudged her a bit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ubry-interview

Re: Anna Soubry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Never liked her, always thought of her a typical mean spirited, heartless Tory. Perhaps I've misjudged her a bit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ubry-interview
    That's a decent read.

Sludge would.

I vote for the Tories because they are heartless, mean spirited and above all else sensible. I trust them to make decisions based on facts and not feelings. Soubry may as well cross the divide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I vote for the Tories because they are heartless, mean spirited and above all else sensible. I trust them to make decisions based on facts and not feelings. Soubry may as well cross the divide.
    They are not heartless, they give their friends and donors exactly what they ask for, and they even share offshore banking tips if you went to the same school, or are members of the same lodge

She tries to sell herself as a tory with a heart.

When she actually tries to walk about policies it is pretty empty. stuff.

She was on the radio last week discussing brexit. Her main comment was "who will do the work once we've left the eu"

I mean really?.

Add her to the long list of MP's that simply shout loud and say things people want to hear. I meet people in day to day life who are far more impressive than these people that supposedly act for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They are not heartless, they give their friends and donors exactly what they ask for, and they even share offshore banking tips if you went to the same school, or are members of the same lodge
    The tories have done more than any other government to tackle tax avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Both Cameron and Osborne were beneficiaries of offshore companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Both Cameron and Osborne were beneficiaries of offshore companies.
    Yes 6 years ago.

They have also raised the Income tax threshold at a very steady rate which is now at £11,500,and stolen the march in raising the living wage badge away from Labour. In 2012–13 , 8,10 ,whcih is an interesting rate of rise .

Gosh to you remember Gordon Browns 10 p tax moment ,heartless.

Nothing to worry about there at all - it's obviously a(nother) lone nutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    In the week where benefit sanctions were shown statistically to have a detrimental impact on compliance, were incredibly varied from one center to the next and were actioned in order to meet targets rather than encourage people back into work yet still defended by this government...

Or the right wing English debate about the importance of wearing a poppy and yet armed forces are not given support needed to match how much of an at risk group they are.

Or how Grammar Schools do not improve a constituency education standards yet are dealt a bonus from this government's latest budget.

No mention of feelings. I guess you could have meant that you trust them to be better at making it based on facts in which case it becomes harder to debate.